“Plaza Hotel bar and grill”
Review of Plaza Bar & Grill

Plaza Bar & Grill
Ranked #90 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were very tired travelers and had a group of 10. The Plaza accommodated us and the food was excellent

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had a short stop here recently during a holiday. The decor is fabulous and the food was very good. The service was outstanding - friendly and helpful. I would consider a stay in this hotel in the future as a result.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was delightful. The salmon was tasty but a bit fatty. The potato and salmon cake was excellent. The service was very good. We would go again for dinner. Dainius' service was very good and very professional.

1  Thank momlewis09
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I purchased some vouchers few weeks ago for a sharing platter and glass of wine for 2. That was a great opportunity to check the place out.While booking a table I felt very uncomfortable because the staff member was trying hard to force me to declare that I will also order more food from the bar menu, as according to him "most people treat it as a starter before the meal". I often use vouchers from Groupon or other companies as a way to test a new place and then i usually decide if I want to order something else.
The next day accompanied by a friend I went to sample the offer. It was nice, selection of meats and cheese with a garlic bread and glass of a chilled wine.Very satisfying snack.
That prompt me to try something off the menu another day on my lunch break.
I ordered a chicken wrap which was served with salad and chips.The wrap was ok, the chips were inedible -cold and soggy looked like some leftover from a previous table handed over to me. The salad consisted of few lettuce leaves, half a cherry tomato and very thin slice of cucumber with a vinegar dressing -definitely not fresh as the tomato and cucumber looked like a pickle.
While eating my wrap was trying to decide if to complain or not. Nobody came to check if I was ok with the food.The restaurant was quiet , only 3-4 tables taken. After finishing I went up to the counter had to wait 5 min for someone to notice me.I was handed the bill silently, the waiter did not even looked at me or asked if it was ok.Then i thought my complaint would be pointless as they don't really care.
Still had 1 more voucher for the sharing platter to use.Went last week with another friend. What a disappointment !!. Half the size of the one I got few weeks ago.Few tiny bits of cheese and as of meat only salami(last time there was 5 different types of meat), few of the slices were dry and old.Awful.Sometimes i wonder why people bother to offer something for an attractive price when at the same time they believe is not worth it so they trying to get rid of leftovers.
Anyway I am not going to eat in that place again.Will stick to my favorites in the future

3  Thank nerisaKillarney
Reviewed July 26, 2013

In such a popular resort as Killarney, in one of the most popular hotels in the strict city centre, the prices at this restaurant are really acceptable. Food has been excellent, prepared with care, beautifully served. Service as very appropriate, we have arrived very late (at 9:30 pm) and had been treated correctly. The restaurant itself is very beautiful, there are different sections, including tables that allow more privacy.
So if you're staying at Killarney Plaza Hotel or in the neighboorhood, instead of scouting around and entering an overprices restaurants, settle for Plaza Bar and Grill and enjoy a pleasant evening.