“What a blast!”

Eclipse Ireland Adventure and Equestrian Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Eclipse Ireland Adventure and Equestrian Centre is one of Ireland's premier adventure centres! It truly has something to offer everyone. Activities offered include horse riding (including treks, lessons, vaulting, pony camps, and customized equestrian holidays), archery, assault course, cycling, team building activities, orienteering, mud surfing, hillwalking, fishing (on both our private stocked lake and the Blackwater River which borders Eclipse), adventure and pony camps, children's play area, and more! Eclipse is the perfect place to celebrate birthdays, for hen and stag parties, corporate functions, holiday getaways, somewhere to send your children away to camp, or just somewhere to come out for a day and enjoy the scenery and activities.Facilities include 5 amazing holiday homes, all weather riding arena, conference room, mini spa(including jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna), 90 acres of amazing views in the MacGillycuddy Reeks, a huge Military tent for more adventurous groups, our Boot Camp Assault course, private lake and private trails.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

It's is a 5 star destination for families or companies looking for a retreat to team build. The activities are customized to the goals of each group, making each event a unique adventure. Playing hard, pushing comfort zones and thoroughly enjoying victory is the focus. The Eclipse Centre has a wonderful team that coordinates the fun and is there to cheer you on or push you one more inch. The holiday houses are stylish and comfortable. The stable manager and the horses are a dream to work with and both can accommodate all levels of experience. If all that isn't enough.... The setting is absolutely priceless and will make even the toughest challenge a joy to complete. Beautiful. Thumbs up!

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"horses"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My daughter came to Pony Camp in July for a week, she had such a fantastic time she came again in August!

The Eclipse is such a unique experience, she rode in the mornings and after lunch took part in two different outdoor adventure activities each day. She had so much fun, made new friends and took away wonderful memories she will always treasure.

She is hooked on the centre and on horses now! She has begun 'The Natural Horsemanship' Course, comes once a week, every week without fail! and is learning to Vault also.

She hasn't stopped talking about the Eclipse, now all her friends are coming!!

1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I took my family to Eclipse this summer in June. I booked a whole day with several activities. We started very early with hunting. This was something tailored especially for male members of the family. It was a great fun. We did not shoot anything not because there was nothing to shoot at but because it was our first time and we basically sucked. Still though it was a great fun and big adventure. Next we went on horse riding with female members of the family. It was too an enjoyable time. Great area for horse trekking with astonishing views. Thirdly we decided to do some archery. Again this was the first time for all of us so it was a lot of fun but still great experience. Next we took our chances on mud surfing which too turned out to be enormously enjoyable time. If you have never done it before than you definitely must try it as this is something you will never forget. In the end we all ended up covered in mud from heads to toes but luckily there was great spa and sauna prepared for us already.
All the attractions were well prepared and thought off. The stuff was very helpful, easygoing and we could tell straight away that they had put a lot of effort to make this day unforgettable experience for us. We are definitely planning to come back to Eclipse in the near future to have some more fun trying some other activities they have to offer and doing mud surfing and horse riding again for sure.
It is really hard to describe all this experience just in a couple of sentences. You really need to go and experience it your self and you can believe me you will not regret it. We very often come back to this day in our day to day activities and talk about all the fun we had and we plan our next visit.

1  Thank LucasN1982
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I would like to thank all the staff at the ' Eclipse Centre', Killarney for the fantastic day my class and the teachers alike ,enjoyed on their recent school trip. We all had such a brilliant day, unique and joyful in our experience, and now the children hold fond, fun memories of their last school trip as they now move on to Secondary School.
The centre excelled in all aspects and I have no hesitation in recommending the centre to my colleagues..
I look forward to bringing my future class next Summer,
Every success ,
Aoife Healy, Rockboro Primary School, Cork, Ireland

See more reviews
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

My daughter has stayed twice at the residential camp and I can only go from her experience. All I can say is there were huge tears leaving! From the time she got there to the time she left they had an absolutely fantastic time. They were looked after so well i really couldnt fault them, katie wanted to be adopted by her house mother! During the day they are kept entertained with a range of different activities and at night they settle down for movie nights with chocolate foundations, bbqs or nail art nights. I really can't recommend eclipse highly enough!