“Looking forward to our next break there”

Victoria House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Have known this establishment since approx. 2007, stayed here a few times as my wife & myself like the hillwalking here in Killarney and its surroundings, also eat here in the bar on regular day trips down here, food and service is great, love the cosy bar, nice friendly staff, have just booked a 2 night stay near Valentines day, looking forward to that! Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat, my Mum, who is quite particular, also liked the bar food here when I brought her in after a day trip, if she is happy then they must be doing things right!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Myself and my two friends, decided to go for Sunday lunch at Victoria House Hotel, as we walked in a lovely staff named Francis served us, as i looked to the Sunday menu nothing appealed to me, one of my friend who already been in the place couple times, told me to try the Victoria steak burger so the three of us end up ordering the burger, and i was so glad did, the burger was insanely dlicious, huge burger, fresh made especially for us, its the far the best burger i ever had, well worth to try it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarcelloChaves
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We checked into this hotel for 2 nights and we were very happy. The staff were extremely friendly and there was a nice cosy atmosphere to the hotel. On the second night the shower wasn't working properly and we were upgraded to a much bigger room with a jacuzzi bath. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. I look forward to staying there in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited the Victoria House Hotel recently and were delighted with the reception that we received for a very efficient receptionist. ~She was friendly and very helpful, which is great which you just arrive. The bar was cosy and inviting, and the food offer very good. Location is the best, as you are near the Killarney national Park, and the Gleneagle hotel with the INEC concert venue minutes away. you will need a taxi though if you are thinking of heading into town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here before lovely hotel. Nice friendly greeting on arrival. Rooms excellent lovely and clean and all u need in it. This time we had food in the bar really good couldn't recommend this hotel enough .Excellent and lovely friendly helpfull staff

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel having visited their website and the hotel itself and rooms looked lovely. It wasn't cheap but it was our only break all year so we went for it. We arrived after quite a long drive and were given our room..when we git into or room horrified is not a string enough word to express our feelings..i thought we had been Teleported outside to the caravan park it was a disgrace. You wouldn't swing a cat In it. It was in desperate need of a lick of paint,bed covers were worn, the bathroom was clean but not at all near 3* quality. The website really had falsely advertised the rooms.we decided we were going to look to be moved to another room or move hotel..the receptionist in fairness saved the day and was very understanding and showed great empathy. She moved us to a better room and upgraded us to a suite which was a million times better than the first room.breakfast was nice, service was good which again was the saving grace here.i would suggest checking the room before u pay, I would also suggest to the hotel owners to stick your hand in your pocket and make a change in the rooms I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about...

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank wandering2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed there in September with my boyfriend. We are in our early twenties. We stayed for four days. I found the staff to be quite aloof. They were much nicer to the older guests. The bar staff were not great. One out of the four of them was nice. The breakfast was quite expensive and we were asked to move so other guests could be seated but then were told to stay there. The cleaning staff were nice but only changed the bed sheets upon request. The bar closed quite early and no food was available after eight or nine. The walk from the hotel into town was further than we were led to believe. I would not recommend a stay here for more than one night.

• Stayed: September 2012