“Food was as good as in Barcelona”
Review of La Rambla

La Rambla
Ranked #30 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Eat here on a wet Sunday evening in June. We booked a table for 8pm but as it was a Sunday evening the restaurant was winding down with a live band just finishing its act which was a shame.

The ambience was very nice, candles, lots of pictures etc.

The food was excellent. Massive portions and very tasty. We had just been to Barcelona and we all agreed the food here was as good (perhaps even better?) than we experienced there so that is some recommendation.

Hard to judge the service issues that have been mentioned in some earlier reviews as we were the only customers at the end of the evening. All I can say is that our waitress was very pleasant and efficient. Perhaps they were a bit keen to hurry us up but it wasn’t really too much of an issue.

We would definitely eat here again and would look forward to it. Recommended.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Located in a side road this restaurant offers a lot of tapas and main courses to choose. You get meat, fish, pizza, pasta and salad. We had chicken and beef and both tasted excellent. The portions were decent and the waitress was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you are looking for a touch of Spain in downtown Killarney... then look no further. La Rambla has it all - great food, service and atmosphere. The quality and presentation of each dish is hard to beat and on a balmy summer evening in County Kerry we could very well have been sitting by the shores of the Med. It was that good we went back the following night as well.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am a local to this area and have dined in this restaurant on numerous occasions. I must say the first few times everything was a pleasure...food, service and atmosphere! however this all went dowhill about two weeks ago when two friends and I made a reservation for Friday night - weather was brilliant and town was very busy. We arrived and received a very pleasant welcome as the staff were very familiar with us. We ordered from the menu and some dishes were brought out, by the time my friends had finished their dishes my food had not yet arrived. After twenty minutes, I went to the staff station and asked how long more my food would be the blonde waitress apologised and said it would be brought out asap. The food was brought out and when we were leaving we didnt leave a tip. I returned there on Friday night just gone (as I love the food), we walked through the door and the blonde waitress had no friendly greeting and snapped- how could she help us, we asked for a table and she said there were none indoors only outdoors. We sat outside and waited forty minutes to order food. Food was delicious as per usual but the blonde waitress was so ignorant, it has completely turned me off the restaurant. I have read the other reviews below and I am not shocked that so many people have complained her. Saying this the food is absolutely amazing and excellent value, if the management was to get an attitude makeover the restaurant would be a huge success.

6  Thank shell d
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family had a meal here on Fathers Day here...I absolutely adore this place, the food and the service. All the staff was lovely even he "blond manager" everyone is talking about on their tripadvisor reviews:) She was the one to take the order and i must say i was a bit stressed because i do read the tripadvisor reviews before entering the restaurants. The service was excellent, the pork belly, prawns and calamari tapas were gorgeous but steak and wild game dish for mains were so nice, that my mouth is still watering when I talk about it. Our 2.5 years old daughter was dining with us and again bought waiting staff did check us if she is fine also gave her a sweet when we were leaving. Love this place... Can't wait to return back!