“Best fish and chips ever”

Quinlans Seafood Bar
Ranked #5 of 183 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, British, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closed for Renovations from 11 Jan 2016 to the 8th Feb. Make sure to visit in feb for our re-opening specials. Tucked away on New Street in Killarney Quinlans Seafood Bar may be one of the most satisfying dining experiences around. Quinlan's is unique in Ireland as it serves Fresh Fish and Shellfish from its own boats, landed daily in County Kerry. Quinlan's Killarney and Quinlans Tralee) tempt diners with fresh seasonal fish and seafood in a casually elegant setting. Fresh Hake, Cod, Haddock, Whiting and Plaice,from Dingle bay are available throughout the year and each day a range of specials depending on what and has been landed that morning is available. If you love your seafood you must visit us to sample the best and freshest Fish and Chips, shellfish specials and 'the catch of the day'. We also do take away (order by phone) and courier delivery of smoked salmon and fresh fish (from our website). All trip advisor customers can avail of specials by quoting the TRIPADVOR1 voucher code.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best fish and chips ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Went here on recommendation from Triona of Rossarney Town House. Fantastic service. They were very busy but the waitress took time to help with our selections. Food was quick to come and was wonderful. Generous serving and the mushy peas were fantastic

Visited April 2014
LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Anne L,
Thank you for your kind and glowing review.
Yes it is busy at this time however we always try to make your visit special.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays in Killarney,Irelands Tourism Capital.

winterton
“Once again with pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Restaurant reviews on newspapers tend to the expensive end and are not always to be trusted for the hype contained in the writeups. These kind of "writers" probably would not be caught dead in our kind of eatery. This why i like Quinlans so much - unpretentious and simple but absoutely excellent value for money and delicious for your stomach. Add pleasant Staff and you will feel assured that your comfort is their priority. This is my fourth bienniel visit and i am NEVER disappointed by anything
in the place - consistent is the hallmark in cooking quality and ambience.

• Visited March 2014
LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello brendanst,
Thank you for your kind review,i am delighted that you keep returning to us on your visits to Killarney and that we don't disappoint you.
Co Cork
“Gorgeous Fish - Ok Squid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went in here last week for the first time even though I have been meaning to go in here for the last 3 trips to Killarney. Anyway, finally got in here, we got a table by the window, great, very good service.
My mum and partner both ordered the cod and i decided to order the squid as I could still try their cod and they could try my squid. I asked if the squid was in batter or breaded. The waitress said it was floured. I said ok.
The fish arrived for my mum and partner and it looked beautiful and tasted gorgeous. My squid arrived and it looked quite pale with the flour effect, quite small rings of squid and it was nice...it was ok...but a bit bland I am disappointed to say as I had heard great things about this place and was expecting amazing flavours. I have had squid in other places that was so much better.
However, I would still go back and have the cod there, it was lovely but I would not try the squid again!

Hello Totalamnesia,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit and I can only apologise that the squid wasn't to your liking,i look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Columbus, Georgia
“Really enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

As it was Ash Wednesday it was really busy. But they didn't miss a beat & the food was plentiful and tasty. Highly worth a visit.

LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello Garry H,
Thank you for your review.Glad you enjoyed your recent holiday in Killarney,IRELANDS TOURIST CAPITAL.
Dublin, Ireland
“Couldn't be improved on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We bought take out fish and chips for 13! Everything was excellent and they even gave us full bottles of ketchup and vinegar as well as little tubs of tartare sauce and some mushy peas. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hello Andrew G,
Thank you for your review we really appreciate that our quality produce is as good even when we served you all together,it was made easier by the fact you all had Haddock.
Our Haddock at present is exceptional thanks to Cathal Bpyle and his crew of the Velvet Chord.