“Excellent all round ”

Killarney Oaks Hotel
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during race week. It's a lovely hotel, very clean and rooms are gorgeous. Has everything you want including a nice bar and restuarant. All in all a lovely experience and would recommend highly to anyone looking for great accommodation at a very reasonable price

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank HughC86
RichHalpin, General Manager at Killarney Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2014

Dear HughC86

Thank you for reviewing The Killarney Oaks Hotel after your stay with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the whole experience of our hotel. It's the perfect location to base yourself for race week as we are away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre and yet just a minutes drive from the heart of the excitement. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Killarney.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed in The Killarney Oaks with my family recently and we found it to be very family friendly. The rooms were large, clean and well equipped. We requested a DVD player as we have a young son which came free of charge. The kids menus were reasonable and entertaining for children and Aine in the bar was so helpful. Even though the bar was so busy the staff had time for everyone. The hotel is conviniently located near the National Park with ample free parking. I will be returning to Killarney in October and I look forward to staying in this beautiful hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
RichHalpin, General Manager at Killarney Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Sinead O

Thank you for choosing The Killarney Oaks Hotel for your recent visit to Killarney. We are delighted that you were impressed with our décor throughout the hotel as we are constantly striving to give each guest a home away from home when they stay with us.
From the special kids menus to dvd player available from reception we try to keep your little one's happy and make sure they enjoy their stay as much as mom and dad. We would be delighted to welcome you back on your next visit to Killarney.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

A really nice hotel on the edge of Killarney. Due to it's location, I'd recommend you have a car to access Killarney, as it is a long walk from the hotel. However, it is very near to Muckross House and the Lakes. The rooms are large and of a high standard. The only negative I had in this hotel was when the room was cleaned. The duvet was made over creased sheets, so when it was removed, the sheets were exactly as we had left them the night before. Felt slightly cheated by this.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bigbrian2u

Dear bigbrian2u

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at The Killarney Oaks Hotel. We are truly blessed to be located so close to Killarney's National Park and yet be equally close to the town centre. We are delighted that you found our rooms and décor to be of a high standard. I am disappointed that you found your sheets in such a manner so if you could please contact me directly on info@killarneyoaks.com with your room number and date of stay, I would like to investigate this matter further to ensure this little glitch doesn't happen again.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I was a guest at a wedding here recently with two of my friends. Unfortunately we couldn't stay at the hotel as it was booked up so I can't comment on the rooms.

The service for the wedding was without fault from a guest's perspective.
There was a wonderful lobby/foyer welcome and display for the bride and groom and the guests while waiting for them to arrive including chocolate fountain and a wide range of drinks.

The banquet hall was absolutely beautiful and the tables well set.
The cake took centre stage in the room and was surrounded by lights and candles.

The staff were without exception professional, friendly and appeared to work very well as a team.

While we were having drinks in the bar there was another family in sampling menus for a wedding so it seems to be popular. From what I saw they were very well treated and staff couldn't be more helpful.

Overall a very enjoyable day and night.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Redsionnach

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent wedding experience at The Killarney Oaks Hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to stay with us on this occasion but hopefully may get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

We strive to ensure that each wedding couple and their nearest and dearest enjoy their wedding experience here from the first sip of bubbly. We have a wide variety of options on offer so that we can tailor make a package that will suit each and every couple. We take care of every detail from personalised menus and table plans to aiding the happy couple in choosing the entertainment.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

hotel is fabulous, staff are very friendly, rooms are very modern and the beds are very comfortable, I slept like a baby! I thoroughly enjoyed the food, I had the fajitas for main course and Belgium waffles for desert, it's located in an ideal position 5 minutes from both the national park and Killarney, there was a great atmosphere inside the hotel and i would love stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Luke H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Killarney Oaks Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our modern décor and friendly atmosphere. As a family run hotel on the verge of Killarney's majestic National Park we strive to give each guest the best of food, service and of course welcomes. Our ever popular bar food is renowned locally and I am glad that you enjoyed the Fajitas and Waffles as these are two very popular dishes.
We would be happy to welcome you back to The Killarney Oaks on your next visit to Killarney.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here on my sisters recommendation for food. There was a lunch menu for €10 a meal so I ordered from that half expecting to leave hungry. Herself had a salad with chicken and black pudding and was lovely (wouldn't be a salad type myself) and I had the nicest roast beef I've had in a long time. Chasser sauce was a nice change from regular gravy and it was a fine sized portion. Flora was the girl serving us and she was lovely (a rebel like ourselves). Well done to all. We'll be back for grub again soon

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Seant78

Thank you for your recent review of The Killarney Oaks Hotel. I am delighted that your sister enjoyed her time here so much that she recommended us to you, and I'm equally delighted that you enjoyed your own experience with us. Our daily Quick Lunch menu which is served Monday to Friday from 12.30pm to 2.30pm proves quite popular with locals and guests alike. We give guests a choice of 10 lunch options including tea or coffee for only €10.00 and we also have a dessert special available for only €2.50 which is great value. We also have a full bar food menu available from 12.30pm to 9.00pm daily which ensures that there is a wide variety to choose from. We hope that you will return on your next visit to Killarney and sample some of our other dishes.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here in July, what brilliant value for money. The rooms where large, modern and spotlessly clean. We had the best breakfast of our vacations. their receptionist, Dierdre, was so helpfull. i will definitely stay here again just to try some more of the beautiful bar menu.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John M
RichHalpin, General Manager at Killarney Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear John M

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at The Killarney Oaks Hotel. We were delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with special emphasis on the breakfast. I'm glad that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast choices and that Deirdre was able to advise you on the local attractions and must see's during your visit. We would be delighted to welcome you back to The Killarney Oaks to sample our delicious fayre on your return visit to Killarney in the future.