“Mixed results from family, but I thought it was good”
Review of Bombay Palace

Bombay Palace
Ranked #74 of 193 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Personally, I would have rated the restaurant as Very Good, but I'm taking my family's perceptions into consideration. First off, the decor is tasteful and attractive, we were greeted fairly quickly and escorted to a table and the service, while not over-the-top friendly, was agreeable and accommodating. The sauces included with the Indian crips (forget what they are actually called) were excellent and my vegetarian curry was among the best I've ever had. My husband and son were less than impressed with the chicken tikka masala declaring it way too sweet. I have to admit, I tried a bit of the sauce and was greatly relieved it was not my meal. My husband thought the service was a bit slow, but I think he was just cranky after a long day in the car. I despise being rushed or having to wait forever and I think they struck a perfect balance. If you're looking for a good Indian restaurant in the Killarney area, I'd be perfectly comfortable recommending this one.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food was just OK. I eat curry everywhere I go as it is absolutely my favourite food. I eat mostly very hot dishes so I had Phal Chicken which was fine the other person in my party had Chicken Tikka Masala and it was pretty much inedible it was so sweet. It tasted like it had four tablespoons of sugar in it. We politely informed the staff but I guess because he could tell we were not locals he really seemed like he could care less. People make mistakes but at least act like you care.
We would not recommend this place.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I ate at this restaurant 3 times throughout the years as we visit killarney with our family and also my husband on our own. The food was also delicious and the service was excellent. If your ever in Killarney I would definitely recommend this restaurant

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a meal here on a trip to Killarney. The food was very good, the portions were more than adequate and tasted delicious. The staff were polite and efficient and I really didn't see anything objectionable about the decor. We were there at 6pm and a few tables were occupied, by the time we were leaving, almost 8pm, there was a queue at the door. I think that says it all. I would recommend this restaurant. If you're in Killarney, give it a go.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is one of the best Indian restaurants around. The staff are superb and have a great eye for detail. The menu is typical. I must say each dish is cooked with care and is simply beautiful. The toilets have recently undergone a complete make over and now are modern and fresh. I love Bombay!!