“ideal location for everything”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a Great hotel as its situated 2 mins walk from train station and ideal for pubs, clubs and shopping. They have a fantastic bar food menu and serves to 9pm. very friendly staff throughout hotel freom once we checked in till we checked out

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear MartinaD95

Thank you for posting such a lovely review. It is always a pleasure to read how much our Guests enjoy their stay. Also, I am delighted to know you enjoyed our food in our Bar/Bistro.
We do rely on customer feed back to help us maintain standards to ensure our Guests leave with wonderful memories of the Killarney Royal.
I do hope to welcome you back through our doors in the future.

Brian

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

we stayed overnight in killarney and stayed in this hotel. it is just on the edge of the town about a 5 minute walk. the staff at this hotel are very pleasent and helpfull. we had the evening meal with a wide range of fish ,meat and chicken dishes on the menu. there was 8 of us at the table (family) and no one had a bad word to say about their food. the rooms at the killarney royal are at a very high class ,very clean and lots of space. a great idea that the royal have come up with is there is a putter a golf ball and a putting machine in all bedrooms ,who ever came up with that idea should get a medal, (something for the man to do while herself is in the bathroom putting on the makeup)... great staff,great hotel and great food.. will be going back this summer.... also may i add the cost for bed and breakfast with evening meal was only 129 EURO for 2... great value

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear flah27,

Thank you for taking time to post such a lovely review. I am heartened to know how much you enjoyed your stay and especially the golf putter. Also, I am pleased to know you and your family enjoyed your meal in our Candle Room Restaurant.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been having lunch in this hotel for many years and we have never been disappointed with our lunch and the service we have got by Margaret and Eveyln nothing is ever too much for them always a smile food always very good I have had food in the bar and restaurant and have never to complain I have also had tea and scones by the fire wonderful I have sent many of my friends for dinner and to stay there they as we'll we not disappointed all I can say is it is well worth a visit and someday I will definitely stay there .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear DonnchaCork,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read. I am delighted to know our Food lives up to your expectations. I do rely on Customer feed-back to help maintain standards. Also, Thank you for the lovely comments about Margaret & Evelyn, I will certainly pass on your kind words

Regards.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited ireland and had a great stay for 3 nights magnificent meals and evenings in the elegant bar of the royal hotel ,billy the manager that night was highly welcoming and a gentleman at what he does would recommend anyone from all parts of the world to visit the royal and have a laugh with billy while he delivers a high level of expertise in the hospitality trade !!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Mikedehne,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read.
I am heartened to know you enjoyed all aspects of your stay in the Royal, and my Staff especially, Billy who is such a valued member on my team excelled your expectations.
I will pass on your lovely comments to all my team, and maybe, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Regards

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently purchased a voucher on Living social which specified availability on all 7 nights of the week. On my attempt to book I was informed that the hotel had reached their quota for Saturday nights and refused to take my booking. After numerous attempts to explain the validity of my voucher for any night it was suggested that I look for a refund as they would not take my booking.
Very poor organisation and customer service. I'm sure I am not the only person who has run into this problem.

4  Thank Noel-Emma
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Noel-Emma,

I was very disappointed to read your review. It is very unfortunate that you were unable to avail of this exceptional offer as it sold-out very quickly, and unfortunately the remaining dates were not suitable to you.
The Killarney Royal do offer some very competitive rates throughout the year, hopefully you will get an opportunity to avail of them and visit Killarney in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This year we decided to send my parents for a 2 day treat to Killarney during their Christmas Break. We choose the Royal Hotel and trilled that we did!
They had a wonderful stay and had the up most praise for the hotel and Staff
Their favourite part was to sit in the lobby reading the papers and relaxing with a coffee!
They are planning a revisit already to the Royal!
Thank you to the Royal Hotel Staff for making my parents well deserved break such a pleasure!

Dear Tracy O,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor, I am heartened to know your Parents thoroughly enjoyed their visit and especially the welcome of my Staff. We strive at all times to ensure our Guests leave with pleasant memories of Killarney Royal.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming your Parents and yourself through our doors in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent New Year in The Killarney Royal with family friends. We had a fabulous weekend. Old world charm. The accommodation was great and the staff could not have been any nicer. We even had a Christmas tree in our room and decorations on the door. Afternoon teas a special treat beside the big open turf fire. It was a magical weekend in Killarney and we liked it so much we are going back again in Feb. Plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance of hotel. Well done to all in the Killarney Royal we felt like part of their family.

Room Tip: Try and book a suite - well worth it.