“Very nice hotel with a small B&B feel”

Victoria House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our honeymoon. We pulled up and I was already impressed with the overall look. Once we got inside, I loved how it had a small B&B feel but with all of the amenities of a hotel. The front desk staff was great and recommended some very great places to grab a drink. Our room was a reasonable size with all the amenities you could ask for. The only downside was that our room only had two skylights facing the west and when we checked into the room it was very warm and there was no AC. Despite that, the room cooled down nicely. I may suggest that they invest in some fans. The hotel bar was great as well, good drinks, service and food. I would stay here again without a second thought. A bit of a long walk to the bar scene but perfect for something more quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side will get warm in the summer. If you are on the 3rd floor, allow them to carry...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in a room for too bank in May during the trip across Ireland. We got a great deal on www.booking.com and were not disappointed a single bit. Room was nice and cozy. Receptionist very helpful and welcoming. Hotel itself is located meters away from INEC and short walk from Killarney National Park.
Read some negative reviews about this Hotel but I'm trully glad we did not experience anything close to those...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

10minute walk to killarney town, next door to the inec, across from a beautiful park. fabulous rooms, staff were lovely too.
bar food wasexcellent as was the breakfast. Had a really lovely 4 days. ideally suited tho couples I think as there is not much for children.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at the victoria house hotel for the june bank holiday weekend . Great location as we were there for the killarney bikefest . We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which are beautiful and staff very friendly definately book again next year .

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Archoskarenk
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had a delightful stay at the Victoria. I loved my cozy well decorated room, I stayed for 5 days. The accomodations were beautiful, peaceful and great price. The food was terrific and the location was withing walking distance of many sights. Bikes are handy, jaunty rides come by and bus trips are all available and staff helped me find whatever I needed. Most of all everyone treated me like family, I had travelled alone and I really felt welcomed and embraced by the owner and staff. It was my favorite spot on my vacation, I will definitely come back on my next trip.

Room Tip: delux rooms rock.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for two nights and we both loved the hotel! It's like a little boutique hotel. Lovely rooms and lovely staff. The national park is a few minutes walk which had the most magnificent walk ways. The town itself is a good 10 mins brisk walk or 20mins at your leisure. We'd both stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here just the one night whilst travelling around Ireland. We wished we had stayed 2 nights here rather than the previous night in Killarney as this town is much nicer and the hotels too.

I was travelling with 2 friends and the room was large with a suite area/sofas which was great for us. It was modern, bright, clean and comfortable with a large tv and the bathroom was fantastic with a large spa bath. The only thing letting it down was that there were no toiletries in the bathroom. There was some soap and a shower cap but no shower gel or shampoo which I think is pretty poor (especially as we were flying with Ryanair so limited in what we could take with us).

We went to the bar for a drink and ended up staying a few hours, sat at the bar with the staff who are all incredibly friendly. The receptionist was lovely too and greeted us really well. The only thing letting it down was the breakfast for us; I think it was quite limited for people who don't eat fry ups or meat. The egg selection/vegetarian options weren't as good as some other places I have stayed. I was expecting a lot as the dining room was really nice and the staff too but I think there could have been more on offer.

Overall this was a really good hotel to stay in and we were really pleased with our choice. It is right on the edge of the town and the national park, with a large car park as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends