“An extremely nice hotel, but perhaps not the best location.”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent 2 night at the Royal and found it to be an exceptionally well run, pleasantly staffed older property. The bed was extremely comfortable, which ranks high on our list of amenities desired!
However, it is right "downtown" in the center of a Killarney that has grown very urban and touristy compared to my last visit over 20 years ago (though it was then too!). We were traveling by car and probably would have preferred a bit quieter, more suburban setting on the outskirts. Parking in the center of town is readily available in a large "pay & display" lot, and that is what you use when staying at the Royal. They reimburse your daily fee on presentation of the 3 Euro ticket, but the location requires a bit of a walk, and short term parking access for arrival and departure unloading/loading is a bit difficult on the busy street in front of the hotel. The food was good, the room lovely, clean and quite and I really wouldn't complain about anything except that, if traveling by car again, I would prefer a more peripheral location. If you were traveling by public transport, or on a group tour, the location wouldn't be an issue and would probably be desirable for most as being close to the center. As far as Killarney itself, it has all the urban and tourist amenities, but I would view it more as a good central location for exploring the SW of Ireland, and not a destination that was of a lot of interest to me in and of itself. The nearby park, lakes and mountain drive, however, are exceptional and not to be missed.

Room Tip: We weren't at the front, but I'd avoid it because it is over a very busy street with "n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Currygirl

First of all I would like to thank you for posting your review on the Killarney Royal.
Customer service is very important to us here, and so I am glad that you got to experience what we have on offer & our staff do enjoy their work very much.
I am also delighted to hear that you found your stay comfortable as this is one of the most important aspects when you are on holiday.

Just in regards to the parking we are a town center Hotel and having the car park so close to us is a blessing as many hotels in Killarney are not as close to it as we are. We also offer valet parking to our guest to make it extra easy for their stay. I hope this will not taint your experience on your stay here with us as we would love to welcome you back here to stay with us

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Killarney Royal

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Imagine a hotel where all the staff were ultra friendly, funny, hardworking and natural communicators. Welcome to the Killarney Royal.

Stayed for a few days with a bunch of golfers and cant praise the staff highly enough. The hotel itself is very good too. Lovely big rooms, very comfortable beds, clean and bang in the centre of Killarney.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dubforever

Wow!! What a pleasure it was to read your sparkling review.
I am especially pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, and I am delighted we have exceeded your expectations. My staff and I are thrilled to know that we made your stay as memorable as possible.

Your review will be passed onto all the team here.
We hope to see you back here again for another visit.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Recently stayed at the Killarney Royal Hotel on 23 Sept. On arrival we were warmly greeted & made to feel so welcome. We were shown to our room which was absolutely fabulous. Every detail had been well thought out to make weary travellers feel comfortble. We now wish that we had made this our central location for our stay to travel the Ring of Kerry & Dingle. Breakfast was delivered to our room in the morning & was so beautifully presented & yummy.
What a special treat. I definitely will be returning to this hotel on my return visit to
Ireland.

Room Tip: Any room would be worth the stay - fabulous
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear GLENC255100

Thank you ever so much on your kind words about the Killarney Royal.

I am thrilled that you had a comfortable stay here with us & that you enjoyed all aspects of it.

Your kind words have been passed on to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us

Kind regards

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel and found the accommodations quite nice with a larger than average room. The staff were very friendly at both check in and the restaurant staff made you feel right at home. Their bellman was very talkative as well and made us feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room if you like a view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Elaine A

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on our level of service and our staff so your kind words are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back through the doors of the Killarney Royal during your next visit.

Best wishes

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family and I went for a weekend break in Killarney for my father's birthday and we chose this hotel based on online research. I am really glad we did. The staff were really welcoming and the rooms were very spacious. The rooms were spotless and the bathroom was nicely decorated. I would love to return here sometime.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear CatrionaLX

First of all let me thank you for writing such a wonderful review on your stay here at the Killarney Royal. We are glad that your stay was comfortable. I am very fortunate to have such a dedicated team to work with.

Customer service is very important to us here, and so I am glad that you got to experience what we have to offer.

We have excellent offers throughout the year so please do come stay with us & avail of these offers

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 3 nights April 2013. Wonderful discounted "Spring" B&B rate for seniors (no comparison elsewhere for this quality). Beautiful traditional decor (in the comfortable lobby which just shouts "linger awhile," and in the rooms). In the center of every thing in Killarney. Short walk to pick up the horse drawn traps ("carts"), and from there, on a nice day, one can walk through the park to Ross Castle. In-house dining room with white table cloths and high end table settings really pleasing for included breakfast, has good reasonably priced entrees for dinner and also has very pleasant unobtrusive wait staff (which was really appreciated at breakfast). The hotel reception staff was particularly friendly and helpful (one of them even went to the trouble of calling her sister in another town for advice on where on where we could source in Killarney a specific med my wife needed). Kudos also to the very friendly doorman. The overall friendliness of all of the staff created a sense of "home away from home" and will, for sure, bring us back again.

Room Tip: Chose the room on the 2nd floor back corner for size, decor and a bit of a view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LnEAGLE

Thank you for such a sparkling review on Trip advisor
Everyone of the team here strives to make all our guests happy & will be most pleased that you had a really great time. I am glad to hear your kind words about the decor of the hotel and that it was a comfortable experience. We always love to make our guest & customers feel at home

It is comments like this that help us continue to improve and maintain our services.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Just I reached killarney after 315 km self drive from dublin airport it's one of the best self drive I have ever travelled . most secenic drive experience I will recommend that one must take self drive from dublin airport . Once I reached hotel it's just on the main centre of killarney but inside very quite . Very big rooms , neat & clean , big bathrooms & Brayan the person who took all our luggage upstairs & parked our car just backside of the hotel public parking was the son of the owner when he said that I was really surprised just 23 year old guy in UK was so humbled that's just a gr8 thing too . I will really recommend this hotel with all 5 out of 5 ratings for all like loction , helping owner & staff , prompt service , free wi fi , one of the bestest location in killarney .

• Stayed: September 2013
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Prashant 8

Many thanks for taking the time to write a very complimentary review of your recent stay.
We do always try our best to exceed the expectations and we are very happy that you were suitably impressed. We are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay & called our Hotel the best in Killarney.

We look forward to welcoming you back through the doors of the Killarney Royal Hotel.