“Very nice, great location, yummy breakfast”
Review of The Ross

The Ross
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Arizona, USA
“Very nice, great location, yummy breakfast”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This boutique hotel is just amazing. 29 rooms but it has all the amenities of a big hotel. We only stayed one night but I would've loved to stay more. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in Killarney. Very chic, trendy, hip. Room was quite large, clean, great hair dryer (not the kind attached to the wall). Bathroom was very large with separate tub and shower. Staff was very friendly and the lounge area, breakfast restaurant, bar were very nice and popular. The included breakfast was cooked to order from a menu. Manager Bart was super friendly and helpful and spent a lot of time talking with us while we waited for food. The 3rd floor had a nice little balcony outside by the elevator which was nice to sit outside for fresh air in the morning or night. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I think we were in room 303. Large, lovely view of the church next door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank outdoorz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in the beautiful Ross for one night on June 6th for a little relaxing break. We were greeted at the reception by the hotel manager who was very warm and welcoming. We had arrived at noon which was early for check-in but our room was ready so we were able to go to our room straight away which was brilliant. Our room was lovely and quite spacious and stylishly designed. We dined in the hotels gorgeous CellarOne restaurant where we were served by such friendly, attentive staff Bart and Kerry. Food was delicious! The restaurant is a must. After dinner we went up to the cocktail bar The Lane bar and tried a variety of the gorgeous cocktails. The barman was exceptionally nice and made the best cocktails in Killarney! Thank you for the beautiful stay!

Room Tip: Deluxe double room 105 was fab!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank purple12j
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Ross Hotel for two nights in May. The hotel was fabulous. This was the largest room that I have ever had on a trip to Europe - with windows on both sides, a sitting area with two armchairs, a fire place and a refrigerator. The hotel's decor is on the modern side (don't miss the Pink Lounge) but was not stark. The hotel is well located, close to the park and the shops and restaurants in the area. We had cocktails and food at the bar in the hotel and enjoyed that as well. The breakfasts were also great - a nice variety on the buffet and on the cook to order menu. Only negative was eating breakfast in the restaurant, which was in the basement. Otherwise, stay here when in Killarney.

Room Tip: We had room 310 - and my sister had room 210 - both are at the end of the building so had windows on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mdgpcp
Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was in Killarney last weekend visiting friends and decided to go for dinner in The Ross. We were greeted and seated by Bart who was very friendly and professional. Beautiful decor, great atmosphere and great food. Three of us had the tequila prawn with rice as recommended by Bart and we loved it.. They also make very nice cocktail in the bar which was amazing. Great service, fantastic place.We will definitely be back..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mel483
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed four nights at the Ross and loved every minute. The staff are simply wonderful and the hotel is a beautiful, modern and whimsically decorated property. Our room was large, overlooking a beautiful church. It, as the entire hotel, was beautifully decorated in a very avant fashion. The hotel is in the town centre but not so close that you get the noise from the main street, which can become a boisterous place. The Ross is clearly a meeting place for town folk since it has such a hip bar and food menu. And the food here is delicious. We ended up eating dinner at the Ross twice after long days made up too tired to go out. They also have a cappuccino bar in the lobby. If I ever returned to Killarney, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michelle H
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Loved this hotel. It was so modern and up to date. The decor was amazing and big kudos to the designer. We were on the 3rd floor and were greated with a lovely balcony once the doors of the lift opened. Our room was perfect big size and the shower in the bathroom massive. Breakfast was freshly made which is always a bonus in a hotel. The hotel also has a great cocktail bar which is a nice was to spend the evening.
We just had one problem - at 7.30 on the Saturday morning there was someone using a strimmer in the grounds of the church next door which woke us. We were not able to get back to sleep because it continued for about 45 mins. It might be worth having a word with them re the times they do their gardening ;-)
Other than that the hotel is great and we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cailindeas30
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

One issue before I sing my praises: "Town Centre" does not cut it as an address for this New York navigator. After driving around for many times, my friend accosted a gas station attendant who escorted us to the hotel despite our surly attitudes. I let the hotel receptionist know my frustration in my subtle New York way (as my wife winced with embarrassment).

Well, EILEEN took it all in stride, listened to my rant about the address and a carpark mishap and, while I was upstairs in my very nice room, she called the carpark owner to fix the problem, and offered to walk me out to my car and get me situated at the free parking located at their sister hotel across the street. And guess what? I managed not to scare all of Ireland for the rest of my trip. In part due to Eileen's unspoken reminder that cool kindness catches more flies than vinegary New York rants. Thanks, E!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends