Dromhall Hotel
Lake Hotel(Killarney)
$248
$226
Hotels.com
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$161
Orbitz.com
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
All reviewskaynes barsister hotel next doorlovely hoteltown centrebar foodwedding receptionleisure centrefive minute walktour groupmuckross roadbreakfast was includedbus tourenjoyable stayreception areathe pubhotel bartop class
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were on a bus tour in Ireland for 15 days and three nights were spent in Killarney.
The hotel was nice but I found the front staff was lacking in helpfulness - except for Martina!
We were late in coming back for supper as we were trying to find a self service laundry - which we did eventually find with Martina's help. We were served our appetizer and main course but not offered anything for dessert which I found odd. Apparently supper service was a complete joke - according to a table of 6 we joined. In fact, the manager offered everyone an irish coffee - guess we did not get ours because we were late.
Breakfast was good all of the days. Supper was much better the next night.
Rooms were very hot and no air!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank QPW
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear QPW

Thank you for your recent review. I was concerned to read that your experience at our hotel did not seem up to our usual standards. I'm delighted that you found Martina very helpful and can only apologise if our other front of house staff did not appear as helpful, as a high standard of customer service is very important to us.

I can't understand why you were not served a dessert at dinner. This would not have been done deliberately - regardless of what time you sat down to eat. As for the Irish Coffees, this is something that we are offering as complimentary to all our tour visitors to celebrate our 50 years in business. The time for this is agreed with each Tour Manager - and I'm sorry that you weren't in the hotel when they were served.

Regarding the heat in the room, we provide an electric fan for every bedroom. Again I apologise if this was not the case in your room for some reason. We would have been very happy to supply one had you enquired at Reception.

If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel, I would appreciate hearing more about your contact with our front of house staff and I'd also like to know which night you had your dinner with us so I can find out what went wrong there.

I appreciate your feedback and am only sorry that you didn't benefit from our usual high standards in the hotel. I'm pleased however, that you enjoyed your breakfasts and your dinner on the 2nd night and I will pass on your kind comments to Martina.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

What a beautiful venue for a wedding. My sister got married there last week and our family were blown away by the welcome, the service and the food we received both prior to and including the wedding day. Sue, the wedding manager couldn't have been more helpful and was very attentive on the day, ensuring that my sister and her husband had the best day ever. Mike, too, was excellent and helped put every one at ease before the speeches etc and even arranged my sisters request to have a special cake and candles brought out to guest who was celebrating her birthday on the day. Larry, the wedding car driver was the nicest guy ever and acted as tour guide as he drove us from the church to the reception. The conversation never stopped all the way back. There was one man, presumably another manager that put us under some pressure about time which was a pity as that was the only time we felt any pressure all day. If I were him, Id let it up to Mike and Sue who do a brilliant job on their own. That was the only hitch with the whole day and our family wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Dromhall as a wedding venue for any couple who want fabulous food and fantastic service on their special day. Thanks Sue, Mike and Larry and staff from Dromhall.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear rubylass

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was our pleasure to host your sister's wedding and to take care of your family and guests. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Sue, Michael & Larry. I'm sorry that you felt a little under pressure, time-wise, and hope that it didn't affect your day too much.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the food and the service too, and thank you for your recommendation. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you or other family members back to the Dromhall hotel sometime.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

we stayed here for 2 nights. photos on internet look fab, but I have to say rooms are outdated...cracks on the walls and cracked tiles in bathroom. There was a wedding that night and the music was horribly loud...we couldn't sleep up until morning...we rang reception 3 times no good. So much stress...They do lots of wedding, so I wouldn't advise to pick this hotel because of the noice. It's a hotel and guests suppose to have a good quality sleep.if they do wedding they have to do elsewhere, not under the rooms...came for relaxing but got stressed out.we got a free dinner, but when I asked if they could take a bottle of wine off our bill, Manager Brendan said "no".It's not a big deal for a hotel...a price is a shop would be about 7 eur only...so people stay away because of the weddings and the noise it couse. And it's not a classic slow music to witch you can fall asleep. it's horribly loud and fast music...stay away

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank super sweet A

Dear nacka A

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologise for the fact that you had a disturbed night. The majority of medium to large hotels in Ireland host weddings and it is sometimes difficult to get the balance right between wedding guests and regular hotel guests. We always, where possible, put non-wedding guests directly away from the function room and I'm sorry that this wasn't possible for you. I hope you enjoyed your complimentary meal with us.

We have an on-going bedroom refurbishment programme, which has seen 2 of our 3 floors renovated, with the 3rd floor due for completion this year.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for two night a couple of weeks ago as part of an escorted tour group with Gate1. Before we had gotten off the bus, the hotel manager personally greeted us and saw us off the same way when we left. I called down asking for the location of an ice machine. The front desk stated that we would have to go to the bar downstairs for ice (a typical occurrence in Ireland). Two minutes later there was a knock at the door with one of the staff holding a full ice bucket. Same kind of thing when I couldn't get logged to the wifi. Two minutes another knock at the door with a staff member there to assist me. Its all about the service (and a decent location to boot).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Jeffky

Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a family-run and operated hotel, we always aim to offer a first-class personal service, so it's heart-warming to read reviews such as yours about our staff.

I hope that you may have the opportunity to stay with us again one day.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is really nice. So much so I'll stay there trice
The foods Devine. The musics Great and the staff don't make you wait.
Next door is the Randell spa, where Cathriona's touch is ohh la la.
Nothing is a problem in the DROMHALL - for your next break give them a call
Your sure to be happy while you are there because their speciality is 'CARE'

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kittyirish

Dear Kittyirish

Thank you for your lovely and most unusual review! We appreciate the trouble you've gone to. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you got to experience the Spa at our sister hotel next door - the Randles Court.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again one day, and hope that your next visit will once again provide some creative inspiration!