“Great Friendly Irish Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre

Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Friendly Irish Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Myself and my partner, on a tour around Ireland stayed at the Killarney Towers. I had to make a point of it, to write a review upon our return home. Our whole experience in Ireland was just fantastic but our stay in Killarney and The Towers Hotel just made it for us. The staff were so friendly and I have to say a special 'Thank You' to a young Manager 'Mr Byrne' as we had a very small issue with our room and the manner and speed with which he sorted it for us, was very appreciated and he seemed to treat us extra special for the rest of our stay.
The Hotel is perfectly situated in the Town and really close to everything. We especially loved the Hotel bar 'O'Donoghues. The Hotel has 3 bars but this was our favourite. It is very traditional and what makes it very special is when they have a local traditional Irish band playing.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. My partner is very 'picky' when it comes to this so when it passed her inspection it made me very happy too. The Restaurant is Buffet style and I have to say the food was delicious and plenty of choice. The Head chef was very helpful to us and explained everything.
All in all our experience was excellent and we will talk about it for many years to come. I just hope the Hotel keep up the good work so when we return in a few years we will have as good experience.
A big thanks to all the staff or as the Irish say 'Thanks a million!'

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NickB111
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review on tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to thank you in particular for mentioning one of our staff memebers, it is always nice for us to be able to pass on such positive comments to our hardworking staff who try very hard to maintain our high standards in customer service.

I hope that we will be in a position to accommodate you here in Killarney again in the near future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

KTH Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

My group of 10 family and friends stayed here for two nights on a tour of our making; we did a lot of sightseeing and the hotel was a good anchor spot. It couldn't have been better located, perfect for rambling around the town on foot. The hotel itself was just grand.... I loved it. A kind of understated glitz, if you will... the lobby is perfect for meeting friends, as is the small bar near the restaurant. Yes, the meals are buffet style, but they are far above buffet quality.... very good food, and the staff were nothing but kind to us. This is a frequented hotel by tour groups, yes, but that isn't a negative, in my book...the staff was very efficient in accommodating everyone, whether they were a couple alone on vacation, or a whole tour group.... and all I saw on their faces was smiles. The rooms were very nice, and I would definitely return to this hotel when visiting Killarney, and I have stayed in most of the hotels in Killarney.... this is the one to book.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Zorchie63
Dear Guest,,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As a family owned group of hotels we pride ourselves on offering friendly warm serivce and value for money. I would like to particularly thank you for your comments regarding our staff, it is always nice when we can forward comments like yours on to our hardworking team.

I hope that we can be in a position to accommodate you again in the near future in Killarney and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as part of tour group.

Unhelpful and rude staff.

Most of the lights in the room didn't work and the hot water didn't work in the shower. But I must admit the room was clean.

The food at the restaurant was bland and overcooked.

This was my first trip to Ireland and I obviously had too high expectations.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank starbrite657
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. We welcome all guest feedback as this is the only way that we can hope to improve the quality of the products and services to our customers.

Firstly may I apologies for the issues with your room, with limited information I cannot look into it further but I would like to assure you that the experience you had with lights and water was the exception and not the rule. We have a strict defect reporting procedure within our accommodation department and take these things very seriously.

We do offer both a buffet and a la carte menu in our restaurant, the buffet is popular because of the volume of guests we accommodate and generally we get very positive feedback on our food however, not everything is to everyone's taste and again I offer my apologies.

I am very concerned however about your comment about the staff being "rude and unhelpful" we as a family owned business pride ourselves on our staff being warm and welcoming. Most of our staff have been with us for many many years and we have a policy intense training in the area of customer service.

I would be only too happy to discuss any issues you had and would invite you to contact me directly at 00353 64 66 31038 or by emailing towersreception@odonoghue-ring-hotels.com

Randolph, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Clean and spacious rooms. Requested a room away from loud music in the pub 3 months in advance. Instead, our room was directly above the pub. Food is average for a buffet. The hotel is overrun with several tour groups jamming the lobby, lift, restaurant and pub.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. All guest feedback is helpful as this is the only way we can improve the quality of service to our customers.

I am sorry to hear that you were not entirely happy with your stay with us and apologise for any noise issues you encountered. Unfortunately due to the fact that last weekend was a bank holiday weekend and the town was also hosting the annual Harley Davidson weekend Killarney was indeed filled to capacity and being a town centre hotel all of our food and beverage outlets were very busy.

We do also host a lot of tours in Killarney because of it's popularity with international guests but we do strive to treat all of our customers as individuals.

I hope that your experience would not stop you from returning to Killarney or the Killarney Towers Hotel and if I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel was a little piece of luxury for my weekend stay with friends for an irish wedding. The hotel is situated in the heart of this lovely town. The room was a good size and kept very clean everyday with all the amenities you could ask for (The jacuzzi bath is amazing!!). I didn't get a chance to sample the food in the hotel restaurant, so cannot comment on the food, but a few steps across the road Cronins food was delicious....and generous!! The staff were incredibly helpful in all aspects. I could not have asked for any more. I will definatley be back at this first class hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Claire,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend with us and hope that the wedding you attended was very enjoyable.

We at O'Donoghue-Ring Hotels look forward to being in a position to welcome you back to Killarney in the near future.

Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

This hotel is ok, it is clean. It has good offers. We stayed in a stay 2 nights and a night free offer. It is centric. They have leisure facilities: a sauna, a steem room, a swimming pool and part of the swimming part could have bubbles. These opened till late (9 pm) so was appropiate after being all day sightseeing. However, we had a problem with the girl and the reception. She did not very well english. We booked for a dinner at the hotel and asked if we could go at 9 pm. She called the restaurant and told us it was ok. When we went to the dinner, the salads of the buffet were already finished and the cook of the buffet told us that he closed at 9 pm and that he was closing the buffet. We felt uncomfortable eating quickly and felt we were forced to hurry. On the next night, we went to the pub and they had a band. The band sand a song about the alamo which was uncomfortable for mexicans, only welcoming USA people. there was wireless internet for free but they had to print the password each 4 hours for you.

Room Tip: the hotel has no parking but there is public ones
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TripLover084
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments, we appreciate all guest feedback because it is only through feedback from our guests that we can ever be in a position to improve the quality of the service we provide in our hotels.

Firstly may I apologise for the confusion that seems to have occured regarding your meal. We pride ourselves on having a particularly good variety and standard of food in our bars and restaurants and that accommodating our guests is never an issue.

May I also apologise for any discomfort you felt in relation to the music in O'Donoghue's Public House. Killarney is such a popular destination in Ireland that we have been able to welcome guests from every country and I cannot stress enough that any insult you felt was purely accidental and totally unintentional.

I hope that overall your perception of our hotel was not too badly damaged from your experiences and that you will one day return to us and see why we do have so many happy and repeat customers, and if I can be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me at 064 66 31038 or by emailing towersreception@odonoghue-ring-hotels.com

With Kindest Regards;

Killarney Towers Hotel
Holland, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

Stayed here as part of atour or Ireland. Our room was well appointed, clean and ample. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and bright. Although we did not have a chance to stop in, the lobby pub looked inviting and traditional. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The best part of this hotel is its central location. Killarney is small, which means that you can walk 15 minutes in any directions from this hotel and be out of town. It's across the street from an intransce to the national park and minutes from many pubs and restaurants. It has a sister proprty across the street that looked a tad bit more upscale, but this hotel provides everything a traveller needs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KTH_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to share them on tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at O'Donoghue-Ring Hotels and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.