“Enjoyable stay and good service.”
Review of Dromhall Hotel

Dromhall Hotel
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
“Enjoyable stay and good service.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed in Dromhall for a night in August. Very nice hotel only a short walk from Killarney. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. Nice bar with music attached to hotel with good folk/trad music in the evening. Breakfast was very nice and plentiful. Would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Clemj01

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that you were pleased with the high standard of our customer service and our food. I'm pleased too that you were able to pay a visit to our Kayne's Bar & Bistro, which features live music every Saturday night, and maybe you'll be able to sample some of the delicious food there during your next visit to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dromhall Hotel one day in the future.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Lady at front desk was most helpful, allowing my husband to use the computer behind the desk. Excellent service and great advice from the staff in the bar. We will definitely stay here next year on our next visit to Ireland.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Donoghue32

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff helpful. We take great pride in our personable and professional staff and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dromhall Hotel next year.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were traveling with a Trafalgar bus tour and Dromhall Hotel was a two night stay. It was among the nicest of stays on our 14 days in Ireland and Scotland. The accomodations were excellent and the dining matched the facility, great. The staff at Dromhall is the best we've encountered. My wife caught a cold on the flight from the States to Ireland, and it was getting deep in her chest. When we arose in the morning we asked at the desk where a medical clinic could be found. Bernadette Randles overheard our request and promptly stepped up and drove us to the clinic, waited as my wife had her appointment, and returned us to the Hotel. We arrived barely in time for breakfast and our day of touring. Waitress Barbara was very understanding at our late breakfast arrival and made us feel very comfortable as we ate. Meanwhile, Bernadette took my wife's prescription and got it filled for her while we were out with Trafalgar so that it was there when we returned. We arrived at Dromhall Hotel as two people in a "mob" of tourists off two tour buses. We left feeling like family. Bernadette and Barbara were very gracious and extended themselves to make our stay not only pleasant, but memorable.

Room Tip: No tip, because no one in our tour group had any complaints about Dromhall Hotel, and we were roomed...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Parkertx

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your visit to our hotel. I was only too happy to be of help in order to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I'm pleased that you liked our hotel and that your stay with us proved to be memorable during your 2 week tour. We take great pride in aspiring to offer exceptional customer service and it's heartening to read that we achieved this in your experience. I will pass your kind comments on to Barbara.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Dromhall Hotel one day in the future.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Dromhall hotel for a 2 night break weekend 23rd August 2013 facilities at this hotel are excellent, found all staff corteous and friendly. Breakfast was delicious as cooked to order, also had food in the bar which was very nice and tasty. overall i found this hotel very comfortable, clean and walking distance from centre of killarney we will definately go back again.
Bridie & Peter
Glasnevin

Room Tip: look for a room to the front with view of mountains...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter K
Dear Peter K

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit to our hotel. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in cooking all our breakfasts to order, so it's good to hear a nice compliment about them and also about the food in our Kayne's Bar & Bistro. I'm pleased also that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous as this is another area of the service we provide that's very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you and Bridie back to the The Dromhall Hotel on another occasion.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed in the Dromhall with our 6 month old baby recently. Unfortunately he was a little sick on the trip and we needed hotel assistance with contacting a local doctor. They could not have been more helpful. Bernadette was genuinely concerned and went out of her way to ensure everything was ok. Thankfully there was nothing to worry about. The hotel was lovely, our room was spotless, we met our cleaner on a couple of occasions and she was so friendly and nice. We ate in the hotel bar once and again were delighted with the customer service, I think it was Brendan who served us. Breakfast was great, lots to choose from. The location of the hotel is very convenient, 2 minute walk to the town centre. The only negative I would have is the mattress in the travel cot provided was very uncomfortable but thankfully we brought our own. But overall we have a lovely experience and We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Antoinettelan

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review of your recent visit to our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you all and I hope your son is now back to full health. It was also lovely to read your kind comments about our hotel and our staff - which I will be sure to pass on to them. I have noted your concern about the cot mattress and will be looking into that.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you all back to The Dromhall Hotel one day in the future.

La Mirada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The ladies at the desk were super helpful. This hotel has a great in-house massage deal and the massage therapist is absolutely terrific. Both my daughter and I enjoyed that service after a very long day driving. The hotel is about two blocks from downtown Killarney. A short walk past the racetrack (horses). The jaunting carts clop by many times a day (very quaint), and are available for hire. Our room was clean, nice bathroom and shower, and comfy beds. The only thing I would like to see change is that the restaurant, and the bar would serve food a little bit later in the evening. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracy Lea F
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear La Mirada

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you found our staff helpful and that you and your daughter enjoyed your massages at our Zen Day Spa. I will pass your comments on to the staff concerned. We are indeed very conveniently located - so close to the centre of town - and I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We serve food in our bar until last orders at 9.30 pm every night - I'm sorry that we weren't able to accommodate you at a later time.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Dromhall Hotel some day in the future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this Hotel in August 2013.We did not have a hotel booked and just called in. The staff on reception especially Noreen made us feel so welcome and went to endless trouble to arrange accommodation for us giving us the Bridal Room when we told them our wedding anniversary was next week. The room was very spacious and comfortable, the food was excellent with very friendly staff we had a wonderful stay here. Breakfast was terrific with beautifully served food and a great selection.
We would love to stay here again when we visit Killarney

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear johnhogan14

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to read your comments and will certainly pass on your kind words to Noreen and the rest of the staff. As a family-run business, we place a high importance on our customer service so it's heartening to read reviews such as yours. We're proud of our staff and it's nice for them to receive praise.

I hope that you may be able to come and stay with us again, and may I wish you both a belated Happy Anniversary.