“Good hotel”

Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
BC
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

This hotel was decent value for the money. I got a three night discount. The room was nice and I appreciated the bath robes. There was no view but I could see the sky which helped me decide what to wear. The location was great. The service was excellent and the buffet was not bad. There is only one computer available for using the internet so you may have to wait. The place was clean, the furnishings and fitting new looking, and everything worked as it should. A nice anonymous hotel.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Difficult to access computer
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

The room assigned to me was already occupied by a man who kept saying "sorry"-back to front desk, returned key card and given another room. Guess what- a smoking room and very bad with it. I called the front desk and was told fully booked, all they had, and not too apologetic about it either, nothing she could do. To make matters worse-the window opened onto a restaurant exhaust fan and an alley. When I went to front desk they were professional about it but didn't really seem to care, same with restaurant staff, stressed out. Also the jacuzzi was not clean so didn't use that. Next day I got a nonsmoking room-similar to the room I should have had. Now I know why the guy was so apologetic-he probably got a smoking room, complained and they gave him my room. My pjs stank of smoke from bedding! Had to put in ziplock bag! Second room fine, clean. Great jacuzzi.Clean.

• Stayed September 2009
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

We arrived here on late Sunday afternoon. The parking lot across the street is free on Sundays; until 8:30am Monday. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The location is in the center of everything with plenty of shops, restaurants, and pubs within just a few blocks. The rooms were average, while the bathrooms were great! The jetted tub was a nice feature we took advantage of after a long day of sightseeing. Breakfast was delicious with lots of typical, Irish options. The hotel appeared to cater to large tour groups, but were accomdating when we had questions. Hotel did provide a computer with free internet access for guests. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

I am a hugh fan of this Hotel which i stay with my Sisters. We again, had a wonderful stay. I can highly commend the staff. I have reduced mobility and they are so helpful and obliging. Nothing seems to be too much trouble. The rooms are beautifully renovated and a pleasant to stay in.

The food is exceptional, and any requests are accommodated. We also thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment. Already looking forward to our next break. Next time will bring my young grandchildren, as they'd have a ball!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

I am a college professor and escort students to Killarney every March. Next March will be our tenth trip and we have always stayed at the Killarney Towers Hotel. The physical improvements recently completed at the hotel have made a good hotel even better.

However, as I have found elsewhere, it is the staff that makes or breaks the stay. The staff at the Killarney Towers is outstanding. From the managerial staff to those delivering service in the dining hall, pubs,reservations and room cleaning are dedicated to what they do. On a scale of 1 thru 5 I would rate service personnel at a 6. I could sum it up by saying "they care".

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank DoctorMack
galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

Stayed at this hotel last weekend with my husband and young child. The new décor is beautiful. Staff are very friendly & helpful. The one member of staff impressed us the most was the restaurant manager (Joan i think) we had dinner on Friday night and half we true our meal my daughter started to act up we felt a bit uncover able so as we thought we were disturbing other guested but the restaurant manger made us fell at eas... She is very friendly and understanding and because of this alone i would return to The Killarney Towers Hotel....

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

Standards are maintained at a high level in the Killarney Towers. Room was lovely. Good choice tv channels. Furnishings all high standard. Really comfortable, lovely to come back to after trekking round beautiful mountains.

Downstairs in dining room, breakfast good quality. Dinner was buffet and I tend to associate buffet with lower quality food but in this hotel buffet meant delicious, fresh food of which you could have a taste of all on offer - fish (not a fan of fish but this was done so nicely as were the vegetables esp.potatoes :), roast meat falling off the bone, and beef done in a pepper sauce.

Breakfast was served in same room used for dining but I really liked this as the room was nicely lit and gave feeling of luxury even to having breakfast.

But best I thought was the relaxed ambiance as you go in and out of the place. Reception is to the side and non-grandiose but smart and friendly. Prob should add for those not familiar with Killarney, hotel could not be more central. You keep passing it as you walk around town :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family