“Royal Weekend in Killarney!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Royal Weekend in Killarney!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Having enjoyed a wonderful stay at Hayfield Manor in Cork could not miss out on staying at the sister hotel in Killarney...did not disappoint and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Received an upgrade on checking in to a bright sunny corner room at the front of the hotel...decor is superb, fixtures and fittings are really elegant. Bathroom was really good, nice size and with two basins and a shower over the tub. Very comfortable sleep on both nights, some noise from the road outside but nothing intrusive.
Food in the hotel is very good and we enjoyed an excellent afternoon tea with scones in the lounge on returning from our travels....the full Irish breakfast is really good!
Shops are nearby and there is a supermarket with deli almost next door should you need it...as explained on the hotel website there is no car park attached and it is a couple of blocks up the road, this does not detract from the stay as some other reviews have done.
As with the Hayfield Manor the key element at the Royal are the staff who are happy to look after their guests thus making it a very enjoyable stay in great surroundings.
Look forward to returning sometime soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ExpatKL88
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear ExpatKL88

Wow! Thank you for posting such an amazing review here on Tripadvisor. It was an absolute pleasure to read! I am so glad to hear that you were happy with your upgrade. Your kind words on your room was much appreciated!
I am so glad to hear that you got to experience the Royal Afternoon Tea in our Lobby Lounge. It is a nice treat to sit by the open fire and watch the world go by outside while you sit and relax in the comfortable couches and surroundings.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff. The team at the Killarney is one of our best assets, and I am happy that you were able to avail of their expertise while you visited!

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the near future.
Bryan Scally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Stevenson Ranch, California
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stayed there recently and found it very warm and cozy. The staff was friendly and accommodating even during communion ceremonies happening all day for the locals. It was a very rainy day and they suggested activities that would keep you inside and dry.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Live4Life8914
Dear Live4life8914

Thank you very much for your recent review of the Killarney Royal here on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to learn that you and your mother enjoyed your time here with us.

It was unfortunate that it was raining throughout your stay, however, I am happy to hear that our team was able to suggest alternative activities for you to do.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.

Lisburn
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I would give this hotel a 4.5 but can only choose a 4 or a 5. The reason - no car park and had to use the public car park. I think that secure parking is important in a 4 / 5 star hotel.

Rooms are massive and ours had a second queen sized bed an would have easily have slept 3 in great comfort. Our room didn't have a view - it looked out over the adjoining building - again a slight minus point. Room 211.

Service was top drawer and made very welcome both in the restaurant and at reception. We only stayed on night so can comment much more.

Yes I would recommend to anyone staying for a short or longer break and would have like to have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view?
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear titteringtonrobin,

Thank you very much for your recent review of the Killarney Royal here on Tripadvisor. Guest feedback is very important to us, so we can continually upgrade and improve our product.

Thank you very much for your kind words on the size of our bedrooms. We strive to ensure that guests are comfortable during their stay here, and I am happy to hear that our large bedrooms allowed you to feel relaxed. Unfortunately, as we are a town center hotel, we offer a great location, but because of this, some of our rooms may not have a view.
With regard the carparking, the carpark we do use is very reliable and safe.

Thank you also for your kind comments on our staff. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the service you received.
I hope to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was by far the very best hotel experience during my recent visit to Ireland. The entire staff went out of their way to accomodate every request, going so far as to run out to my car to get a forgotten jacket. The breakfast room staff were warm and friendly. Our bartender from the night before, actually stopped by our breakfast table as he was leaving to say good bye and wish us a pleasant trip. Concierge did a great job recommending local night spots to visit, even calling to confirm that there would be live music. She confirmed our Ring of Kerry tour and even had the shuttle pick us up at the hotel. The room was spacious and the bathroom was quality plus. Centrally located within easy walking distance to everything, parking right across the street, it is the perfect location for a visit to the Killarney area. I would recommend it to all who apprecate great service and fine accomodations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Ray B,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of the Killarney Royal here on TripAdvisor. It was an absolute pleasure to read from beginning to end.
I am so glad that you found our staff at the Killarney Royal accommodating. The team is one of our best assets at the Killarney Royal, and I am happy to hear that each member lived up to your expectations.
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our spacious rooms and central location. It is great that you had such a comfortable stay with us.

Thank you once again for posting this review, and moreover, choosing the Killarney Royal for your stay during your recent visit to Killarney. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the near future.

Bryan Scally.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband & I stayed in this hotel over Easter with friends while travelling around Ireland on holidays from Australia. We felt welcome and almost part of "the family" from the moment we checked in. We were upgraded to a suite because we had booked in for 5 days and the room was perfect. The restaurant was great for both breakfast and dinner. The hotel is in a perfect location, a walk to everything. The staff are amazing, especially Dayna on the front desk, Patrick & Wallace in the restaurant, Michael in the bar and John the night porter. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again, it was fabulous.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine, just stay here - it's great!
1 Thank Kim28032014
Dear Kim28032014

Wow!! Thank you so much for such a sparkling review here on TripAdvisor. I must say, it was an absolute pleasure to read from beginning to end.
Thank you for such wonderful comments on our hotel, I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team, especially Dayna, Michael, Wallace John and Patrick, whom will be delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here with us.
I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Ireland. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel is very well situated in Killarney and was a perfect jumping off point to the see the city. The hotel has an older feel to it (not at all in a bad way). The room we stayed in was huge and the bathroom was even bigger. Very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Robinson1220

Thank you very much for your recent review here on TripAdvisor. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Killarney Royal with other travelers here on TripAdvisor.
I greatly appreciated your kind comments on our "huge rooms" and location. Our hotel is decorated to an old world style. Our unique antique furniture and fittings links in with the history of our building.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Killarney Royal. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The location is very central, and you even get ''free parking'' - it is actually a public parking lot in the next street, which is anyway free in the evening but the hotel reimburses your fee if you stay longer. The staff gave us a very warm welcome and then we took the tiny elevator to the room. It was really huge and very comfortable, with a traditional decoration, bit old fashioned. Not much light in the room because there is a wall directly in front of both windows. The clientele of the hotel is rather senior. I enjoyed the free wifi and the luxurious bathroom. There is even a minigolf inside the room, that's how big the room was!

Dear so_voyage49

Thank you ever so much for your recent review of the Killarney Royal here on Trip-Advisor. We take guest feedback very serious here, as it allows for our continued improvement and development.

Thank you for your kind words on our "big rooms". The luxury of larger rooms allows our guests to relax in their surroundings. I am glad you got to practice your golfing skills with our in room golf putters!

I am delighted that you enjoyed the warm welcome and the free WiFi. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the future.