“such a nice place!!”

Coolwood Wildlife Park
Ranked #53 of 111 things to do in Killarney
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was our second trip to this wildlife park! Its very peaceful and scenic!! The animals are very well treated. Lots of birds and animals to see. My boy aged 6 had freedom to run around. Well worth a visit. Good value and very accessible from killarney

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Day #53 on my #100happydays journey on facebook brought me to Coolwood Wildlife Park after work this afternoon &
Just Wow!

After your initial walk up the main path you encounter this explosion of sound & vision and your senses will be going 90!
It divides into Wetland & Grassland areas & you're invited to visit all aspects and you certainly should.

Just beautiful surroundings.

Attached are only some images I captured with the last being the send-off I got from the Wetlands area

1  Thank MaireOD
Reviewed April 23, 2014

.Took a visit to Coolwood yesterday as there was a review on Welfare issues of these animals. Let me tell you i saw nothing wrong there what so ever. I am currently studying animal welfare in college and no what is envolved. The birds of prey were in top condition and well fed and breeding signs of happy healthy birds. As captive birds they had plenty of space. The Iguana couldnt be in a better habitat. Sun light isnt a requirment to these animals. People often keep these as pets in there homes in small vivariums with artifical lighting. I have an Iguana myself and this boy at coolwood had 5 star accomadation. He could get plenty daylight as his enclosure was made of glass they also had a heat lamp which is perfect to make a heat gradient for these animals. I then moved on to this "suicidal skunk" which is not what i found. I found a happy animal sleeping in his bed plenty of room to forage and a meal of veg and fruit waiting for him. Obviously suicide was far from his mind . The raccoons were my next concern i found the female raccon on a bed that was elevated off the ground with straw it was protected from the rain and she seemed safe to me. If this animal didnt feel that her young were safe she would be carrying them around in a frantic manner to find a save haven but she was relaxed and sleeping. they also provided a tunnel for her to place her young which is ideal but obviously she was happier on the bed. The male didnt seem bored he was cluimding the trees trunks and washing his food in the water and the last thing i would think is he was bored if anything he looked mentally stimuated with the enrichment provided for him. i feel that i had to right this review for others thinking of going her. it was enjoyable to got to a place were the animal are well cared for unlike other places i have visited. i will be back for the summer. Great place to be.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

All I can say is that someone from the ISPCA should pay a visit, we were very concerned by the filth, lack of space in the cages, birds of pray in tiny enclosures with barely any space to move, an iguana who could do with some sunlight and a skunk who looked suicidal from boredom, they had a tiny raccoon run with a male and female, she has just given birth and had no where safe and secure to sleep the male just walked around in circles bored senseless. A definite wildlife concern.

5  Thank Mairead M
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our third year running to visit coolwood. The staff were so nice, we sent ages speaking to lady that worked there. It was lovely to be able to see and rub the animals. The animals are so friendly. We loved the male lemur that was out running around. Like I said, this was our third time and it won't be our last!! Would highly recommend!!

1  Thank Joye N