Killarney Royal
Lake Hotel(Killarney)
$248
$226
Hotels.com
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$161
$156
$312
$294
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
1,039 results
All reviewsgolf putterbucket of icenight portercharming hotelsister hotelsmall hotelopen firetop classrooms are largecentral locationold styletwo nightswould highly recommend this hotelcentre of towna wonderful stayboth morningsbeautiful room
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We just got home from a two night stay at this hotel and we already cannot wait to return here again. The location was ideal. The staff are the nicest I have come across in any hotel worldwide. They went above and beyond any levels to be accommodating throughout our stay here. They were very helpful when it came to informing us about the sites and 'must see' places to go whilst in Kerry. On one of the days we went to Dingle and naturally we asked their opinions on places to go and see. The receptionist even called the aquarium in Dingle to find out opening hours and the Dingle pier to find out if there were boats running that day without us having to ask. Everybody was so willing to help us and improve our stay as much as possible. The room was spacious and the bed was huge and very comfortable. There is a gym and swimming pool around the corner in another hotel which we were allowed to use the leisure facilities free of charge. There is also a late check out of 2 p.m. and you can leave your bags safely at reception, which was great as we went to explore the surrounding area on that day. We bought a deal which included a main course, the food was so delicious that we decided to book dinner in the hotel restaurant for our second night. The waiters were so generous, offering extra sides, free of charge. Breakfast was also included in the deal we purchased and prior to going to this hotel we read that the breakfast wasn't great, We found that there was a great selection, ample portions and food was very tasty, Overall the prices are reasonable,portions are perfect and the quality of the food is top class. We would like to make a special mention to Mike the barman and Billy the manager who were so friendly and lovely people. You made our stay here so pleasant. Without a shadow of a doubt we will be returning to this hotel on our next visit to Killarney. The only minor issue we had was there was no mini fridge in the room( which may not bother many people) however the staff had ice buckets awaiting our return each day once we let them know. Outstanding customer service.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. Our room was in the corner and it was very quiet which was great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear JLJ2011,

Thank you very much for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor, It was, indeed a pleasure to read. I am heartened to know your experience of the Killarney Royal exceeded your expectations.
I am delighted to know your enjoyed your meals and will pass on all your comments to my Staff, and especially to Mike & Billy.
I look forward to welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is the fourth trip my wife and I have made to Killarney and the Royal. As usual, everybody is ready to help out and make our stay wonderful. Maura and Catherine were sweet and helpful, and knew how to take great care of weary travellers. Thanks also to the breakfast and and bar team, we'll be ready to go back next year.

Dear WRBlack,

Thank you once again for your wonderful review. I am heartened to know you both experienced warmth and hospitality once again in the Royal. I will certainly pass on your comments to Maura and Catherine. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Pretty, nice, spotlessly clean rooms. Excellent location, close to all pubs and food. Stayed in a spacious room without a view on first floor, but the room itself was very nice, so still really liked it. Huge bathroom. Very nice cozy area downstairs with fireplace. They don't have their own parking, but there is street parking. Did not try their food downstairs, so cannot comment on that. Was there off-season, so paid much less than usual and it seemed like a great value.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank vg2555
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear vg2555

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your satisfaction.
We do rely on all customer feed-back to help us maintain standards, and improve our services to you our Guests.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Would just like to say myself and my husband had a fantastic weekend in your hotel,maura was very helpful with our booking(offer with livingsocial) and even nicer to meet in person,we have stayed in many hotels in Killarney and have agreed this is definitely one we will return to in future.With a perfect location,beautiful large room(spotlessly clean) very friendly staff,gorgeous breakfast and a beautiful dinner I couldn't speak highly enough of your hotel,hope to see you again in the summer

1  Thank Emoc1983
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Emoc1983,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Killarney Royal, and especially Maura. She is indeed a very valued member on my team., and am very fortunate to have such a dedicated Staff.
Also, Thank you for your comments about our Property, I do rely on all customer feed-back to help us maintain and improve standards.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hotel and its staff makes this boutique hotel an excellent place to stay in Killarney. Catherine Maura and Nicola who are in reception go above and beyond the call of duty to help and advice visitors as to what to do while visiting KIllarney. As i have said in previous reviews about the bedrooms they are are so large and comfortable. Breakfasts cooked freshly.My husband and myself ate in the bistro for the 3 nights. Again this bistro is graced with its excellent staff namely Billy Mike and Dayna They will answer any question or again advise on dishes. They seem to just love what they are working at as this comes across in their personalitys. But then they rarely have to listen to cmplaints about the food as the hotels CHEF is in the royal for 27 years so that speaks for itself Compliments to you and congratulations. Brian the manager oversees everything in his own quiet way .John comes in everynight for night duty at 11 o'clock .This hotel consists of one big happy family who love what they work at.Thank You for a great stay

1  Thank MEABH10
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear MEABH10,

It is with pleasure I read your wonderful review. I am delighted you both, once again experienced the kindness and hospitality of all my staff. I will certainly pass on those lovely comments to each and every one of them. I rely on all customer feed-back at all times to help us maintain standards to ensure you our 'Guests' receive warmth, hospitality and service during your stay.
Again, Many Thanks you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor.