“Great value for money”

Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Cork, Ireland
“Great value for money”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed over the weekend thanks to the good reviews on tripadvisor and great deal compared to others in Killarney. The hotel was much closer to the town than I expected which was great so we could eat and have a few drinks in the town and walk back. Staff were so friendly, something you'd only truly find out of the city. Wifi was a little unreliable. The room was a good size, clean and comfortable although a little chilly and we had trouble working the radiator. I think it's only set to a timer which wasn't very convenient given it was a freezing weekend! One quip I would have wasn't a fault of the hotel but of other guests who decided to play a sort of run-away-knock game at about 1am which wasn't appreciated but overall very enjoyable and I would definitely recommend it to people as a very good base to see Killarney.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura M
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Laura M,

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. I am delighted you had a pleasant stay. I am very sorry about the noise at night, sometimes other guests just show no consideration at all. We have to have the heating on a timer as on all the time would be too hot for people. We have heaters available for people if they need them and I will look at improving our method of communicating this to guests.
I do hope you visit again soon.

Derek Carroll,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Dublin
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Killarney Court Hotel for a short three night break. Check in was friendly and efficient. We had upgraded to a superior room which was well equipped but a little too small. We had bar food the evening we arrived which was pretty awful. After that we only eat breakfast in the hotel which was always very good - well cooked and fresh with a reasonable selection.

The hotel is a short walk from the town. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little shabby and while superficially clean could benefit from a deep clean.

We would go back for the excellent value, friendly staff and good location.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DermotMB,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you experienced excellent value and friendly staff during your stay. I am very sorry that you felt your Bar Food was not up to standard. We put a lot of effort to maintain very good quality in this area and I am very sorry about your experience.

The Hotel Entrance is in the process of being upgraded and we are working to improve the appearance of it. We work very hard at hygiene in our Hotel and would appreciate if you contact me to let me know what you felt was lacking.

I hope to welcome you back again soon for the 'Excellent Value'

Thanks again,

Derek Carroll,
General Manager.
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hotel was lovely, we arrived late and were checked in by the night porter who was very helpful. All the staff from housekeeping to reception were very friendly. Room was very comfortable. Would stay there again. Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms were lovely
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Navrat01, Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. It is very rewarding when all goes according to plan which in your instance, I glad to say, it did. Hope to see you again soon. Derek Carroll, General Manager.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed for one night at the end of January(me, my new husband, my sister, my brother & his girlfriend); very friendly receptionist; the bar man was very nice also & engaged us in lots of conversation as we were the only ones left in the bar!! Breakfast was lovely the next morning. Our room was a bit cool when we went up but this was sorted quickly when my husband rang down about it

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear karmic2013, Thank you for taking the time to review the Killarney Court Hotel.I am delighted that you felt we were value for money which is so important in this day and age. Sorry about the delay with the heating but I am happy it was sorted swiftly. Hope to welcome you back again soon. Derek Carroll, General Manager.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on the 16th Feb Hotel is nice and clean the rooms are spacious staff are all very polite. We had dinner in the bar and was lovely the bar itself is a bit old fashioned an they had no music which I taught they said there was music in the bar. We walked to town just 5 min walk, if I was to go again I would prop stay in a hotel in the centre of the town because there is so many of them and as the hotel had no music we had to go into the town anyways. Overall it is a good hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed February 2013
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Amyoc88, Thank you for posting a review with your comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you may return again in the future. I will take your point about music on board and look at the possibility in the future. Thank you, Derek Carroll.General Manager.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived to the hotel at last miniture and were greatest by a male receptionist who was very friendly and happily checked us in after a small problem with the window in our bedroom the staff happily moved us to another room the bar has a great atmosphere and the hotel in its self has a mix of all ages staying there I definitely recommend it for couples and family's especially I look forward staying there again

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Emminx , Thank you for taking the time to review the Killarney Court Hotel.It is great to hear we provided you with a pleasant stay and that we reacted quickly when you had an issue with your room. I home you will return again soon. Derek Carroll, General Manager.
dublin
Reviewed February 16, 2013

stayed here last weekend came down for the dublin match we stayed 2 nights rooms were lovely heated floor in bathroom we had a few drinks in the bar before heading to the town and a few when we came back had breakfast both mornings and that set us up for the day would stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear shaggygirl, Just a note to say thank you for your kind words in your review of the Killarney Court Hotel.I'm glad we looked after you so well and we even organised a good result in the match too!!! Hope you visit again soon. Thank you. Derek Carroll, General Manager.