“The only game in town”

Bombay Palace
Ranked #114 of 183 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.kerrytourist.com/details/bombay_palace.shtml
Seattle, Washington
“The only game in town”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We needed a break from the usual pub fare. The service was fine, the portions large, but the one thing missing at this popular indian destination was spice. Maybe this is how the locals like it, but we found it to be a bit bland.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Cork, Ireland
“Not my favourite”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very slow to return to this restaurant as I had been scammed for my change here on a previous occasion. It was on St. Patrick's night and the cashier may have assumed I had had a few drinks-but I hadn't had. I immediately realized outside the door I had been short changed by €20 and went straight back in to the restaurant. I didn't even have to ask for the money-the cashier held it out to me as I came in. It put a bit of a damper on my husband's birthday meal.

Anyway, we did return to Bombay Palace as the food had been good there. The decor is a bit dark and dismal.The staff are aloof and distinctly unfriendly. The food is good and tasty but the atmosphere lacks a certain something.

• Visited July 2013
Bengaluru, India
“Lousy!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lousy restaurant. Ironically the only place where we almost felt racially targeted. The guys clearly did not want to serve the 5 of us. Complained bitterly that we had not ordered enough despite giving us "such a big table". We had a 5 seater for the 5 of us :-/ (Itna bada table diya hai ji, aur order karna padega nahi to chef manaa karenge - he told us in Hindi). Encouraged us to use the take out menu. We eventually walked out in sheer disgust and made a beeline for the Supermacs close by, which we knew had veggie options. Horrible place and our only bad experience in an otherwise wonderful trip to Ireland in May 2013!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jayashri R
Hudson, Ohio, United States
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Bombay was recommended to us by the owners of the larkinley Lodge. We arrived very late but they were more than willing to accommodate us. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was very pleasant.

Visited June 2013
Dublin
“okay”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

we ordered take away while in killarney and got the chicken tika masala the food was ok a bit sweet though and to be honest we got more sauce that chicken in the dish.

• Visited June 2013