“Brilliant experience and really worth it.”
Review of KerryClimbing

KerryClimbing
More attraction details
Owner description: Kerry Climbing is a family run and is the premier and leading Mountain guiding company of the region and a high quality provider of courses in Rock-Climbing, Mountaineering, Navigation + Proficiency, Winter Mountaineering and Skills and much much more. We specialise and are the leading providers of guided ascents of the MacGillycuddys Reeks mountains in Kerry and of Ireland's highest mountain Corran Tuathail (Carrauntoohil) which stands at 1039 metres.We also guide all the other mountainous areas of southern Ireland. From leisurely nature walks in ancient oak forests to challenging roped climbs and ascents. From the Easy to the Extreme!!! Walking, Scrambling, Rock Climbing, Mountaineering and courses. We provide full and half day guiding options for individuals or groups and cater for ALL levels of fitness and experience. We also provide team building and training days for future adventures and peaks. Our aim is to keep the day flexible to suit your level of fitness, ability and experience. You can be assured of an adventure for everyone!!! "Experience the Adventure"
“Brilliant experience and really worth it.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I did a full day's one on one climbing in the spectacular Gap of Dungloe in Kerry. As it turned out, an extra instructor tagged along so I actually got two on one tuition.
The instruction I received was absolutely brilliant. I hadn't done a whole amount of climbing before so I learned the basics and as the day went on I got to learn more about climbing etiquette, technique etc.
I couldn't recommend this activity highly enough. Even a brief spell of midges couldn't spoil the experience. If possible, try and do the one on one tuition as you get to learn so much more. It's definitely worth it. I came away with a new found respect for rock climbing. The guys were incredibly helpful when recommending how a novice like myself might get involved in rock climbing. They also told me how to go about getting gear and what locations would be good for starters.
All in all it was a great day out and I'll look to involved in rock climbing in the future.

County Offaly, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Treasured Memory”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We summited Irelands highest point Carrantouhill on Sat 8th Sept with the most glorious of weather and Piaras as our guide. From the very beginning of making contact with Piaras by email he was friendly, encouraging and informative which motivated me to book a climb. Myself and Dermot(my hubby) had a fantastic day. It is fair to say that having Piaras as our guide contributed to our day. Piaras was friendly, encouraging, interesting and engaging and he got what it meant to me in doing the climb!!! I will definitely return to Kerry Climbing for more climbs and I would highly reccommend them in doing any guided walks, climbs or rock climbs in their area. Thank you Piaras from Michelle and Dermot McLoughlin

Visited September 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Terrible weather - Great climb”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife, Mary, and I travelled to Ireland from Ohio to climb Carrauntoohil (Ireland's highest). Weather for the four days we spent in Killarney was rain and more rain and clouds on top of the mountain. But we were determined to make the climb. Our guide, Piaras Kelly saved the day - and made it an enjoyable, memorable and challenging experience. Not only his climbing expertise, but his knowledge of Irish history and the flora and fauna was extensive and readily shared. Mary and I are experienced hikers, but with the weather as it was, we would not have been able to make this climb without Piaras. We highly recommend . . .

Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great climbing family activity !”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We recently had a family climbing session with Piaras from kerryclimbing.ie in the Gap of Dunloe. We were one adult and 2 kids, aged 13 & 9. From start to finish we had a brilliant time. Piaras was a brilliant instructor, with a great sense of humour, endless patience, and gave great encouragement which helped us to really achieve a lot more than we thought we could. He also took time to explain lots of different elements of climbing and the equipment we were using, with great emphasis on the safety aspects. I would highly recommend kerryclimbimg.ie and we will definitely be back. Thanks Piaras, from the O'Connor family, for a brilliant experience

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Irishderek
Ennis, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Kerry Climbing.IE Rocks!!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I first met Piaras Kelly in March 2011 and we agreed he would guide me up the famous Howling Ridge on the north east face on Irelands highest mountain.From the moment we started the climb Piaras was professional,experienced and patient with a great sense of humour and an adventurist spirit.He made the whole day an experience I will never forget. I then arranged a group of friends to climb with him in Dun Sheen sea cliffs in Dingle and again in the Gap of Dunlo where we had another wonderful day with expert tuition and learned so much from Piaras over the course of the day.I would recommend this company very highly and can honestly say that I will be organising more adventures with this fantastic man and his company. Myself and my friends and at the moment arranging to climb Carrot Ridge in Connemara with him in Sept. Like I said in the title....KerryClimbing rocks so go on Experience the Adventure.

Visited June 2012