“Ladies May Bank Holiday weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dromhall Hotel

Dromhall Hotel
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Monmouthshire,UK
“Ladies May Bank Holiday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Three of us stayed in Room 100 for two nights bed and breakfast during the May Bank Holiday weekend. Our room was beautiful with an excellent bathroom. The breakfast was wonderful, lots of choice, tasted great with excellent friendly staff.

We had our evening meal upstairs in the Bistro in their Kayne's Bar. It was absolutely delicious. The portions were so generous, top quality and we couldn't believe how reasonable the cost was. Also the waiter couldn't have been more friendly and attentive.

The Manager, Bernadette Randals warmly welcomed us to her family run Hotel and her staff are a credit to her with special mention to Denice and Tommy on Reception. My two girlfriends had never been to Killarney before and were very impressed with their stay. They also said they had been told Ireland was expensive but after their visit they completely disagree with this. They said they will definitely return and would be more than happy to stay at this friendly, top quality Hotel. The hotel is also so conveniently situated as it is only about ten minutes walk from Killarney town with it's many bespoke shops and top quality restaurants and bars.

Thank you to all at the Dronhall for making us so welcome and being everything we imagined!!

A Kerry welcome sure is a very special welcome indeed!!!

Michele M

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Aratheusa,

I thank you most sincerely for giving your time to comment on your stay at the Dromhall Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you were happy with the services, friendly staff and the location of the Hotel.

I will defiantly pass your comments on to the staff they will appreciate them also. It is nice for all to hear we are doing a good job.

I agree, Killarney is a beautiful place and offers great value for money.

I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back at the Dromhall Hotel in the not too distant future.

Bernadette Randles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Greek first
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a lovely hotel that just needs a little updating. The televisions were quite old and the remote had no battery cover (was held together by tape) and did not work (surprise). However, a technician was sent (complete with instruction manual) and while unable to remedy the problem then, he did so while we were at dinner! The pool was a nice touch, even though you have to walk across the parking lot to get there. The spa was more than reasonable and the spa package of massage and mini facial just what I needed. This hotel is such a short walk to town that it made our stay all the more enjoyable. The breakfasts were plentiful and good and the service excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MikeDana2
Dear Mike Dana

I am delighted at the fantastic comments you have made about the Dromhall Hotel. I thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

We are a family run business and we take great pride in being able to give our guests a relaxing and comfortable visit. I assume you were staying on the 3rd floor with reference to hotel décor. We have upgraded the first and second floors bedrooms to a more modern look.

Again I appreciate your kind words and hopefully you will choose to return to us soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We booked this 4-star hotel without expecting much. After a terrible stay at a 3-star hotel in Limerick, this was a big surprise. The hotel is beautiful on the outside. On the inside it's nice and clean. We were greeted by a friendly staff. The room is spacious and the bedding is very nice. The housekeeping staff did a great job cleaning the room and bathroom. This is as nice as any Hilton or Marriott that I've stayed in in the US.
The breakfast and the wait staff at the restaurant was great too. Food was generous and delicious.
We had a couple of drinks at the bar at night and you can see this is a popular place even among the locals.
We enjoyed our stay here very much. Too bad we had to move on to Dublin.

Room Tip: Within walking distance to the city centre of Killarney. Also next to Killarney National Forest. T...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Meng T,

It gives me the greatest of pleasures to read the wonderful comments you have made about Dromhall Hotel. I thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts. Reviews like this are really appreciated by us all.

As a family run business we take great pride in delivering a good service to all our guests and your comments prove we are successful.

Again I thank you and I will post your comments to the staff notice board for all to view.

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Looking at the pictures on their website, the hotel looked absolutely amazing. However, the reality of the place is a bit different. Yes, the entrance and lobby are stunning, but the decoration in the rooms is a bit dated, and the furniture in our room was worn and old. The leisure centre really isn't much to speak of either--yes, they have a nice pool and a steam room and sauna, but there is NO hot tub, or workout equipment to use (as far as I could see) and the mural in the centre is chipping away and needs some major refurbishment--it just looks poor and tacky now. In the morning, we availed of the full breakfast, which was quite overpriced. For being a "full irish" is was missing some ingredients, such as baked beans, which are normally part of any traditional breakfast. The service was also lack luster--I had to actually go and get a waitress to let her know we wanted to place our order after sitting there with no attention for 10 minutes. Also, the price of the full Irish breakfast was WAY overpriced! The location of the hotel is fine--and you can easily walk into town, but it will take you 5-10 minutes to do so. I will say one positive for the hotel--I hardly heard any noise from the hallways at all--and it was very quiet. However, the beds are hard as rocks--so be prepared. Overall, I didn't think this hotel lived up to the 4 star rating, as I have stayed in more 3 star hotels that were way nicer, and less expensive. Don't be fooled by their pretty pictures and the atmosphere the website creates, as I am afraid you will find something very different when you check-in and reality sets-in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank greyhoundymom
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Greyhoundymom,

Thank you for reviewing the Dromhall Hotel. I am very disappointed and I apologise that you did not enjoy certain aspects of your visit.

With reference to the room décor and hard mattress it is unfortunate that you did not raise your issues when you were here and allowed us an opportunity to rectify the matter. We would have been happy to move you to another room.

We have a refurbishing programme which is on going. Our first and second floors have received a complete upgrade.

With reference to your breakfast, which we feel is the most important meal of the day. We regularly receive very positive comments in relation to our extensive breakfast menu and we still cook our breakfast to order and serve it to your table as opposed to the now common and often dreaded “breakfast buffet”. I apologise if you were kept waiting at breakfast this should not have happened and I will investigate this matter. Even if the restaurant was busy you should have not be ignored.

I will pass your comments on to the Leisure Centre Manager, we did used to have a mini gym but the facility was hardly ever used. It has been our experience that the swimming pool, steam, sauna rooms and Spa facilities are the most sought after activities by our guests.

Hopefully you will choose to return to us and allow us another opportunity to make your visit to Killarney more pleasurable. Please contact me personally if you choose to do so.

Kind Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our Anniversary weekend at Dromhall enormously. The welcome was genuine, the staff were really friendly unlike many 4 stars we have stayed at. This is because it is a family run establishment, and it really shows! Our room was lovely, with a mountain view as requested; our dinner was absolutely fine, and the bar food prices were most reasonable. Only a ten minute walk into the town centre too.

We would certainly recommend the Dromhall to any of our friends, and wish the hotel continuing and well deserved success!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeteDublin_Ireland
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you Pete for your nice comments.

We do try our best for our guests at all times. I am glad that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us.

As a family run business we take great pride in delivering a good service all year round.

Hopefully we will see you again soon

Bernadette
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in The Dromhall Hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful, very clean. The Dromhall Hotel is just outside town, which is perfect. The scenery is gorgeous. The hotel itself is very upbeat and comfortable, very uniquely designed. The swimming pool, which is next door, was great fun! We are without a doubt coming back here again. We will be recommending The Dromhall Hotel to everyone we know.

Room Tip: The first floor is beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Tomas C,

It gives us all a great sense of achievement when guests like your selves enjoy their visit so much that they choose to return. To say you would recommend the hotel to your friends and family is the best form of compliment we can receive and again I thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Dromhall Hotel in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved this hotel ,have stayed many times in Killarney would rate this hotel excellent.The breakfast was extensive and delicious .I must compliment all the staff we encountered they were courteous and gave us a real Irish welcome .I will recommend your hotel to my friends

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marie C,

Reviews like this are really appreciated by us all.

Again I thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back at Dromhall Hotel in the not too distant future.