“Tastiest tomato soup I've ever had”
Review of La Rambla

La Rambla
Ranked #26 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Tastiest tomato soup I've ever had”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited this little Tapas restaurant for a late Saturday afternoon lunch in the centre of Killarney tucked off the main street in the quiet cut through towards main parking area. What a fantastic meal. A selection a tapas priced approx. €5 a piece which included their tomato & basil soup tapas selection.

It's worth going just try this dish. Unbelievable tastiest tomato soup I've ever heard and served with garlic ciabatta. Have no idea what else is in this dish but my god..... Compliments to the chef and the very friendly lone female of staff that served us that day.

A nice peaceful restaurant with a lively ambience and good service. Totally worth a try and made a change from my usual killarney seafood chowder.

Give it a go. Enjoy

Regards
Danny783

Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Meal”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had a lovely fmily meal here on Saturday night. Service was good. Food was lovely and good value. We will certainly be back.

Visited September 2013
Wexford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, rude waitress”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Food was best I have eaten for quiet a while. We went twice on a recent trip to Killarney. The first was mid week and not so busy so service was good. We then went again on the friday night and unfortunately service was slow which I can put up with as it was very busy. In fairness there was only 2 waitresses for a very busy resturaunt where there should have been at least 3. One of the waitress was extremely friendly, however the other was extremely rude to us and other tables also. This was a real pity as we were so excited to go back as food was excellent. Maybe management should look at staffing levels and the conduct of staff a bit closer

1 Thank Sean D
London, United Kingdom
“Good Family Supper venue”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a really nice tapas supper that was very tasty and enjoyed by all nine in our party, including our parents who had not tasted some of the dishes ever before. It was as good a tapas food experience as any of us had experienced elsewhere and the service was also spot in. A nice and lighter alternative to traditional food with great flavour. We also enjoyed a tasty jug of sangria to wash it down. Lively but not too noisy atmosphere was very pleasant.
Many thanks. Aoife

Killarney, Kerry, Ireland
“One of the best in Killarney”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The other reviews are very confusing. I have eaten in La Rambla three or four times for both lunch and dinner and I have loved it every time. The decor is quirky and authentic. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The whole atmosphere creates a real sense of spain. The menu is really great and the food is always gorgeous. I haven't tried one tapas that I haven't liked there yet. I will definitely be returning. It's the best place to bring a group of friends without having to burn a hole in your pocket as well. Tapas are so fun to share, especially when they taste this good! :)

Martins M, Manager at La Rambla, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Many many thanks for kind words.I know it's impossible to please all the people all the time we have set out to give good value for quality food in a different style that hopefully people find unique some people get this and some don't .I thank all our customers for their kind reviews and for those unhappy all I can say is hopefully if there is another visit it will be more pleasurable