“Highly Recommending”
Review of Danu at The Brehon

Danu at The Brehon
Ranked #22 of 201 Restaurants in Killarney
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Danú at The Brehon have a team of award-winning international chefs who are lead by our Head Chef Chad Byrne. Chad’s philosophy on food is to use fresh Irish produce served with a modern flair keeping ingredients simple yet elegant.Our team of international award winning chefs have created a menu of classical dishes with ethnic influences while still mindful of our tradition of keeping wholesome rustic cooking to the forefront.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food was delicious. We are both vegetarian and were provided with a vegetarian menu to choose from which was great. Staff and service were excellent - went the extra mile! Dinner was included in our package deal so that was an added bonus!

2  Thank DDee_11

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had dinner while staying here and it wasn't up to the standard you would expect from a four star hotel. I had the monkfish starter which I must say was the high point of a meal that went to very average after. My partner had the goats cheese starter which also was good. I then had the steak which was over done and dry, my partner had the bass in which she found a bone which put her off. The desserts were ok, nothing special. And the wine was very price, €8 per glass of merlot and a bottle of Chardonnay that was €26 on the menu but were charged €32 on leaving as tax had to be added!!!!! Dining here was ok, not at all brilliant.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Did not stay at the hotel this time, just ate in the bar. Was sitting for ten mins without getting served. Went up to the bar to give order and was advised by waitress (Claire) that she was just coming to us. Think I may have ruffled her feathers by going up to the bar as she was not a bit friendly after that. For a ***** hotel, I was suprised that the cutlery was brought to the table in a glass and left to put out yourself. Also, carpet floor was not clean, needed to be hoovered.
Chicken wings and mushroom soup excellent. However, sirlion steaks not worth the E23.50 that was charged. Piece of meat very small and tough. Very disappointed.
I have stayed at hotel on a different occasion and must admit breakfast is excellent. Loads to choose from, extensive buffet, hot and cold. Was disappointed with the room decor also, I have stayed in lower star hotels and they were much nicer.

2  Thank MSR186605
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Went for a meal here on bank holiday weekend. I informed at booking we had a disabled person in our party and they facilitated us well. Food lovely 3 courses for 40 euros. No one rushing you and plenty of time between courses to digest your food. Just a little piano background music even on a cd would be nice

3  Thank cacosk
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went here in 2012 for a meal. Stayed at the Lake hotel up the way. Food was beautiful. Staff friendly. A little pricy but worth it. Stayed for a drink in the lovely foyer. Try it out.

1  Thank Badonicus