“Never lets us down”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just got back from our annual December stay in The Royal Hotel, once again as years before we had a fantastic experience. From the time you are greeted at reception to the time you check out, every member of staff makes you fell relaxed and welcome. We relaxed with coffee in the foyer, had a wonderful meal in the restaurant and breakfast was delicious. Once again, hats off to the staff at this wonderful little jewel and continued success in the future !!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Donnacha K.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I must say, it was a pleasure to read.
I would like to thank you for booking to stay with us again this Christmas. I am so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words on our hotel, food and our staff. I will ensure to pass on your comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal once again.

Best Regards
Bryan Scally

Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed in Killarney Royal in November 2013 during our 7 day Ireland trip. This hotel is a little gem in Killarney. RIght from the time we arrived till we left, we had a wonderful experience. The people at the reception were very helpful and helped us really well in planning our stay in Killarney.

The location of the hotel is perfect, very close to the bus station (very helpful for us as we were not driving around) and also to the little high street in Killarney. The National Park is also walking distance from the hotel. There is also a big shopping center next door with good deals and discounts..so do remember to visit it if you would like to pick up gifts.

The room was huge with a huge bathroom and elegantly furnished. They even kept nice chilled water in a jug for us every evening. The bed was very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep in the bed.

The breakfast was very well prepared and served in a very nicely decorated restaurant (can't recall the name of the restaurant). We had a 3 course dinner included for one night and it was really good. The ambience of the lobby and the bar was very nice.

The hotel receptionist also helped us in booking our tour of RIng of Kerry. She always had a smiling face and answered all our questions patiently.

We had an awesome stay in this hotel and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rinky23

Thank you for such kind words about your recent stay with us. We are centrally located, right in the heart of Killarney town. This is of great benefit to those who aren't driving, or for those who wish to park up the car and explore Killarney on foot! I am happy to hear you got to enjoy the wonderful National Park, located only a few minutes walk from our doorstep.

The Ring of Kerry is a wonderful day-trip, and I am glad to hear that you experienced this.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on our food restaurant and our staff. I will ensure to pass on your remarks to the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.

Kindest Regards
Bryan Scally

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed in the Killarney Royal in December 2013 for one night and it was an excellent experience. We arrived on a coastal trip from Galway on a Sunday evening to the Christmas traffic queues in Killarney. On arriving at the Killarney Royal was given a very friendly welcome at reception and was advised that, once we had settled in, we should come back down for some advice on Killarney. On returning to reception, were given excellent advice on walks around the town centre and the Killarney National Park, without this advice we would never have got see Ross Castle as the sun was setting - a perfect evening!

Dinner in the restaurant was exceptional, all the staff were friendly and helpful but a particular thanks to Sarah. We had some unusual dining request (including lots of black pudding) and she went out of her way to try and meet them....and succeeded. She is definitely a credit to the hotel: friendly, helpful and engaging!

The hotel and rooms were modern but with enormous amounts of charm and a delight to stay in. It is a shame we only had one night in Killarney

In short, Killarney is beautiful and an excellent place to see the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsular and the Killarney Royal is the perfect place to be based

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear IanF7

What an absolutely great review of the Killarney Royal. Thank you so much for going to the trouble of writing it and posting it up here on Trip Advisor - we really appreciate it

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise on all aspects of our hotel.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here at the Killarney Royal & Sarah will be delighted with your kind words. I am glad you got to experience what Kerry has on offer,it
is a truly beautiful place & we are blessed to be in the center of it all.

It was a pleasure to look after you and we hope we played our part in adding to a vast collection of happy Irish memories for you

I look forward to welcoming you back here to the Killarney Royal once again.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was our second visit to the Killarney royal , the service , rooms and atmosphere leaves guests planning their next visit.
We had rooms 106 and 107. Wow !!!. Enormous two level, 5 star rooms , his and hers flat screen T.V's,6 ft bed , air con,separate seating area with large luxurious bathroom, truly beautiful rooms, with the added touch of a beautifully decorated Christmas tree!.Super relaxing and comfortable. The Staff make the experience at the Killarney Royal so special.Friendly , efficient and very helpful.
December in Killarney is a wonderful treat. The shops, restaurants , pubs and locals all 5 star.
Killarney have nailed the traveller experience .Well done

Room Tip: Our room 106 was gorgeous

Dear Joyc

What an absolutely wonderful review here on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for going to all the time and trouble of writing it up in such detail - we really appreciate it.

I am glad that you got to experience what we have on offer & that your stay was as described
"Super relaxing and comfortable. These are two of the main important things you look for when you are on a break away from home.

My team & I are delighted with your kind words & we look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal for the third time in the near future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Hotel, Very central location.
Front of desk, Nuala, was great, made me and my father feel very welcome, and was a wealth of local information.
Rooms are in a classical style and large and comfortable, bathrooms are large and spotless, great stay and my dad felt spoilt....Thank You

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Docirish
A sincere thanks for the great review of the Killarney Royal here on Trip Advisor - we really appreciate it.

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise on all aspects of our hotel also. I am delighted to hear that your Dad really got to experience what we have on offer here.

Nuala has been part of the team for over 20 years now & is a great asset to the Killarney Royal. Your kind words have been passed onto her.

I do hope that you & your father will come back to visit us real soon

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Myself,4 sisters and our mum booked a festive 1 night stay at this amazing hotel.It was the first time staying here for all 6 of us and it certainly will not be the last.We were greeted by the very friendly and delightful Maura who checked us in and wanted to know when we wanted our teas/coffees,scones and mince pies which were all part of our incredible deal.We we arrived down 30 mins later a table had been reserved for us by the Christmas tree and open fire where we were served our silver service tea and amazing sandwiches which we had ordered seperatly.It was pure magic.The staff were all delightful.We later booked a table for dinner where we got an exquisite 5 star meal,could not fault the quality,quantity,variety and flavour of our food,it was top class.We also had muled wine prior to our meal and given Christmas cake and mince pies after our delicious 4 course dinner.Note that all of this was included in an amazing Christmas deal which I would highly recommend to anyone thinking of a nights stay in Killarney.If im to be honest I have stayed in at least 8 or 9 different hotels in Killarney and The Royal is the only one I would return to or recommend.I have stayed in 5 star hotels in Dublin and Killarney before and The Royal would match them for service,location,friendlyness and so much more.To anyone planning on a romantic break or even valentine proposal please take note of the following..........................................My family,without me knowing and with the help of Maura planned an amazing trip on the jaunties which was waiting outside the hotel as we left,the horse and carriage was dressed in festive lights,candy canes,the carrage looked like santas sleigh and Christmas carols playes as we went through the town and into Muckross park.We stopped in the park and as I went to get teas in the restaurant my family were setting up a picnic which had been supplied by the hotel.Delightful sandwiches,homemade biscuits,napkind,plates etc all beautifully presented in a picnic basket.Next came another surprise,my birthday cake,made by the hotels chef,divine.All this was organised by my sisters and staff at the hotel.As you have read I can not rate this hotel high enough.So,for all you romantics out there,Valentines is only around the corner,so,get planning,you have no excuse.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear CorkLizh_13

And thank you so much for the truly outstanding review of the Killarney Royal here on Trip Advisor - it's one of the best reviews any place could possibly receive

We are delighted that we gave you such happy memories of your visit to us and we are extra delighted that Maura was so kind and helpful to you & your family and made you all feel so relaxed and welcome.

Our staff here enjoy their work very much so & I am fortunate to have a wonderful team working here at the Killarney Royal

Thank you for highlighting our food also....We are known & loved for our cuisine for all the right reasons especially when prepared and served by our Chef Joe & his great team in the kitchen.

I am already looking forward to your 2nd visit & I hope that it will be as magical as the first experience

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just wanted to write a quick line on how impressed I was with our meal in the Killarney Royal last night!! We booked a table for six for the early bird, a three course meal for €25 each. The meal was outstanding and very good value for money. I had bruschetta for starters, hake and mulled wine, fruit trifle for dessert with teas and coffees. A plate of christmas cake and mince pies was brought out at the end of the evening, another lovely touch. We were celebrating our mum's birthday and the staff were so attentive and just fab all evening. The christmas decorations in the foyer, the bar/bistro and just all the staff make this hotel a real gem. Well done Killarney Royal :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear MogieONeill123

And a million thanks for the review here on Trip Advisor - we are very grateful to you

Customer service is very important to us here, and so I am glad that you got to experience what we have on offer & our staff do enjoy their work very much. We are known and loved in the food trade for all the right reasons & thank you for your sparkling comments about the cuisine

The headline in your review was the best part "Top class Killarney Royal"

Bryan

We look forward to welcoming you back through the doors of the Killarney Royal.