“Beautiful setting”

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
London
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here just the one night whilst travelling around Ireland. We wished we had stayed 2 nights here rather than the previous night in Killarney as this town is much nicer and the hotels too.

I was travelling with 2 friends and the room was large with a suite area/sofas which was great for us. It was modern, bright, clean and comfortable with a large tv and the bathroom was fantastic with a large spa bath. The only thing letting it down was that there were no toiletries in the bathroom. There was some soap and a shower cap but no shower gel or shampoo which I think is pretty poor (especially as we were flying with Ryanair so limited in what we could take with us).

We went to the bar for a drink and ended up staying a few hours, sat at the bar with the staff who are all incredibly friendly. The receptionist was lovely too and greeted us really well. The only thing letting it down was the breakfast for us; I think it was quite limited for people who don't eat fry ups or meat. The egg selection/vegetarian options weren't as good as some other places I have stayed. I was expecting a lot as the dining room was really nice and the staff too but I think there could have been more on offer.

Overall this was a really good hotel to stay in and we were really pleased with our choice. It is right on the edge of the town and the national park, with a large car park as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I really can't praise this hotel enough! It was absolutely incredible from start to finish and I loved every minute of it. My boyfriend and I decided to go away for a weekend break just to get out of the city and god were we delighted. First of all, the price. We got two nights stay with breakfast on both mornings As well as a three course dinner one of the nights all for 198! We were thrilled with this and the hotel was way above its standard! Upon arrival we were informed by the lovely Monica at reception that we had been upgraded to a luxury suite! The room was beautiful, very spacious, comfortable and clean! The beds were so comfy and there was an incredible jacuzzi bath! They were also very quite which was a major plus. The food was delicious and had a decent selection. The staff are a credit to the hotel. So friendly, welcoming and down to earth from the restaurant to reception. Really enjoyed the experience! Would recommend a day trip to Dingle for rock climbing and the aquarium :)

• Stayed May 2013
San Jose, CA
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've stayed in some of the finest hotels, none of them match the level of service and genuine friendliness we experienced at the Victoria House. What is equally unsual is that the Bar Food was so delicious that we did not venture out of the hotel to dine at any of the local restaurants in Killarney. The hotel is on Muckross Road, just a couple kilometers outside of Killarney in a country setting. As for the rooms, they are large, well appointed with very comfortable bedding and linens. The sleep experience was wonderful due in part to its quiet location. This is a place that we'd like to return and spend a week, a couple nights was just not enough!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely setting, excellent service, beautiful room decor, but no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast was very nice and the bar was snug and bar like for a hotel, which is good. No problem locating the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great staff, if you're looking for Irish hospitality stay here! They are really genuinely friendly. It's in a great location within easy reach of the town centre and Muckross Park. Bar is very cosy for a meal or a few drinks on a wet evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here for a day before waking up early to start the Ring of Kerry. Easy to find for those of you driving in Ireland for the first time. Off the beaten path a bit, not in town but lovely for a night before starting off the Ring in the morning.

The staff was very friendly!! We arrived right when the kitchen was about to close, and a staff member phoned our room to see if they should hold the kitchen open for us. We declined, but it did bring us out of our room to grab a beer down at the bar. The bartenders were very kind, and we drank a lovely beer by the fire place. The beds were comfortable, and the view was very beautiful. The shower/water pressure was excellent. Very clean!

Would stay again, and would recommend to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I made a booking at this hotel last October 2012 for this coming June 2013, through Supervalu Getaway Breaks, for 3 nights. I was telephoned last week by the front office manager and she asked how many were in my party, was it 1 adult and 2 children? I said yes, it was. I was then told that due to an overbooking error by the hotel, all family rooms were gone (I had booked and received written confirmation of my Family room), and they could only offer me a double bed to share with one of my children and a camp bed for the other. I was shocked and disappointed. I feel it may be due to the fact that I booked through Supervalu Breaks, as it is a less expensive option, and great value. I have no choice but to accept the hotel's offer of camp beds it seems. But I am hurt and offended as I booked so far in advance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family