“High quality and standards - brilliant value!”

Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Cork
“High quality and standards - brilliant value!”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The staff in this hotel are extremely nice notably Martin, front of house manager. So with regard to the comment made earlier regarding parking I know he would never be rude to anybody least of all a guest as he values them very much even though some of them are very hard to please. The hotel does not have parking nor does it ever claim to have. It is right in the middle of Killarney and there is a car park right across the road. I believe a lot of the time you will be using the car anyway so it wont be parked and it is only a euro an hour anyway for the time it is parked.
This hotel is high quality and it is brilliant value. It is always a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank SabrinaCork
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in the Killarney Towers Hotel and I see that you have stayed with us before. Thank you also for your positive comments regarding our staff and facilities.

We here at the Towers look forward to being able to welcome you to Killarney some time in the future.

With Kindest Regards;

KTH Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We enjoyed our time at trhe Killarney Towers. It was a lovely hotel located perfectly in the center of town. We especially enjoyed working with Nicola who made sure our stay was perfect and suggested sights to see.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our Killarney Towers Hotel, and in particular I would like to thank you for mentioning one of our guest service agents. As a family owned business we pride ourselves on being warm and helpful and it is always nice when we are in a position to single out a member of staff for particular instances when they made a difference to a guests stay.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Killarney and to O'Donoghue-Ring Hotels in the future and if I can be of any personal assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I found the Killarney Towers the best and most comfortable hotel we stayed at on our tour. It was the only place that had decent lighting in the bathroom, and there was a jacuzzi! The location couldn't have been bettered for getting around.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank XenonNewton
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we will be in a position to welcome you back to Killarney and to O'Donoghue-Ring Hotels in the future.

Northland
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed at Killarney Towers as part of an organised coach tour.
Put simply, it was as good a place to stay as I have come across.
The service was friendly, helpful and not overbearing, the room was clean, tidy and was well laid out with a genuine king bed and full sized bath.
As it was part of a tour I have no idea what we paid but it was worth it.
The breakfast was excellent and they handled a large crowd (many coaches stayed there) efficiently.
Unlike many places, the welcome letter seemed to genuinely welcome people.
Congratulations!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wade56
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review, it is always nice to get any feedback from our guests but it is particularly nice for us to be able to share such positive comments with our hardworking team.

I hope that you will return to Killarney in the near future and we would be delighted to welcome you back to O'Donoghue-Ring Hotels.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I can be contacted by phone on 064 66 31038 or by email at towersreception@odonoghue-ring-hotels.com

Ireland
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My Husband & Myself stayed here for a weekend on our arrival we discovered that this 4 star hotel didn't even have a customer car park, when I asked the guy at reception where I should park he said there is a car park across the road which we discovered cost €1 per hour and the guy said they would give us back €3 per day, so after us paying over €250 for the weekend they now wanted us to pay €50 for parking, when I asked why it wasn't on the website that there was no car park the guy said well it doesn't day we do either which to be honest I thought was a very rude way to speak to a customer. The food in the Restaurant wasn't great really tasteless and not much Choice, we normally stay in the plaza but said this one we would try the towers big mistake and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Bettyboo2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor, we value all guest feedback as it is only through feedback that we can ever improve the quality of our products and services to our guests.

Firstly may I apologise for any misunderstanding regarding the parking facilities, it was never our intention to come across as rude and if you felt this then I can assure you that it was completely unintentional.

The vast majority of town centre hotels here in Killarney and elsewhere do not have their own car parks. In fact our sister hotels the Killarney Avenue Hotel and the Killarney Plaza Hotel are two of the few that do.
The Killarney Towers Hotel offers to reimburse it's guests for using the town council public car parks, again this is something that most other hotels do not do.
We have a small loading bay under the hotel this is used for guests to facilitate the convenient loading and unloading of their luggage so they do not have to carry their cases from the public car parks.

The third party website that you booked through does state clearly on it's first page that parking, while not on site is available locally and lists the charges.
Regarding the charges, the car park directly opposite the hotel charges €1 per hour between 8.30am and 6.30pm, it is free overnight and free all day on Sunday's and also on bank holiday Monday's. There is also a public car park on the next street away from the hotel which offers a 24 hour ticket for €3, this car park is also free overnight, on Sunday's and on bank holiday Monday's.

The hotel refund's up to €3 per day for parking which means that for example with your booking, arriving on a Friday afternoon and checking out on Sunday afternoon that parking would have cost €11 for the weekend in the car park opposite the hotel or would have been completely free in the one on the next street.

The parking options for the hotel were also offered to your partner upon check in but he advised the front desk that he was aware of the public car parks as he had stayed with us before.

I am also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us, our food outlets generally get positive feedback but again your comments will help us to improve this area of our service.

I would be delighted to discuss any aspect of your stay further with you if that would be helpful and would invite you to contact me personally at 064 66 31038 or by emailing me at towersreception@odonoghue-ring-hotels.com

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Myself and my partner, on a tour around Ireland stayed at the Killarney Towers. I had to make a point of it, to write a review upon our return home. Our whole experience in Ireland was just fantastic but our stay in Killarney and The Towers Hotel just made it for us. The staff were so friendly and I have to say a special 'Thank You' to a young Manager 'Mr Byrne' as we had a very small issue with our room and the manner and speed with which he sorted it for us, was very appreciated and he seemed to treat us extra special for the rest of our stay.
The Hotel is perfectly situated in the Town and really close to everything. We especially loved the Hotel bar 'O'Donoghues. The Hotel has 3 bars but this was our favourite. It is very traditional and what makes it very special is when they have a local traditional Irish band playing.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. My partner is very 'picky' when it comes to this so when it passed her inspection it made me very happy too. The Restaurant is Buffet style and I have to say the food was delicious and plenty of choice. The Head chef was very helpful to us and explained everything.
All in all our experience was excellent and we will talk about it for many years to come. I just hope the Hotel keep up the good work so when we return in a few years we will have as good experience.
A big thanks to all the staff or as the Irish say 'Thanks a million!'

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NickB111
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review on tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to thank you in particular for mentioning one of our staff memebers, it is always nice for us to be able to pass on such positive comments to our hardworking staff who try very hard to maintain our high standards in customer service.

I hope that we will be in a position to accommodate you here in Killarney again in the near future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Dover, Delaware
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My group of 10 family and friends stayed here for two nights on a tour of our making; we did a lot of sightseeing and the hotel was a good anchor spot. It couldn't have been better located, perfect for rambling around the town on foot. The hotel itself was just grand.... I loved it. A kind of understated glitz, if you will... the lobby is perfect for meeting friends, as is the small bar near the restaurant. Yes, the meals are buffet style, but they are far above buffet quality.... very good food, and the staff were nothing but kind to us. This is a frequented hotel by tour groups, yes, but that isn't a negative, in my book...the staff was very efficient in accommodating everyone, whether they were a couple alone on vacation, or a whole tour group.... and all I saw on their faces was smiles. The rooms were very nice, and I would definitely return to this hotel when visiting Killarney, and I have stayed in most of the hotels in Killarney.... this is the one to book.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Zorchie63
Dear Guest,,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As a family owned group of hotels we pride ourselves on offering friendly warm serivce and value for money. I would like to particularly thank you for your comments regarding our staff, it is always nice when we can forward comments like yours on to our hardworking team.

I hope that we can be in a position to accommodate you again in the near future in Killarney and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.