“Great hotel and Great Value”

Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Ireland
“Great hotel and Great Value”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Stayed at the Killarney Towers at the beginning of the month. My friend and I really had a great time staying there. We got a great internet deal, stay 2 nights and get the third night free. Check in was courteous and efficient and we were delighted with our room, nice fluffy towels and bathrobe and slippers were an added bonus. We had food in the bar both evenings and really enjoyed it on both occaisions, there seems to be music in the main bar of the hotel every evening of the week, it was lively and we enjoyed the craic. We liked Killarney, there were some lovely bars and restaurants and it was central for us to drive to other parts like Slea head and Dingle. Killarney is a busy town and the Towers is right in the heart of it, so I expect it can be noisy at times, however we were on the third floor and were oblivious to any activities that were going on once we eventually hit the pillow for the night. I hope to visit Kerry again and will definitely return to the Towers

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank clooneriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This hotel was wonderful. I especially liked the jacuzzi tub in our room. It felt good after all of the travelling I did. Both the hotel staff and the restaurant staff were exceptional. The food was good too -- best scalloped potatoes ever!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 19, 2010

The "Towers" has everything in one spot - perfect location, super clean rooms, a delicious breakfast, and even a Spar Supermarket next door. A fitness & leisure center is also there but we did not use it. A big thank you to the Reception staff who were so kind, Emma, Leonie, and Hairul! I don't know what department she works in, but Manager Margaret was always around and always working hard on something and very friendly and helpful! Mohan and all the staff in the breakfast room could not be nicer and I feel bad I don't know more of their names. Thanks for treating our little group from Seattle so kindly - see you again next time!

• Stayed March 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This hotel was great and close to everything in Killarney. The hotel staff was superb and the rooms, lobby and restaurant/bar area were clean. The food was excellent! Each morning the breakfast had everything you could think of and the dinners were so delicious. There were always at least three different kinds of main dish meats along with all the sides and tasty desserts to match.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
BC
Reviewed November 10, 2009

This hotel was decent value for the money. I got a three night discount. The room was nice and I appreciated the bath robes. There was no view but I could see the sky which helped me decide what to wear. The location was great. The service was excellent and the buffet was not bad. There is only one computer available for using the internet so you may have to wait. The place was clean, the furnishings and fitting new looking, and everything worked as it should. A nice anonymous hotel.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Difficult to access computer
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maine
Reviewed October 25, 2009

The room assigned to me was already occupied by a man who kept saying "sorry"-back to front desk, returned key card and given another room. Guess what- a smoking room and very bad with it. I called the front desk and was told fully booked, all they had, and not too apologetic about it either, nothing she could do. To make matters worse-the window opened onto a restaurant exhaust fan and an alley. When I went to front desk they were professional about it but didn't really seem to care, same with restaurant staff, stressed out. Also the jacuzzi was not clean so didn't use that. Next day I got a nonsmoking room-similar to the room I should have had. Now I know why the guy was so apologetic-he probably got a smoking room, complained and they gave him my room. My pjs stank of smoke from bedding! Had to put in ziplock bag! Second room fine, clean. Great jacuzzi.Clean.

• Stayed September 2009
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We arrived here on late Sunday afternoon. The parking lot across the street is free on Sundays; until 8:30am Monday. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The location is in the center of everything with plenty of shops, restaurants, and pubs within just a few blocks. The rooms were average, while the bathrooms were great! The jetted tub was a nice feature we took advantage of after a long day of sightseeing. Breakfast was delicious with lots of typical, Irish options. The hotel appeared to cater to large tour groups, but were accomdating when we had questions. Hotel did provide a computer with free internet access for guests. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple