“Nice ambiance, services a little lacking”
Review of Orchid Day Spa

Orchid Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Orchid Day Spa is an oasis of relaxation and rejuvenation in the heart of Killarney. Authentic Asian treatments like Reflexology, Thai Traditional Massage and the Marma Point Head & Face Massage give great results for a wide range of ailments. We use Eminence Organic Skin Care products for all of our facials which are prescriptive and results driven. Facials like the Orchid Fire & Ice Facial or the Orchid Yam & Pumpkin Pro-Enzyme Peel produce great immediate and lasting results, particularly on aged or sun damaged skin. Every visit to Orchid Day Spa begins with a consultation with your therapist who will advise the best treatment for you on the day. Visitors and tourists to beautiful Killarney are very welcome.
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I found the Orchid Day Spa while wandering around Killarney during a recent visit to the city. A treatment sounded like a great way to relax after 2 days of travel and jet lag. The staff was very accommodating and found two appointments for later in the day for myself and my daughter.

The spa is lovely, very relaxing and quiet. The waiting room is a nice touch with tea, water and fruit and I can't fault any of the staff for their efforts. They try very hard to make the experience relaxing and pleasant.

I get frequent massages and facials so I realize I have high expectations. I booked a reflexology treatment and scalp massage, my daughter had a Swedish massage. My daughter reported that her massage was good and she was satisfied. On the other hand, my reflexology was lacking. I had to continually remind my practitioner that she was being too soft. It felt like the standard foot rub, not reflexology at all. The scalp massage wasn't much better--ok but nothing special.

Services aren't cheap so I expected much better quality.

1  Thank AnBrPe
in 10 reviews
"kerry"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I was stressed, sore and tense, I seen an advert n a local paper for Orchard Day spa so I rang to book a one hour Massage. Molan my therapist greeted me, and gave me a locker, I was able to freshen up, put on a robe and slippers and relax with a herbal tea in the relaxation suite. My Massage was fabulous I really enjoyed the Thai style and was sound asleep and dreaming by the end. I was able to relax again after and Molan served me a lovely herbal tea and fresh slices of fruit. I love the decor, the layout, candles, the natural lighting and essential oils burning. Comes highly recommended and the way a Spa treatment should be- lovely and relaxing and great value for money thanks Molan and Orchard spa to help me chill out and de-stress I felt like I was back n Thailand for a while :)

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I must start by saying how relaxed i was after visit this spa.. I went there for a facial and a body buff to treat myself before my wedding day.. From the moment i walked into the spa i was made to feel very special by all the staff.. greeted by a friendly smile made me feel relaxed before they started any treament. The service they provided was excellent and i could feel the organic creams used on my skin working almost immediately. Very proffesional spa and will definately be returning again and again...

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I don't write reviews often but after my experience here I felt I needed to let others know how good this place is.
I went for the yam & Pumpkin peel, and my face feels so fresh and skin so soft! This place opened only a few months ago and was recommended to me by a friend. It's located on the second floor on old market lane which is right in the centre of Killarney. Other spas are outside the town in the larger hotels so it's ideal for those who like to be close to the shopping and want a spa experience.

It like stepping into another world once you go through the doors. I was greeted my Moolan the owner who greeted me with a warm smile. She will let you know what products suit your skin type. She really knows what is best and makes you feel special. It's Thai owned and all the staff are thai so its like being in another country. I actually forgot about the rain outside and that I was in rural Ireland, well just for an hour!

I'll be telling everyone I know to try Orchid Day Spa and have already booked another treatment.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I am not a regular visitor to spas - but the experience I had in The Orchid Day Spa in Killarney recently will change all that. My past experience was usually in a spa attached to a hotel and I was not impressed. This one is a dedicated day spa and is run by Thai professionals. I had a Fire and Ice facial and it was amazing. I felt like a new born baby - I had a glow that lasted a long time after. The interiors and the service are five star and it is a place I long to return to. In these austere times we have to treat ourselves every once in a while - and this does the job without breaking the bank. I can't recommend the day spa enough. Just go!