1,482 results
All reviews lovely hotel bar food open fire town centre reception area muckross road enjoyed our stay min walk ring of kerry room was spotless muckross house full irish would highly recommend this hotel national park second to none the pub inec
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pleasant staff and reasonable rooms for the price. Within a 7 Euro taxi ride to Main Street full of pubs and restaurants. Food is good although. as usual in many hotels, the dining room lacks any atmosphere.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is good value for money when compared with other Killarney hotels, that's why I gave it 5 star. It's very clean, the food reasonably priced ( bar food is available as well as the restuarant) compared to Killarney's higher than normal restaurants priced food, view of the river 'our room', good sized room and comfortable bed and even they have sky sport which I really enjoyed in their bar designed to be a traditional bar decor than usual hotel bar. A lovely touch by them leaving a happy anniversary card and two chocolate in the room . You can walk to Killarney town easily with its good atmosphere and nice bars ...... So all in all it is a very good hotel and deserve our full recommendation.

Room tip: It is a nice hotel, great location from the nice Killarney town, a comfortable room and a good bar .... Go for it👍
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Excellent service, courteous, friendly staff. Good dining, comfortable, clean and spacious bedrooms. Very central location, around 10 minutes from the centre of Killarney. The barman helped me out by loaning me a phone charger for the night as I had forgotten mine. This was my first time staying at the Riverside Hotel and I will certainly be returning.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing West or North away from the main road.
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable! The staff are very friendly. Had a mix up on our reservation due to our travel agent but the manager was very accommodating and took care of us. This hotel is centrally located on the Ring of Kerry and an easy walk to downtown bars and restaurants!! Shout out to Dora who recommended Killeen House hotel for dinner. Quaint bed and breakfast just outside of Killarney with great food. Run by Mom and daughter. The views were stunning.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Arriving after 5 hours journey to get to Killarney, the lady on the reception desk literally throw the key of the room with us got us to sign a form and continued to speak to someone on the phone. not a pleasant welcome from her to be honest. Next morning at breakfast 10 minutes after we received our food i asked a girl when she got a minute would it be possible to get the toast we ordered as we were nearly finished our fry, her reply was no i am to busy. I was really mad at her but didn't want to make a scene. Later on that evening the same lady that checked us in, i was asking her a question in relation to our stay and mid conversation she answered the telephone and stayed on the phone for about 5minutes, after this she then checked someone, then came back to me and never even apologised to me. I just felt they had no mannerism about them for such a pleasant hotel!! this really put me off this hotel even though it was just 2 people who were rude. everything else was 100% hotel, rooms, food and the rest of the staff.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple