“5 star Hotel at 4 star prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Limerick, Ireland
“5 star Hotel at 4 star prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great Location, right in the middle of Killarney. We stayed for 2 nights in April, weather was awful but had an amazing weekend nonetheless. Rooms were amazing, breakfast was the best I've had, totally 5 star, bar food is very good, restaurant menu could have been better but the food was still very good. Parking is the only issue but not really the hotels fault due to its location, there is a car park across the way but quite expensive at €1 an hour when your staying for 48 hours! We parked in the carpark to the rear of the hotel, short 3 minute walk (felt longer with luggage) great value at only €3 a day. The best thing about this hotel is the customer service, all staff are genuinely super friendly. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear barbaramcm,

Thank you very much for taking time to post such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I especially appreciate your very kind words about your dining experience, and am glad you enjoyed it. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all my team, we do rely on all customer feed-back to help us continue and improve our customer service.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Regards
Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
new england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in late April 2013. The room was great with a comfortable king bed and great shower. It was centrally located so we walked to shops, restaurants and pubs. The best part was the friendly attitude of the staff. The concierge/check-in staff clearly enjoys working with the guests. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear br2br,

Thank for your recent review based on your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. I am very pleased your enjoyed your room and all of what is on offer in Killarney. Our hotel is very central so it is impossible not to walk down town to see the Restaurants and shops so close by . I will pass on your Kind comments to all my staff here at The Killarney Royal Hotel and they all are very customers focused. They will appreciate your kind comments. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family (2 adults and 2 children, ages 5 and 2) stayed here for two nights. We wish it would have been longer. We stayed in a family room which had plenty of room for everyone to spread out. Be aware that there is no separate livingnspace in these rooms. So everyone goes to sleep at the same time if you are with family.

The staff was amazing. I honestly don't know how they were able to deliver such personal service. Many whom we had never met knew who we were, when we came, and what we had planned. One very nice fellow ever hand delivered a few pints of beer to the room one evening.

This is a great place and well suited for a family.

Dear ithacacouple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel recently. I am delighted both you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is always pleasing to read when our guests enjoy our service and we always try to achieve this to the best of our ability at all times. I am glad to hear of how you felt you all had enough space in the room and with Children you need that extra space always. Hope you enjoyed the night cap and we hope you and your Family will return again in the future to The Killarney Royal Hotel. Thank you for staying with us.

King regards

New Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

An elegant hotel with a grand piano in the lobby, I knew I would like it here. I played the piano as soon as I came in. We arrived here a little later than normal as we were in Dingle, but I lucked out on a parking place right smack in front of the hotel, and since I was later, there was no charge for parking! Nice places to walk around, a beautiful town. The rooms were beautiful. Billy in the dining room was a cool guy, and the staff was wonderful. They changed money for me right there as well. If you are coming here, grab this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Matthew V

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed our Piano in the Foyer, it is always great to hear people playing just for the love of it. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and our Town of Killarney.
It is very pleasing to hear people mention one of our team and Billy is a cool guy as you so well described him, with us over twenty years. I will pass on your kind comments to Billy. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back again in the future.

Kind Regards

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

During a 6 day stay in Ireland we stayed only 2 nights at the Killarney Royal Hotel; we should have spent all 6 days there. The room was roomy(no view, but I didn't expect one), clean, & just what we needed. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was helpful & friendly. This hotel is definitely a must do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Kim L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. I am delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased you found all staff members friendly as this is what is so important to us. We always try to make people welcome and create a home away from Home.

I hope you will be welcoming you back to The Killarney Royal in the near future.

King regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

After two weeks travel through UK & Ireland, finally we found a comfortable, FRIENDLY & dietry accommodating (ceoliac) hotel. Were only staying 1 night but couldn't bear to leave!!, so stayed another. Our host Mike in the bar was wonderful, nothing was too much trouble & a brilliant smile went with every dish & drink - 2 nights running. Breakfast & dinners were excellent, rooms very spacious & comfortable. Overall a wonderful experience.
Aussie family on 3 month trip through Europe

• Stayed April 2013
Dear libbiek,

I was delighted to read your review of your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your views with TripAdvisor.
Nice to hear you extended your stay to 2 nights with us and that you enjoyed the charms of Mike in the Bar. I am pleased you enjoyed our room and the food during your stay. We do try to accommodate Ceoliac as much as we can and to give some extra choices where possible. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in the Royal Hotel last week,and it was a really Good choice if you like small and to be near the center of Killarney.The staff were friendly and treated you as if you were their only guest.Breakfast was good and lots of choices.The only down side side was parking and the hotel did offer to pay at a near-by pay and display.It cost three euros a day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear marialane69,

I always enjoy reading the heading's people put on reviews, and yours is one that will stick in my mind. "Small Hotel with a big heart". I take that as a compliment and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel.

Yes, I must agree that parking is a facility we wish we had available to guests and reinbursting guests is one way to a solution. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal.