“BRILLIANT HEN LOCATION!”
Review of The Ross

The Ross
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I organised my friend's hen here from the 1st and 2nd February. From the first phone call I made to the hotel, I knew that this was where we were going to spend the weekend. I dealt with Marzena who was an absolutely joy to deal with. She was so helpful and courteous at all times and was great when I had to ring to change the guest's requirements etc.

We arrived down on the Friday afternoon and had the most amazing afternoon tea! They had advertised it as light afternoon tea in the package and I was only expecting tea/coffee and maybe a few biscuits. But it was WAY more than that. We got lovely sambos, scones, and cake in the Pink Lounge and spent most of the night there drinking amazing cocktails!

The rooms are fantastic and so spacious! The beds are so comfy and the pressure in the shower is brilliant (very important for hair washing!). We didn't spend much time in the rooms but everyone was raving about how pretty and girly the hotel was.

Breakfast was just incredible! You know it's going to be a good breakfast when you are handed a menu and see pancakes on it! We didn't have to wait very long to be served and the staff once again were so polite and helpful. I can categorically say that it is worth getting up for even if you have a bit of a hangover!

We ate in Celler One Restaurant and it was...........yep you've guessed it, amazing! There were plenty of hens there but yet there was always staff around to serve us and look after our hungry bellies. The staff even arranged to serve us a cake that we had brought down with us which was really nice!

Location is brilliant. It is just a 5min walk from the train station and so central for the town centre. So much better than organising taxis etc.

All in all just a great weekend! I can definitely recommend this for a hen or girly weekend. I'm not too sure about couples however, their heads might be a bit wrecked from shrieking girls!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mo1984

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just back from a wonderful stay at The Ross, Killarney. Staff are amazing, so professional and friendly and we would like to say a huge "Thank You". The hotel rooms are fantastic, cosy, spacious and spotless. The restaurant is spectacular, food is great and the best breakfast ever is served. We would highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back and stay again. Honestly can say that there is nothing to change at The Ross and would highly recommend this as the best hotel to stay in when visiting Killarney. Thanks again to all the staff for a wonderful weekend in the perfect surroundings. Barbara & Mark

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Although local to the area, I recently stayed as party of a hen party- wow! Room ( although small) had an amazing view of adjacent church, service was generally good, and the package the hotel put together was unbeatable! In the heart of killarney.. Parking questionable... Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank SLoughnane
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just back from a weekend at The Ross and I wish my stay was longer. Just a few mins walk from the train station, we checked in with ease and off to our rooms. We stayed on the 2nd floor in what I would describe as a mini suite. Decor was great very relaxing, bed was so comfortable, I could go on but so much more to say. Down to the bar for some afternoon tea & cocktails, staff were brilliant in bar for food & drink service. Breakfast Buffett table could be better but hot food is made to order and gorgeous I would recommend the pancakes. Heading to Killarney park for some treatments then back to get ready for dinner. Menu was a little bit 2 much fish but that's my opinion no complaints from the rest of the girls. Again staff were fantastic, one lady who was on for breakfast was also there for dinner so I think a manger is excellent at her job and always had a smile and nice friendly chat throughout our time in the hotel. Staff are a credit from the lady in the restaurant ( sorry now I didn't get her name), girls in the bar who served us food most days & the barmen who made great cocktails. I could type so much more but needless to say I can't wait to return with my hubby very soon

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great hotel, its standard is that you would find in a top hotel in a large City, can highly recommend it to anyone staying in Killarney.Staff are top of their field. Its something you dont see very often.

Room Tip: 306 Looks like a far bigger room that the one we stayed in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VincentBick
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just returned from a great weekend break at the Ross Hotel. Great location, we parked our car (in sister car park across the road) and had no need to drive again for the duration of our stay, everything you need is within minutes from the hotel.
I can honestly say if I tried to find faults in this hotel I couldn't. Rooms are immaculate and furnished to the highest of standard, staff are very welcoming & friendly- add a nice atmosphere to the hotel. (that includes the night porter, they are only happy to help you out)
The food from the Lane Bar was really delicious and very reasonably priced, and Saturday night it has a great buzz here. You must try their range of Cocktails!!!
We plan to return to the Ross during the summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMcG2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I rated this hotel a 5 across the board simply because it deserves it. From the second we arrived we were looked after. And,not because it's their job to do so, it was much more than that.
From Eileen and rest of the ladies on the front desk to the lads who waited on us in the Lane Bar,we could not have asked for more. The lads in the bar stood out especially with their friendly manner and banter but also never straying off the job at hand. Even the house keeping staff and the night porter were fantastic with us. Overall, The Ross has a great crew of employees working together.
Hotel was spotless,as was the room. Location,couldn't have been better.
Value,excellent. Food, some of the best we've tasted.
Lane Bar,excellent spot with a brilliant resident DJ.
If you've never been,you should. No if's,no but's...just do it. You won't be disappointed.

Paul and Alison Forde