“Fantastic local treasure”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
belfast
“Fantastic local treasure”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed here on a number of occasions through work and it is one of my favourite hotels. All the staff are very personable and warm. the rooms are very big, quiet and warm and it is only about a 3 minute walk to the main street. I have eaten in the bar a few times and it is of a very high standard. This is an absolute gem of a hotel and what makes it really stand out is the staff and service. I see someone else described it as old world charm and that to me perfectly sums it up.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank benjsda
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear benjsda

Thank you for taking the time for writing a review of your stays with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. We really do appreciate guests who come to stay with us and like yourself who use us on a regular basis. It is with great pleasure I read that you enjoy to stay and eat with us and I thank you for your support. We do try to create a friendly atmosphere to work in and this in turn we hope guests will feel this when they stay or eat with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Killarney Royal Hotel.

Warm regards

Brian Scally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We only had I night here but it was great.The food and location were excellent with friendly staff to assist . Was nice to be given proper tea and ice and water was brought to room. would recommend a stay here

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank mcguinnesspatrick547
Dear mcguinnesspatrick547

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. We very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope next time you get to extend your visit to more than one night!.

I hope you get the opportunity to come and stay with us again and enjoy even more of our tea.

Kind regards

Brian Scally
Palmyra, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a week in Ireland, with a 5 night stay at this hotel between September 21st and 25th. Applause, Applause. This is one great hotel for anyone looking for a small hotel in the heart of Killarney. Our room (109) was quite large, very nice bathroom and very comfortable bed. The view out our window was into a wall, but few people travel to Ireland to sit in a hotel room and stare out a window. Special thanks to the great service by the bar staff, Joanne, Patrick and Mike. The food was excellent! Continental breakfast was an excellent selection of options, plus you can order off the menu. The lobby area has a large sitting area with a fireplace and one night a piano player entertained the guests. This hotel is right in the heart of Killarney, within walking distance to many stores and other sights. If we return, we will certainly book this hotel for our stay.

1 Thank WEVR
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear WEVR,

Thank you for taking time to write such a lovely review. I will pass on your great comments to all of my Staff, we strive to maintain our standards to ensure all of our Guests enjoy great hospitality and service while being a guest of Killarney Royal Hotel.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We arrived in our rental car and parked up the street. The staff immediately took over. They parked the car in the lot, brought our luggage up to our room and immediately made us feel at home. The decor is country house warm. Our room was spacious and clean. (The practice putter was a fun touch.) We were given good advice about Ring of Kerry tours. The dinner was exceptional, better I think than Ballymaloe House. Mike, our server, was the same friendly, helpful chap who handled our luggage. The next day, the bags were in the trunk and the car parked in front so when we returned from our tour we hopped in and set off for Cork.

Dear james r

I have great pleasure and delight in reading your wonderful comments. Thank you very much for taking time to write such a review. I will let my Staff know how much you enjoyed your visit.
We do rely on customer feed-back to ensure our Guests leave with memories like yours.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Really enjoyed our visit to Killarney and the Killarney Royal Hotel. Stayed for 3 nights to tour the Kerry area and had a fun, busy time. Hotel staff was outstanding and so friendly. Room was above average but not the best we've had on our trip. View was across an alley to an office type building so nothing to look at at all. But when you're in Killarney there's no reason to sit in your room anyway.

1 Thank japindy
Dear japindy,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay, and I take all your comments on board. We do rely on customer feed-back to help us maintain standards. I hope you will re-visit the Killarney Royal in the future.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the best hotel we stayed in during our entire stay in Ireland! The service, ambiance and amenties were unbeatable. The room was wonderful and large! The bathroom was gorgeous, all marble, very large and comfortable! Dinner and breakfast were both great as well, delicious food and great service! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 593MaryA
Dear Mary A,
Thank you very much for your delightful review, and 'Thank you' for taking time to post your comments. I am always heartened to know my Guests have a wonderful stay while in Killarney Royal Hotel. Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We spent three nights here with our group of six couples. Our entire experience here was nothing short of top shelf, including accommodating our early morning golfers with a special early breakfast. The rooms are excellent & very comfortable, and the staff is as good as you will encounter anywhere, period.
Thanks to all for helping to make our Ireland experience so enjoyable. We WILL be back!

2 Thank Mike H
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Mike H,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am delighted to know my Staff and services lived up to your expectations. It is a pleasure to know our Guests enjoy every aspect of their visit to Killarney Royal Hotel, and leave with wonderful memories. We do rely on customer feedback to help us maintain our standards, and I look forward to welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Brian.