“Fantastic fish and chips”

Quinlans Seafood Bar
Ranked #6 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed for Renovations from 11 Jan 2016 to the 8th Feb. Make sure to visit in feb for our re-opening specials. Tucked away on New Street in Killarney Quinlans Seafood Bar may be one of the most satisfying dining experiences around. Quinlan's is unique in Ireland as it serves Fresh Fish and Shellfish from its own boats, landed daily in County Kerry. Quinlan's Killarney and Quinlans Tralee) tempt diners with fresh seasonal fish and seafood in a casually elegant setting. Fresh Hake, Cod, Haddock, Whiting and Plaice,from Dingle bay are available throughout the year and each day a range of specials depending on what and has been landed that morning is available. If you love your seafood you must visit us to sample the best and freshest Fish and Chips, shellfish specials and 'the catch of the day'. We also do take away (order by phone) and courier delivery of smoked salmon and fresh fish (from our website). All trip advisor customers can avail of specials by quoting the TRIPADVOR1 voucher code.
Stuttgart, Germany
“Fantastic fish and chips”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Craved some fish and chips while walking through town and stumbled into Quinlans. I ordered cod and onion rings and my mom ordered haddock and chips. Both were fantastic. Great, friendly service. Food was done fast and was amazing. If I went to the town again I'd stop here to get fish and chips. Best place!

Hello jordanschorer,
Thank you for your review and your visit.
Glad you enjoyed the Cod and Haddock both are the classics for fish and chips.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great place for fish”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Seafood chowder was best I've had in Ireland. Fish and chips were huge! Consider sharing. Way too much food for any sane person :)
Best place in Killarney. Not dandy, but very friendly and clean. There will be a wait to get in, but maybe arrive early (4:30-5:00) to avoid frustration. We waited 10 min. at 6:00, but were lucky, and it was on a Wednesday before tourist season.
Recommend highly for a reasonably priced evening meal.

• Visited May 2014
Hello Bizz-Traveler987,
Thank you for your review.I am happy that you enjoyed your visit and in particular the chowder.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays in Killarney.
Cork, Ireland
“Don't chow on the chowder”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was wandering through Killarney on a recent busy May weekend. The Killarney tourist is a different type of animal. The kind that would watch John Fords legendary film "the quite man" twenty times in a row. Prior to the Northern Ireland peace process, Killarney had more tourist beds than all of northern Ireland. It still has more 5 star accommodation than Connaught, or Cork, and possibly 30k beds. So you would expect a great selection of cafes, bars, and restaurants, to cater for the hundreds of thousands of tourists.

Quinlans sea food bar, rated very highly on trip advisor so I decided to give it a twist. I was intrigued, its clearly a fish and chip shop, but they have a sea food chowder option on the menu. That's very unusual I thought, must mean the fish is fresh and battered on site so thats a great sign. The place was heaving too, whioch is always a good sign. The punters like what they taste. It was so busy I had to try three times. Eventually the stomick crowed the third time and I was lucky to get a seat. I declined a menu and went straight for the sea food chowder and some onion rings.

The sea food chowder was more like a sea food smoothie, with a few lobs of salmon thrown in, the cream had clotted but was obviously whisked into the soup. I couldn't touch it so I sent it back. The waitress seems to be upset, but could see that it didn't look appetising. The best chowder I've ever had was served out of a wooden barna shed in Martas Vineyard, so there is no reason why it can't work in a fresh fish and chip shop.

All in all Quinlans is a 3/5 it was my choice to try the chowder. The rest of what I saw looked good, its clean, staff are curt but professional, and the onion rings were fresh made. I think they should take the chowder off the menu the rest of the menu is perfect.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SunnyHarry
Hello SunnyHarry,
Thank you for your review.I remember your visit and you indeed did return your chowder without even tasting it,i admit the cream had split but you were offered another fresh one which you declined.We use all kinds of fish in our chowder as I believe that a good chowder must have variety,how you established that there was only Salmon without tasting it I don't know.
We are in the business of selling good wholesome food made from scratch and yes sometimes we don't get it correct but we put our hands up as did your server who was not upset but disappointed that the chowder was not up to our normal standards.
I hope this will not deter you from returning again,
Liam Quinlan.
“Superb Fish & Chips!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Our tour guide told us that for the best fish and chips we must try Quinlan's. He said they had the best fish! There is usually a wait to get in for dinner. I guess a lot of people know of its reputation. We lucked out! Weather was miserable, it pouring and not that many people were out that night. We were seated immediately. The fish and chips were superb! Service was prompt and friendly. Place was small and cute. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a traditional fish and chips experience.

LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Hello Gloria L,
Thank you for your review.Sorry we couldn't do anything about the weather however I am glad you enjoyed your meal.
NC
“Good food at good price”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The dining room was small and full. Our fish and chips were delicious. The price was right. I recommend for a good, fast, value-minded meal.

LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hello Eliza_nc,
Thank you for your review,delighted that you enjoyed your meal and I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays.