“Right in the heart of the city- has everything you could desire”

Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
San Diego
“Right in the heart of the city- has everything you could desire”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall I really liked this hotel and I would stay here again. We had three rooms and all were clean and comfortable. They are a bit on the small side. The pool is nice and refreshing although I didn't like being charged for a swim cap I had to wear. They should have them for hotel guests for free. The hallways decor on the way to the pool are a bit nauseating with the strips and squares. The breakfast food buffet in the dining room was great and worth the $10 Euro. The bars adjoining the hotel are fun and have live music every night. It's a close walk to everything. The horse carriages are outside the back door. The hallways are noisy outside the rooms and the walls are a bit thin. I think the entrance and lobby to the the hotel is absurd and not designed for guests managing luggage. There are stairs all the way up to the lifts. There are small lifts that can be used but we were not offered use of them nor were we able to figure out how to use them. The furniture in the lobby is stylish but takes up all the walkway and passing other people is a bit of a hassle and maze. Their decorator should be fired and replaced immediately.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SDlocal1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of the tour I was on. It was a great location, the food was average, but the hotel room could have been spiffier. The furnishings were dated and the tub had mold on it. Due to its proximity to multiple pubs, the noise factor would have been a problem if I didn't travel with a DOHM machine to create white noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 2D1B
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon and found the staff to be wonderful!! The rooms were very nice and clean. This hotel was centrally located to all bars and resturants. We enjoyed our stay here and really appreciated the staffs suggestions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brittney V
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Waited an hour for food, when it came it was dire. Admittedly there was an admission they'd forgot about us and they were sorry.

Very inattentive - must do better

Had high hopes and left disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Cookiescream1
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is in a great location in the middle of town center in Killarny. Many shops and services are within easy walking distance. The hotel seems to cater to large coach parties, but is well-equipped to handle the crowds. The food was very good with a nice variety each night. There was an issue with people screaming on the streets and outside of the local Pubs on Saturday night until early Sunday morning, and we were told that it is like that every Saturday night.

There are two Pubs attached to the hotel, both of which live music is played every night beginning at 9:45 and some in our party heard the music untl late in the night.

We were most impressed by the fact that the staff changed the bedspreads in each room after each guest checked out. This is great attention to detail as far as cleanliness, as you hear horror stories about how dirty the bedspreads usually are. We have never stayed in a hotel where we have seen this and were most favorably impressed.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from th street and the Pubs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TwoTravelers99
Ireland
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently on business and found it to be a fantastic experience.

Check-in was very friendly and even though I arrived before official check-in time, they were able to get me a room.

The room itself was well appointed with good quality toileteries, a jacuzzi bath, a bathrobe and slippers.

In the evening after my meetings, I returned for dinner. The buffet meal in the restaurant was if very good quality and Teresa who was in charge at the restaurant was very courteous and helpful.

Had a drink in the main bar but only had one as I don't care for trad. But Ganesh, the bar manager was on hand to take me across to Scruffy's where there was a fantastic live music gig going on. He even offered to have someone take me through to The Kube after if I wanted. I declined as I had an early start but am still impressed at the willingness and friendliness encountered from Ganesh and his team!!

Before retiring I had the privilage of meeting the General Manager, Giles Casey. He is a true gentleman and it's easy to see why the hotel is a success with a man like him at the helm.

Breakfast the next morning was a top class buffet. One if the best I have ever encountered. Teresa was on hand again and did a top job looking after me.

Check-out was fast, efficient and very friendly.

My only gripe was that the bedrooms have blankets and sheets as opposed to duvets. But this is really a minor issue.

When I return to Killarney, I will make the towers my port of call. Great service and extremely friendly, professional and dedicated staff!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank HotelGuestIreland
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent 5 days here on a coach tour organised by Jones Travel. Accommodation was very comfortable, rooms a good size and bedding and towels excellent quality. Toiletries were also of a high standard and were replaced every day. Hotel has Irish music bands on every evening which was really enjoyable. The food was plentiful and of a very high standard. Service in all areas was also excellent, staff were friendly and very helpful. Leisure facilities are also good. The location of the hotel is very central for the town and a good base for touring Ring of Kerry, Bantry Bay etc. Must also mention Jones Travel who really do provide an excellent service with pick up and drop off at home as a bonus and well organised excursions from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends