“Excellent Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Alderhaven Country Home
Ranked #13 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Norrie & Pat were fantastic hosts! We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and were a little hesitant but after our experience we would definitely recommend it to anyone. They were extremely helpful and told us great places to eat & visit during our brief stay in Killarney. The rooms were very cozy and the breakfast was delicious. I would very much recommend staying here to anyone visiting the Killarney area.

Room Tip: Ask for their suggestion on a walk around Muckross house, it brings you through a beautiful area of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 3, 2012

While travelling Ireland, my wife and I met many wonderfully nice people, but no one more friendly or nicer than Norrie and Pat O'Neil at the Alderhaven Country Home in Killarney. There place was clean, pretty, and as I said friendly. Norrie went out of her way to make sure everything for my wife and I was first class. Couldn't recommend more highly.

Room Tip: One home......EVERYTHING was first rate and first class.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George P
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Norrie and her husband are wonderful hosts. Their house is well-kept and lovely. Breakfast was delicious and Norrie and her husband were always available to offer suggestions on places to visit or with directions. We felt at home and highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived in the evening to Alderhaven Country Home, Chilled from the rain, Norrie immediately served us tea and sweet treats. She recommended several restaurants and after freshing up in our beautiful room off to town we drove. Even though it poured we enjoyed visiting the downtown center and enjoyed a delicious dinner. After we were in bed we heard loud noises outside - what a surprise to see fireworks. What a treat. Lloyd, Veronika and Kristie Joy Feltner, St Augustine, FL.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

When our family of 6 adults arrived at Alderhaven Country Home we were a bit weary and frazzled from our drive along the Irish coast. Norrie took us under her wing and with the proper amount of care got us settled in her comfortable B&B. She insisted the Ben and I trade rooms almost immediately to give us a bit more space (we stayed in Room 1). She made us a reservation at Paddy's and gave us a map and directions so we could have an early dinner and come back to rest.

She had encouraged us to visit a local pub called Murphy's for the music since my husband Ben is a professional musician, but we were all tired and came straight back to Alderhaven.

The rooms and baths were very comfortable and en suite. Our bath was typical of Irish B&Bs, with a sink, toilet, and small shower. We had a double bed and a twin bed in our room, plus a small table and two chairs, TV, and wooden closet. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were exceptionally clean.

Alderhaven sits on 5 beautiful acres outside Kilkenny. There are rabbits in the gardens, and a quiet that soaks into you and encourages you to rest. Norrie could write the book on being an innkeeper, with amazing food, a comfortable home she shares with guests, and plenty of advice caretaking of her guests.

We were scheduled for a bus tour on the Ring of Kerry the next morning, and Norrie arranged for the tour company (O'Connors) to come by Alderhaven and pick all six of us up and take us to the bus. Added points to her for going "above and beyond" to take care of her guests.

There was free WiFi in the B&B, but our room got a very weak signal. I could sit on the stairs or go downstairs to the very comfortable sitting room and work on my computer. Josh and Barbara in room 5 had exceptional WiFi signal, so if that is important to you, that would be your room choice. Beth and Mary in room 4 also had good service on their computers.

After the Ring of Kerry tour we took Norrie's advice and visited Murphy's pub, and that was one of our most memorable experiences in Ireland. Great food and amazing music. Fun patrons who seemed to be mostly locals or Irish tourists, with a few foreigners like us in the mix.

I would be negligent if I didn't mention the great food and homemade breads that Norrie made. I think her soda bread was the best I tasted in Ireland!

I would recommend AlderHaven Country Home to anyone traveling to Killarney. You're a short drive to town and all the amenities there, but in your own personal Irish "Haven" to enjoy!

Room Tip: If in-room internet service is important, stay in rooms 4 or 5.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had a great time at Alderhaven Country Home with Norrie and Patrick and Buddy. Norrie's recommendations for dinner and sightseeing were excellent and the atmosphere of the B&B was exquisite. Breakfast was outstanding and the tea was plentiful. We had a wonderful stay at Alderhaven and will recommend it to everyone.

Tim & Tracy

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Alderhaven was definitely my favorite B&B on our Ireland trip. The moment we arrived, we were greeted warmly by Norrie and made a hot cup of tea outside in their garden. Some things I remember fondly of our stay at Alderhaven:

- convenient location that's about 5 minutes by car to downtown Killarney and the national park
- Norrie's breakfasts were delicious
- wifi
- eager and patient in providing suggestions of places to see and do
- Norrie went out of her way to make phone calls late at night and early morning to help book a trip to Skellig Michael for us
- warm, inviting and easygoing environment
- great water pressure in the shower (rare enough on our Ireland trip that I had to mention it)

I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple