“Fantastic Wedding Venue!!!!”
Review of Dromhall Hotel

Dromhall Hotel
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We chose this hotel for our wedding as I had been at weddings there before and I am delighted we decided to have our special day there. The hotel on the day was fab and the food was delicious. The staff there are extremely helpful and I cannot praise the Manager Mike enough. Any requests we had, he was more than willing to help so if you are looking for a wedding venue in Killarney, The Dromhall Hotel is everything you'd want and more!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ishee13
There are newer reviews for Dromhall Hotel

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We chose this hotel on it being a dog friendly hotel. Great to have the dog stay with us in the room. We were put on the 3rd floor which we thought may be an issue with the dog but she loved going up and down in the lift!
Rooms were big and spacious, as was the bathroom. one thing I missed was soap in the shower. there was a dispenser over the sink but none in the shower. plenty of shampoo which can be scarce in other hotels.
We ate in the bar one night, it was nice though the fries on the menu were not homemade as stated but it was still a lovely meal.
Location is great, very close to town which meant we could take the dog on a stroll around the town very easily.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Short and direct review:
1.The receptionists were amazing. Very helpful,energetic and genuine group of people. They made my girlfriend and me feel at home through giving recommendations on everything we needed from places to eat to where to go for a drink in the evening. Really can not say how great they were!

2.The wine and chocolates that I had pre-ordered to be in our room upon arrival were not there so the effect was lost when I had to call down to remind them to bring it up. To make amends for this the hotel added in an additional bottle of wine on the house but still it was the effect I was after not the actual wine so the damage was done.

3.Clean and comfy room, nice shower and a good sized bed. Everything was on a good standard.

4.The Breakfast staff was horrible!!! The lady that served us was incredibly rude and unprofessional. The milk on our table was sour. That and the lack of service just made the entire experience a poor one.

5.Nice location being only a 5 minute stroll into the town center made it easy to get around.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for three nights and had a great time. Location is excellent, 5 minutes stroll to killarney town centre and park nearby. Accommadation (room) was large and spacious. Bathroom excellent. Room service was excellent. Reception staff very helpful. Breakfast was very good and a great choice. We also found the library downstairs very private and relaxing. The pub and bistro were also nice and functional. Will be back and happy to recommend.

1  Thank paulstown
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with dromhall hotel even if it was on a special I was expecting a 4 star. The walls are so thin I could hear when the people next door turned on their light. Bathroom was dirty & dated. No hand soap in dispenser or bar of soap. I used my shower gel! Bath towels were torn & smelt of bleach. The side of the bath is wooden and old so it has expanded with dampness but has just been painted over & over. They have obviously got yellow paint cheap & they have used it every where - in the bedroom, bathroom & dining room. The bathroom has a yellow marble effect painted on the walls, the same in the restaurant on the pillars. Both wall effects must not be cleanable, they have splash marks & dirt across them. Bed was comfortable, tv in room was very small. Swimming pool is dimly lit (for a reason) filthy with missing grout. The walls have a mural of a beach scene from a ship, probably nice 20 years ago but dated & peeling now. Our swim wear stank of sewage after our swim & my little boy had an upset tummy after his swim. no one had swimming hats on. Food in bar & bistro are over priced, bland & the coffee tasted like an ash tray, so on our 2nd night we went up to muckross pk hotel to a traditional pub Molly darcys, there we had a beautiful meal & excellent service. We stayed New Year's Day for 2 nights, there were only 15 other rooms booked but for some reason they put all the guests on the same floor right next to each other! We had to turn the heating off in our room on arrival as it was uncomfortably hot & at 2am we had to open the window - no air con. Breakfast was average, my little boy was served a boiled egg in a chipped egg cup. Sausages in the full Irish breakfast were more like hot dogs. We had been to killarney twice before & stayed in 4* and 5* hotels so I booked Dromhall expecting the same standard as the previous 4*... I even checked the reviews on this website. I will never stay or recommend Dromhall. I'd like to know where they bought they're fourth star.

• Stayed: January 2013
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Name it Dublin

I was absolutely astonished and shocked when reading your review. It appears not one aspect of your stay with us, did you enjoy. It is unfortunate that you did not raise your issues when you were here and allowed us an opportunity to investigate and rectify the matters for you.

As a family run business we take great pride in delivering a good service to our guests and thankfully we do achieve this as other reviews demonstrate. On this occasion it is unfortunate we did not meet your expectations.

I can assure you that your comments are taken seriously, I do thank you for being honest and I apologize sincerely for your disappointment. I will investigate some of your comments with the relevant departmental heads.

For a point of reference it is The Failte Ireland Board, who is a professional body, awards the star rating for hotels in Ireland. We receive an annual inspection from Failte Ireland to ensure we met with the industry standard for a 4star rating. I am sorry your visit left you feeling we did not meet that standard.

Again I thank you for taking time to review the Dromhall Hotel and if some time in the future you choose to give us another opportunity to show you we care please contact me personally.

Kind Regards,

Bernadette Randles

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very good hotel especially as it allows dogs. Would go there again. Nice location. The service during breakfast could be improved. The only thing was the fact that we had a room near the lift, which was at times noisy, but as we stayed during the week , the use of it stopped around midnight, so it was bearable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 28worldtraveller36
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed one night here wilst traveling on vacation with our adult children. Hotel was very clean, modern, updated. We actually had a room with two bathrooms, one of them completely barrier free and handicap accessable - not necessary for our family, but potentially a must for some travelers.

The weather was rainy so we drove to the downtown area, not too far and very fun. After dinner we were back to the hotel to enjoy the pool and steam room. The pool area was available to hotel guests, but in a seperate building across the parking lot. A bit of a nuisance walking outside. There was also a sauna available, but it was out of service during our stay.

After a dip in the pool we tried the pub in the lower level of the hotel. It was very clean and roomy. There was a soccer match on TV and when one of the patrons requested the bartender turn down the background music playing in the pub and turn up the TV volume, he did. And we all enjoyed listening and watching the match.

We had breakfast at the hotel. Nice variety of food, good tasting. Hot and cold options and very friedly wait staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family