“Cannot fault the food but would love a smile and some chat from the waiters!”
Review of Bombay Palace

Bombay Palace
Ranked #74 of 193 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I visit Bombay Palace on a regular basis. I find the food to be consistently good....always tasty and served exactly as on the last visit...so you know what you're getting which is always nice. However I would sooner get it as a takeaway as I feel the staff aren't interested in interacting with the customer at all, and once you've been initially greeted and your order is taken that's about it! As a regular customer you'd think they might acknowledge your return or engage in some light conversation or small talk for the sake of good relations!! Maybe even a smile?! (-:

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

As the title says it is what it is. Clean and good food. The decor isn't going to blow you away and there are more atmospheric restaurants in Killarney but you won't come out of it hungry and the staff aren't obtrusive. 2 starters, 2 mains and a good bottle of wine 65 euro and they comped us 2 coffees to finish it off. They have to be doing something right - the place is always busy

Reviewed April 3, 2013

How anyone can say the food here is good is beyond me. I spent a lot of time in Birmingham (The Balti Belt) and London and do know what a good curry should be like.
I have tried this place several times and can say it is consistent - consistently bad that is.
The seekh kebabs are so rubbery (a sure sign that they have been microwaved) they should be donated to the National team for practise balls.
The curries are watery and bland and the chicken tikka or lamb in them is usualy chewy and very salty .
The only reason this restaurant is still going is because of the lack of competition - infact a jar of curry sauce from Aldi is more like the real thing than this.

3  Thank KerryFlix
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ate here with my partner while on a trip to Killarney and I'm writing this review as I have to say, I feel this was one of the best Indian meals I've had in a long time. We hadn't made a reservation but only had to wait about 10 minutes so we didn't mind. The poppadoms and sides to start were very tasty as was the onion bhaji. Both our main courses were cooked perfectly and quite delicious while the naan bread was perfect! The staff were friendly without being intrusive and the atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable. We would definitely recommend this place and would eat here again the next time we visit Killarney.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Unfriendly welcome and service - the restaurant lacked atmosphere which was a shame as the food was lovely. I would not go back there again based on the experience

1  Thank MagCork