“Lovely Hotel and Staff”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Ireland
“Lovely Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went to Killarney the weekend just gone and had an amazing time at the Killarney Royal. The staff at the hotel from the second we arrived were top class. The hotel itself was small but perfect, especially for what we wanted. The room was big, comfortable and very clean as was the rest of the hotel. From the restaurant and bar to having tea and biscuits in front of the fire in the foyer everything was perfect, good food, good atmosphere, very attentive staff. It's location is a couple of minutes walk from most attractions in the town, and had a couple of good bars across from it, some good trad sessions. Overall we had a great weekend at the Killarney Royal and would highly recommend staying here. Thanks again to all the staff for helping make it a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear PodgeIreland

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel.
It was a pleasure reading on how you enjoyed your room, food and location of The Killarney Royal. Thank you for your kind comments of the team and I hope we have the opportunity in welcoming your back to both our Hotel and Killarney in the future.

Regards

Brian Scally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Hanoi
Reviewed November 4, 2012

A wonderful hotel is how I would sum up this hotel.From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated with great hospitality.The hotel is warm and cosy which is what you want after been out in the cold weather. The check in was very quick and efficient.We were lying on our bed within 4mins of arrival.The room was spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable.Had a wonderful stay at this hotel with my partner, would highly recommend and will return if staying in Killarney again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bradster1988

Thank you for taking the time for posting a review based on your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your room and that you felt comfortable during your stay with us.
Our front office team will be delighted with your comments of a efficient check in and it is particularly nice to hear you will both recommend us and return when next in Killarney.

Regards

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel is definately a must if you wish to stay in the town of Killarney. From the moment I entered the warm, comfortable foyer with fire lighting, I was greeted by Maura, with a smiling face and genuine interest in making sure my stay was perfect, down to paying my parking fee for one day. I must sincerely commend Maura on her service.
The bar area is small and comfortable adjoined to bar/dining. Food fantasic but nothing too much trouble for bar staff.
I had a wonderful large corner room with two large windows, double bathroom, wonderful bed and even a putter to practice my golf skills!!! room service available also 24 hrs.
Breakfast was wonderful, fantastic choice. What I really liked was the large silver pot of Tea (made with Tea leaves) and a lovely little silver cup strainer, just little touches, but very nice.
I decided to go back to bed for an hour after breakfast, only to be informed by Maura, to take my time, no rush checking out, have the room as long as I wished.
I will definately return here again. There is something really special about the Kerry welcome in this hotel. Many thanks,
Eithne OC

Room Tip: When booking I requested a bright room. I received a wonderful brings corner large room. Room 116...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear EithneOC

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. I am delighted to read that enjoyed some of the extra touches during your stay with us. It is always pleasing when guests notice the small touches such tea leaves and golf putters and comforts the rooms have to offer. I will pass on your comments to Maura and I am glad that you felt under no pressure to leave. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will return to stay with us again at The Killarney Royal Hotel.

Warm regards

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel, close to everything, with amazing staff. Thanks to Margaret our waitress for breakfast, so helpful and friendly. Even if you don't stay here make sure you come and have a meal, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Giselle B

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review, we really appreciate your comments. It is very pleasing when people state they defiantly will be back, well we will be delighted to welcome you back.
Glad you enjoyed meeting Margaret and I will pass on your comments to Margaret.

Kind regards

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were impressed with everything about our stay at the Royal. The staff were excellent, we had a beautiful, big bedroom and the food was wonderful.
There's no pool at the hotel, but you can get free passes from reception for another hotel a short walk away.
We used vouchers from the NCT so our stay was particularly good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear LJ C

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we really appreciate it. I am very pleased with your comment that you enjoyed everything the Hotel had to offer.
I am also pleased that you enjoyed your experience in the leisure center and that you found the time to use this service.
I am delighted that you felt you got good value for money and we hope you will return to The Killarney Royal Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards

Strabane, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife & I are just back from a 2 night break here have no doubts book it would be my advice.

We were welcomed by Maura at reception who was a lovely friendly lady, we got a junior suite (room 106) which was a fabulous clean & traditional room with a very comfortable king size bed.

Breakfast was beautiful served by Margaret who was also very friendly I had the fresh plaice it was one of the best I have ever tasted.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the barman made us two great Baileys coffee for our night cap served with a smile & full of Kerry charm.

I would not think twice of booking this hotel.

Room Tip: 106 1st Floor Quiet Suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mj o
Dear Mj o

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. It was great to read your review and I will pass on your kind comments to staff mentioned.
We do try to give a warm welcome to all our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your room and all the services the Hotel had to offer especially the Bailey's Coffee Night cap.
A great way to finish any day and also glad you enjoyed your plaice for breakfast. We look forward to your return visit to The Killarney Royal Hotel.

Warm Regards

Dublin
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks back.
In my opinion its overrated and way overpriced. The hotel hasnt got a car park so i had to park down the town. The room i was given was terribe and nothing like any of the photos on the internet. The door on the room wouldnt close properly so i had to wedge a chair against it to keep it closed. The window was blocked with a kind of frosted coating and there was a noisy machine outside it.
I didnt sleep a wink because i could hear people moving around in the room above me, in the room on my left and in the room on my right. Sqeaky floorboards all night. Its as if the walls are made of paper.

Staff were friendly and food was nice but i wouldnt stay here again...no way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear The_Python

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post your review about your time spent with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your food in our Bar Area and the staff you encountered.
However naturally I am very disappointed that possible noise from rooms around you caused you not to sleep.

I have checked with maintenance and I am not aware of problems with bedroom door locks, all bedroom doors can be locked from the inside to for guests own security.

I hope you feel welcome to contact me personally at The Killarney Royal Hotel should you wish to speak with me with regards your stay and I do again express my disappointment that you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Warm Regards