“really enjoyable lunch in lovely setting”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Limerick, Ireland
“really enjoyable lunch in lovely setting”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had lunch in this hotel today, the reception area and bar are beautifully decorated for Christmas which added to the lovely relaxed atmosphere of this hotel. The food was really good and beautifully presented and the staff are efficient and helpful. Overall top marks to this hotel, everything was as it should be!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear irishtraveller74

Thank you for taking the time a post a review.

It is with great pleasure to read you enjoyed our Christmas decorations only finished since last Thursday!
I am so glad you enjoyed your lunch with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel and that you found every thing as it should be with food and staff alike. Thank you again for visiting The Killarney Royal Hotel and I hope you will return in the near future.

Brian Scally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
St Albans
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We booked a number of rooms for a group staying on 8th November, 2012. The reservation staff were very friendly and helpful. This attitude was the same throughout our stay from all the staff, including the bar-staff who very also very entertaining (I think they weren't expecting such a Thursday night, they described it as 'June-like'! Nothing was a problem to them.
I discovered 2 weeks later that I had lost a piece of jewellery and I knew I had taken it off in the Killarney Royal. I telephoned and dealt with a Maura, who investigated, phoned me back promptly to say she had found it, and arranged to send it to me by Registered post. She then emailed me with all the details to track the delivery.
Now that's what I call service. I will certainly stay there again when I'm back in Killarney. The only down-side of this hotel - the heat! - even switching off all radiators in the room helped somewhat but it was still quite hot. I would suggest they could turn the thermostat down a degree or two and save themselves some costs..............

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear GeeBeeStAlbans,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review based on your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am extremely pleased to read service your received was good while with us and even after you left us. We are always delighted to reunite people with their belonging when left behind in error. I am glad your Jewelry is back with it rightful owner!
I will pass your Kind comments to Maura and it was all part of the service we try to offer here at the Killarney Royal Hotel. We have quiet cold weather here now so we will keep a watchful eye on heating situation.

Thank you for staying with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Killarney in the future.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights November 6th to 8th 2012. From the moment we checked in we were greeted with fantastic service. Our room was clean and spacious and the decor was nice throughout. The location in town is excellent with shops and restaurants all within very short walking distance. There is no onsite parking available but there is a overnight town pay parking lot available just up the street. The cost was only €3 for 24hours and the hotel will pick up the tab when you check out. I would have no problem recommending this hotel to friends and family as we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear kowalsy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel.
I am so pleased you enjoyed the service we offer and that you enjoyed your room.
Yes we are very centrally located and I am glad to hear the car parking did not inconvenience you too much during your stay.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Killarney Royal Hotel in the future and thank you for staying with us on this occasion.

Oceanside, California, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel, and I my expectations were exceeded. Beautiful traditional decor, with modern touches. The room was the largest we had on our entire Ireland-Scotland trip (and other guests said similar things). Nice sized bathroom too. This hotel has been in the proprietors family for about a 100 years, so they've spent their time perfecting it. The staff didn't initially see us when the taxi dropped us off, so we brought our bags in; but after that, they were always extremely helpful. Its a relatively small staff, so they cover everything from bell service to bar service, and do so very professionally and warmly. Excellent pub/restaurant on premises. Excellent breakfast set up. Concierge service helped us set up a tour to the Ring of Kerry. Easy walking distance to Killarney shops, churches and pubs. Close to train station (walking), and to outlet mall. We were sad to leave.

Dear Paul S

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. It is always pleasing to read when you meet with exceptions a guest may have prior to arrival.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed our spacious rooms and our Breakfast service. We are always delighted to help organize with guests plans and the ring of Kerry trip is indeed a special day out. We are within walking distance of all that Killarney has to offer.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome back next time you are in Killarney and thank you for staying with us.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here last weekend, booked for two nights but stayed for a third, so that probably sums up what we thought of the hotel. Location was great, staff were really lovely especially Evelyn, decor beautiful. I loved our room. When Evelyn came the first night with the silver tea pot and the strainer, real tea, they just had me. That's what I mean about attention to detail. Breakfast fab. Dinner beautiful, presentation excellent, and lovely creamy rice for desert, now where do you get that anymore.

Dear MarySash,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your visit to The Killarney Royal Hotel.
It is with great pleasure to read how you enjoyed your visit so much that you extended your stay with us.

I will pass on your kind comments to Evelyn and yes real tea is something we find people love with our Sliver teapots , we claim it tastes even better! It was so enjoyable to hear you enjoyed breakfast and Dinner with us.
Thank you for staying with us and I do hope we will the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Last Saturday night 11th Nov 4 girlfriends spent the night here celebrating a birthday. This hotel has all the touches. Staff are lovely, service excellent and the ambience and homeliness of the place is top class. The rooms were lovely and the hotel is in the centre of town for easy access to all restaurants and bars.

Dear SallyGardens45

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about the experience you had during your visit to Killarney recently. A belated Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl!.

I am delighted you enjoyed the extra touches supplied during your visit and that you found all staff to be helpful and friendly during your stay with us. Yes we are very central for exploring the town in all it has to offer.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Killarney Royal Hotel for the next celebration.

Provo, Utah
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here with my mom at the end of Oct. Excellent service. Great atmosphere. In the center of everything so it's easy to walk throughout the city. Excellent food. Easy to get to in the city. Parking lots nearby for those of you with cars.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Emily L

Thank you for your kind review of The Killarney Royal Hotel. I am pleased you and your Mother enjoyed your time spent with us in October. Delighted to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere, food and accommodations of The Killarney Royal Hotel. We are very centrally located in Killarney, easy walking to shops, restaurants and local sight seeing. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.