“Fab Hotel”
Review of The Ross

The Ross
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great hotel, its standard is that you would find in a top hotel in a large City, can highly recommend it to anyone staying in Killarney.Staff are top of their field. Its something you dont see very often.

Room Tip: 306 Looks like a far bigger room that the one we stayed in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VincentBick

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just returned from a great weekend break at the Ross Hotel. Great location, we parked our car (in sister car park across the road) and had no need to drive again for the duration of our stay, everything you need is within minutes from the hotel.
I can honestly say if I tried to find faults in this hotel I couldn't. Rooms are immaculate and furnished to the highest of standard, staff are very welcoming & friendly- add a nice atmosphere to the hotel. (that includes the night porter, they are only happy to help you out)
The food from the Lane Bar was really delicious and very reasonably priced, and Saturday night it has a great buzz here. You must try their range of Cocktails!!!
We plan to return to the Ross during the summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMcG2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I rated this hotel a 5 across the board simply because it deserves it. From the second we arrived we were looked after. And,not because it's their job to do so, it was much more than that.
From Eileen and rest of the ladies on the front desk to the lads who waited on us in the Lane Bar,we could not have asked for more. The lads in the bar stood out especially with their friendly manner and banter but also never straying off the job at hand. Even the house keeping staff and the night porter were fantastic with us. Overall, The Ross has a great crew of employees working together.
Hotel was spotless,as was the room. Location,couldn't have been better.
Value,excellent. Food, some of the best we've tasted.
Lane Bar,excellent spot with a brilliant resident DJ.
If you've never been,you should. No if's,no but's...just do it. You won't be disappointed.

Paul and Alison Forde

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Fordey79
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I organised a dinner for friends celebrating a big birthday recently - 20 people. When I was reviewing locations, and contacting hotels - the staff at The Ross were eager to understand our requirements and promptly came back with options for the group. I went ahead and booked with them. I must say they were fantastic. All of the staff were so helpful and pleasant - they couldn't do enough for us. Our meal was top class. Our rooms were modern, comfortable and clean.
We even re-arranged the furniture in the Pink Lounge to suit our group sing-song - and the hotel had no issues with it. I would have no hesitation recomending this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joan O
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a suite which was fab with a gas fire. The bedding in the room is so comfortable it was difficult to get out of bed! All the staff are so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was extensive so everyone will be kept happy. The decor is very funky and modern. Would recommend having lunch elsewhere as found it was quite expensive for a shared large starter, two mains and four pints for €70! Only other draw back is the noise from the side ally but as was pointed out to us by staff, that's what you have to deal with in a town centre hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank AnnMarie M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

had a fab dinner here recently. Food, staff etc was really good, very busy, great atmosphere.
Went back for bar food one evening. Very poor, over an hour waiting to be served our main course from when we sat down. Food was not to standard, and was not quite cold but not hot either. I think the fault here is the bar staff, while very nice are quite young and not really paying attention to tables, and checking with kitchen. But the restaurant was really really good, again the staff in restaurant are what i could only call well experienced.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rufusbuddy
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Ross in Killarney is definitely my favorite hotel. From the minute you walk in the door, you feel at home. The staff who checked us in couldn't have been any more polite and helpful. I was thrilled to see that myself and my friend were given a suite. This really made my day. I was part of a group of 13 Girls who were all staying in The Ross for my Hen Party. We got a fantastic deal of 1 Nights B&B & Dinner & A glass of Bubbly & Afternoon Tea for €99 per person sharing a Triple Room or €110 per person sharing a Double Room. We had drinks in the funky bar before we went to get ready for dinner and this was a great experience. Lovely finger food and fab Cocktails in the Bar, which itself is a very comfortable, colorful and trendy bar. The bedrooms are absolutely amazing in this hotel. Extremely Clean, All Very Modern and what can I say about the Beds only HEAVEN..... Dinner was included in our Package and this as well was top class. The Choice on the menu was very plentiful and service was great even though they were very busy with a lot of tables full of people having dinner. I personally cant comment on Breakfast as I didnt make it down in time but we had Afternoon Tea also as part of our Package and this was such a lovely treat of sandwiches, scones and a few chocolate treats along with Tea and Coffee.

I had stayed here once before with my partner and I can honestly say that The Ross is the hotel I will chose forever more when I am heading for Killarney. If you haven't stayed here before then definitely put is on your list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Room 110 is PERFECT for a Romantic Getaway Room 106 is a very big size room also if you have a gro...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends