“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Limerick, Ireland
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago for a 3 night stay. Our room was beautiful and the breakfast was fantastic. We also had dinner once and again it was delicious. The rooms were cleaned daily and sheets changed. Killarney itself is a beautiful town and there are loads of bars, restaurants, and tourist shops. Killarney is also ideal if you want to drive the ring of Kerry (we did its great with beautiful views). If your planning on staying at this hotel I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Carsheehy,

Thank you very much for your delightful review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and our property exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for recommending our Property and I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had many meals in this hotel over the years. Every one of them was completely satisfying. Our most recent was on Sunday 21st of May 2013. It surpassed any we have had over the years. As it was a family group there were quite a few diverse requests but the hotel dealt with each to our utmost satisfaction. They catered for three children in the group, making sure they weren't delayed too long in waiting for their courses. Though the children's price was perhaps a little high the overall charge was more than reasonable. The staff were brilliant - as always.

Dear michealodonoghue65,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your wonderful review. It is indeed a pleasure to read.
I am pleased to know you and you family always enjoy your dining experience at the Killarney Royal, and do rely on all feed-back to help us maintain and improve our standards.
I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

GOA,india
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife checked in here after driving from Belfast . The room was amazingly huge decorated with some antique furniture, the service and staff attitude was very friendly, willing to go the extra mile to help us in whatever we wanted, the breakfast was just okay, nothing great, but then we filled ourselves, most importantly it is centrally located to the main shopping street , and all the pubs are situated around this place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Rajeschcounto,

Firstly, I wish Thank you for taking time to post your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to know you would recommend our Property, and have taken your comments about Breakfast on
board. It is a pleasure to know your enjoyed your visit to Killarney and had a memorable experience. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel to stay at. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are generous in size and have everything that you need. It is close to the train station and right in town. You can stay at the hotel for an delicious meal or walk to your choice of restaurants and pubs. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Next time I return to Killarney I will definitely stay there.

Dear Victoria 999999

Thank you very much for taking time to post such a wonderful review about our Property. I am delighted Killarney Royal was to your satisfaction, and am pleased to know you would recommend us. It is satisfying to read your review, hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Kind regards,
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed May 15, 2013

While I didnt have the pleasure of staying in this beautiful hotel I did have the most amazing meal there at the weekend and the staff in particular our waitress Sarah was amazing I was with my two kids and the food was fantastic and filling and our waitress Sarah entertained and gave my kids so much attention I have told anybody that will listen to me to visit this gem that I have passed out on previous visits but its most definately one I will be returning to again and again. Well done Killarney Royal for superb service and amazing food. Can't wait to go back and visit you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear iofa,

Thank you very much for taking time to post such a wonderful review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Killarney. Also, Thank you for your lovely comments about our Property and its surrounds. I am delighted Sarah exceeded your expectations, and will pass on your comments to her and all my team.
Thank you for recommending us, and I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a (too) long absence from Killarney it was great to return to the Royal where Sonia and my other guests were made to feel like returning family members. Your levels of hospitality and service are of the highest order and are widely mentioned to others who might be thinking of a visit. The fact that the staff haven’t changed over the years speaks volumes not to mention they appear not to have aged a bit! Must be that great air in the Kingdom. Will see you (soon) again. All the best from a very happy tour group.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and individual - plus you should be able to lower your golf handicap!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jim M,

Firstly, It was a pleasure to welcome you and your Friends back to the Killarney Royal. I am heartened by your very pleasant and up-lifting review of our Property and Staff. They are a wonderful asset to the Hotel, and am very honoured they have been here for so long. I do appreciate their wonderful contribution.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Killarney Royal for four nights in the last week of April. The service and friendliness of the staff is second to none. We rolled in after 10:00 pm from a full day of sight seeing. The restaurant was already closed, but Michael prepared a delightful salad and sandwich to accompany our bottle of wine. How wonderful that we didn't have to go out and search for our supper. The rooms were clean and large with a huge bath tub and a very long vanity with double sinks. Every afternoon, they deliver a pitcher of water and a bucket of ice to the room. The car parking is really very close, and they reimburse the parking cost at checkout.
The location of the hotel is perfect! A couple of steps away is a convenience store with a full service postal station inside. It was an easy walk to the congested main street and the multitude of pubs and restaurants. One of our favorite evenings was spent at the bar with a glass of merlot writing postcards to our friends and family back home. The staff of this hotel is what made it so very special. Thank you ALL for making our stay with you feel like we were with family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Leila S,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It is such a pleasure to read. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the comforts and surrounds of the Killarney Royal, and escpecially my Staff who are such a wonderful asset to me.
It is great to know that we did exceed your expectations in all areas and that your are thinking of returning to us. I will pass on your kind words of praise to all my team.
I look forward to welcoming you through our doors in the future.