“Greatest thing I did while I was in Ireland! :)”
Review of Kennedy's Pet Farm

Kennedy's Pet Farm
Ranked #19 of 117 things to do in Killarney
More attraction details
Owner description: All weather pet farm with indoor and outdoor playgrounds. Lots of baby animals to pet and cuddle. Open February to October 10am to 5pm.
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I had so much fun getting to pet the pets! I also got to feed a little lamb, and the people are so friendly! I loved it! I would certainly suggest this to everyone of all ages! :)

All reviews
"love animals"
"great indoor"
"sand pit"
in 3 reviews
"huge variety of animals"
"picnic benches"
in 22 reviews
"deer"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We recently went to this Pet Farm, just outside Killarney on the Cork Rd for my daughters 7th Birthday. We had previously called to check the place out beforehand for the Birthday Party and were a little unsure as to whether it would be suitable for 10 kids because we were worried that they wouldnt have enough to do and that unlike the other birthday party venues there was no chicken nuggets or sausages and chips. We decided to go ahead and armed with my wife, my parents, my buddy and my eldest son to supervise we arrived at the Pet Farm at 1pm on a saturday. Weather was warm with an occassional drizzle. WOW, WOW, WOW What a day we all had.
Firstly it is not just a pet farm, it is a picnic area, it has a cafe, it has an indoor sandpit, an indoor wooden play area, an indoor eating area if required, riverside walks, a play area called shaky bridge (My Ma wouldnt get off this), the friendliest of animals from deer to pot bellied pigs roaming freely around, 3 old buses kitted out with tables to have your picnic together, a toddlers section and it has the most relaxed, professional and friendly staff. Getting back to the party- well there was absolutely nothing to worry about and very little supervising. the kids fell in love with all the animals there especially the puppies and really enjoyed playing on one of the buses and generally running around. My advice is dont take your kids here if you are expecting Disneyland or Dublin Zoo but if you would like to see the eyes of your kids or teens or even the elderly light up with something as simple as joy and enjoy some of finer things in this ever hectic life of ours like a good view, fresh air and a cuppa well this place will be the most pleasant of surprises. It costs €8.00 per person, child or adult and I would advise buyiny feed for the animals at 50c a bag. Dont forget your camera.The place is extremely well kept, animals are all very healthy looking and as said before the staff are pure gems.Am looking forward to going back again.

1  Thank Henry H
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Only an hour outside Cork and well worth the spin! A wonderful day had by us all ! Great for the small ones, our best family trip in a long time! Animals wander around freely just mind your picnic!
We were ambushed by a pair of mischievous deer and a few kids ( the four legged type! ), laughed so much , finally we retreated to the safety of a converted 70's bus which had been decked out with tables! Watch out for Peppa pig! She has a nose that only the perfumeries of Paris would be jealous of ! She could search out grub from anywhere! Definitely worth a visit , well worth the fee , just make sure to bring extra food for the locals! Planning our next visit soon! And be sure to be there about half 4 for bottlefeeding of the young kids and lambs!Thanks to the Kennedy Family!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This lovely little pet farm is great with lots of animals wandering free around you. Also be sure bring a picnic with some greens for the goats and rabbits that will be in the eating area with you but there are seats and picnic tables so no one will have their lunch stolen by a cunning goat

See more reviews
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The admission to the farm were included in our hotel package. Even though our time was tight in Killarney we stopped out one afternoon for the kids to have a go. It is about 10 minutes outside of town, and very easy to find.

The owners were aware of our arrival and greeted us warmly upon our arrival. A truly delightful couple. The farm is quaint and lovely. The scenery is amazing and the views wont disappoint.

Our daughters were treated to lots of baby animals given the spring time season of our visit. This included a brand new baby goat, lamb and puppies. All of which they were able to hold and pet. They even gave our oldest daughter a special chance to feed the baby lamb from a bottle. She was enthralled by the experience.

They also had a nice playground for the kids to play and get some energy out. We would recommend this is a stop on your Killarney adventures for the family.

1  Thank ithacacouple