“Luxurious B&B with great hospitality”
Review of Ross Castle Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Ross Castle Lodge
Ranked #29 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Ross Castle Lodge and couldn't have been happier with the experience. The room was the most luxurious of all the b&bs we stayed in, including down comforters, Avoca mohair throws and a bathroom I can only describe as "enormous". The room was filled with lots of thoughtful touches too. Also the room was ground level which I love because I don't have to lug my suitcases up steep steps. The best part though was our hostess Rosaleen who greeted us with tea & scones and was so sweet and helpful throughout our visit. She saved us real time helping us plan our drive to Galway and was always around to answer questions and help us out. I was not honestly crazy about Killarney town, which I found kind of ticky-tacky but I loved loved loved this B&B!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie C

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I can't imagine any B&B being ranked any higher than this. It was immaculate and rooms were large and wonderful. The location is quiet and near the castle and downtown. The grounds are colorful with flowers and gardens. The best though was our hostess Rosalie. She was an absolute delight and very friendly. This was the best B&B on our trip. It was also nice to stay on the ground floor. We stayed here for three days and hope to return again. Should be rated even higher.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mark632
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Ross Castle Lodge in May of 2012 for 2 nights. It is a delightful house in beautiful grounds on the road to Ross Castle. After travelling around the UK and Ireland for 5 weeks and negotiating many steep flights of stairs it was really nice to be in single storey b and b! The bedroom we were given was massive, with both a king size bed and a single.
Over a delicious breakfast, Rosaleen, the owner gave us some excellent information on driving around The Dingle Peninsula, and due to her we found an amazing ruin of a castle which was well off the beaten track.
I would really recommend Ross Castle Lodge to anyone wanting to stay in Killarney but I would suggest staying longer as 2 nights was definitely not enough in this beautiful part of Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spasman
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a great place to stay, staying with my wife, 2-year old daughter and parents-in-law for 2 nights. Dennis and Rosalie were able to accommodate us at the last minute even though we had no reservations (having thought we did previously). We are grateful to them and the place itself was great, rooms are very clean and comfortable. Location is perfect with Ross Castle a short walk away. Breakfasts were quite hearty and we would come stay here again next time we are in Killarney.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed two nights, wished it had been longer. The B&B is a 15 minute walk from town on a lovely pathway directly out the front of the lodge through the National Park. Ross Castle a 5 minute walk down the road, with a great narrative tour. Being a gardener, having a large window out of our room onto Proprietors' Denis and Rosaleen's kitchen garden was a joy to wake up to, as were the sounds of horse drawn jaunting cars outside the Lodge, clopping along the road. Very relaxing, the room was the largest of any of our stays, and very tidy and clean. Breakfasts were very well done, served on time, and hot. While not a fan of bigger cities, I will go back to this B&B to finish touring the area and relax.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was a beautiful B & B located on a relatively quiet road and a 15 minute walk through the National Park to the townsite. The hosts are excellent. Rosaleen was gracious and welcoming and offered tips for enjoying some of the sites that are less well-travelled. The food was plentiful and delicious and we agree with other reviewers that Rosaleen was so good at knowing when to help us out with plans and how to assure that we felt "at home". The setting allowed for quiet, relaxed times while being accessible to the busier venues around Killarney.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went there for two nights with three friends and we have been absolutely warmly welcomed ! First of all, we arrived very late in the Friday evening, around 10pm and the landlord waited for us and offered tea, coffee and scones ! That was perfect after a long trip from Dublin !
The house in general is lovely and the bedrooms as well. They are big, sunny, very clean, with big bathrooms !
The breakfast is excellent as well with many choices....
Moreover, the house is well situated, close to the town and in a very quiet street !
I highly re command it if you go to Killarney !!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends