Killarney Court Hotel
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Friendly staff, convenient location, free parking and perfect free wi-fi. Triple room has three separate beds which can be rarely found over Ireland hotels. Patrol station and supermarket are located close to hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Kat K, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Killarney Court Hotel. I am delighted to see that you were happy with your stay and that the location suited your needs. I hope you call to us again if you are in the area, Derek Carroll, General Manager.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here here with 7 of my friends last month. On arrival we were greeted with a friendly welcome. We went up to the room to get ready and realised the toilet didnt flush and also bath was filthy. Complained to receptionist but nothing happened. We decided to go down to restaurant to get some food bfore gettng ready, we all payed and then got ready, when we went for a drink in the bar we were approached by, firstly the receptionist asking if we had all payed for dinner, then while enjoying a drink another staff member decided to accuse us of not paying infront of everyone in the bar!! Absolutley ridiculous! We were mortified and disgusted at his approach to paying guests, we left immediatley after. No apology was ever given. Definately the worst stay ive ever had anywhere. We went away for a relaxing weekend there and ended up coming home feeling angry and upset that we were accused of such a thing! I certainly will be not recommending this hotel to anyone. Totally unprofessional staff and filthy bathrooms with broken equipment!! Not the sort of thing I want to spend money on. terrible!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lauren O
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a wedding group with some friends. We found this place great value and would recommend. €274 for 2 ppl 3 nights b&b and one evening meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful in the rooms, bar, breakfast and reception. We got upgraded to a superior room which was nice with a wonderful view of the mountains.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Karen C
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Karen C, Thank you for your your kind and thoughtful words regarding your stay with us for the Wedding. I believe it went very well and a great time was had by all. The weather was quite good for your stay so this offered some stunning views of the mountains from some of our rooms; I am delighted you got to enjoy them. It is always so important to hear of our team being so friendly and welcoming, thank you. I hope you have a chance to call to us again soon. Thanks again, Derek Carroll, General Manager.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Another quaint English inn. Wifi is free but encryption is ridiculous--someone might sit outside and use it!

Shower is impossible--to hot or too cold. Bed was not that comfy.

Best thing about it is the price, even then I'd pay a little more for some comfort.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank orracle
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear oracle, Thank you very much for your review of the Killarney Court Hotel. I am delighted you felt we were priced at the right level, and that we were like a quaint English Inn. I am very sorry about the shower and will get it checked out immediately. It is normally a very positive feature of peoples stay with us because of the great power in our system but this was not the case for your experience and I am sorry about that. We do have a program of replacing mattresses regularly and will double check them again. I am sorry that they were not to your liking.
The Wi-Fi encryption is certainly not intended to be an inconvenience and I am sorry that it was. The reason we have the security feature is to ensure each persons use/work on the internet while staying with us, is totally private , and hidden from other users of the system. It also ensures there is no clogging up of the network so a fast and efficient broadband can be provided to all as much as possible. We actually are updating our whole system at present to give a better service and we are awaiting the arrival of Fibre Broadband which will be with us by the end of May. This will give up to 70mbs .
Again, thank you for your comments which I am very grateful for. I do hope you return to us again soon and see the improvements as a result.
Thank you, Derek Carroll, General Manager.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here with my fiancé for the past two nights after deciding at the last minute to have a break away.

The hotel offered excellent value €124 B&B for the two nights.

The room we stayed in was well appointed & lovely and clean. We had a double and single bed in the room.

The breakfast was a buffet will all possible tastes catered for.

On Saturday we availed of the courtesy taxi phone in reception,& killarney cabs appeared within 3minutes.

There are only two faults with the hotel:
1)the room could have done with being a little colder (although the past weekend has been warmer than recent weeks)
2) the bed was very very soft,both myself & my fiancé felt out of sorts after our second nights' sleep.

Would definitely recommend & stay again

• Stayed: April 2013
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Ailybaby, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us over the last couple of days.Congratulations on your engagement!!! I am very sorry that the room was a bit too warm and I will get the system checked . We have a program of upgrading our matressess and I will check to see if we need another one changed: thank you for letting me know. I wish both of you a fantastic future and hope you will remember us in years to come. Thank You, Derek Carroll, General Manager.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here on Saturday night for €49 room only - unbeatable. Nice room, good location, friendly staff. No problems.
Situated about a 10 minute walk from Killarney town centre with ample on-site parking

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank N B

Dear N B , Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel.A good, friendly, clean and affordable Hotel is always a great find. I am delighted we were good on all counts and hope to see you again soon. Thank you, Derek Carroll, General Manager.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been in some hotels over the years but I can honestly say this is the best! We arrived Easter Sunday to a very swift check in, we enquired about trips around the ring of Kerry as we had never seen this part of Ireland before and we were helped out by a lovely lady who was able to book us a trip the very next day, we where staying on a 2 night b&b and evening meal - fantastic deal it was. We booked our dinner for the next night and went up to our room - you really have to stand back and say Wow - me being used to a double bed in most hotels and everything sort of squeezed in - it was fabulous we didn’t want to touch anything it was so well presented - the bed was a king size, so comfortable - we had a widescreen television as well as a huge bathroom - the nicest shower I have ever seen - this room had it all, the room was set to a lovely temperature and the bathroom had more mod cons with heated floors and a mirror that wouldn’t mist up when in the shower - I could have lived in this room alone. The cleaners were fantastic - room was left spotless the next day and towels were replaced, the tea and coffee was replaced leaving us with fresh teabags etc, the shower gels, soap etc was amply replaced. After our tour of Kerry we then had dinner in the restaurant to a good selection of a menu this again was fantastic, the breakfast was beautiful with orders which the kitchen could process such as pancakes and various other dishes the hot and cold counter was well stocked with fresh dishes it really was lovely. I was happy with everything at the Killarney Court it was a fantastic hotel close to the town - thanks for making our Easter weekend a great one!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clar61
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Clar61, Thank you ever so much for your glowing review. We are delighted that we made your stay a pleasant one and are flattered that you feel it is the best hotel you ever stayed in!!!!! Thank you very much, we hope to welcome you again soon. Derek Carroll, General Manager.