“Excellent stay at Earls Court House Hotel”
Review of Earls Court House

Earls Court House
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I stayed one night and my overall experience of this hotel was excellent. The hotel is impecably maintained. The rooms and bathrooms are large and very clean. My room had a new flatscreen LCD television. The free breakfast had a large selection of items to choose from. You can tell the owners of the hotel spend a lot of time there and make sure it keep its excellent reputation.

I paid approx eur 100.00 and though it was a great bargain. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank tuslac

Reviewed September 21, 2006

We enjoyed a perfect four-day stay at Earls Court House last week. This is one of the most relaxing and friendly places we have stayed in. There is a lovely sense of peace and quiet, yet it is only an easy 5-minute walk to and from the bustling centre of town.

The house has a very comfortable feel to it, as did our bedroom, with lovely dark period furniture blending with attractive fittings. We asked for a double deluxe which was very spacious, as was the bathroom. The housekeeping staff looked after the room immaculately with some very thoughtful extras provided. The lounge is very comfortable, with some interesting books helpfully provided as well as internet access freely available.

Breakfast provided the perfect start to the day - special praise for the porridge and the beautifully fresh, delicious fruit salad. There were also other helpful services, such as laundering, on offer which we didn't use but which it was nice to know were available.

Earls Court House just felt like a home from home within a very short time of our arrival. Emer Moynihan and her family and staff could not have been more helpul and friendly. We felt they were always there to attend to you if needed, but unobtrusively so.

We were looking forward to returning almost as soon as we had left. Truly excellent!

Don & Fiona Shaw, Scotland

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mackshaw
Reviewed August 30, 2006

Ok, my wife gets mad when I say this....but Killarney sucked. She says not everyone is about quiet and real Irish towns and that some people like the whole touristy thing. We don't so Killarney itself was a major disappointment. All the guidebooks will tell you about the traffic and crowds and they are right. We had been told earlier in our trip to avoid the Ring of Kerry if traffic, buses, and crowds are not your thing. It was suggested to us to drive the Ring of Beara (below Ring of Kerry) and Dingle (above Ring of Kerry) and this is what we did. Don't miss Healy Pass on the Ring of Beara! Back to Killarney....and Earls Court...nice breakfast, modern and comfortable room....great bathroom. From the outside it is misleading...but the entrance and rooms make up for the lack of distinction on the outside. It took us 5 minutes to walk into Killarney....great way to burn off the Guiness and Irish Stew (Long Bar and Restaurant is a good choice to eat). Instead of the Ring of Kerry, our day and a half there was spent in the Killarney National Park. Don't miss Torc Waterfall and do the walk around it. Muckross house and abbey were nice. We loved Ross Castle and took a boat ride out to Innisfallon abbey/island and spent an hour totally alone walking around the 23 acre island and relaxing....well worth the 15 Euros it cost to be taken out by boat (launch from Ross Castle). Good place to stay if you like touristy things....next time there will be no Killarney on our trip.

Stayed: August 2006
6  Thank spreese
Reviewed August 27, 2006

The guesthouse was large, clean, and homey. The rooms were huge and immaculate. Service was fantastic and the breakfasts were amazing. Great value and the location is close enough to walk to the center of town without having to deal with the noise of staying right in the center. The free internet access in the common area was a nice perk - though I had to get there at odd hours to avoid waiting in line.

I would defintely recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank sweetieiml
Reviewed August 24, 2006

We got off to a bad start here, but left happy two days later. Perhaps my expectations were too high. We arrived late in the afternoon on Saturday . No cake or tea in sight, as had been touted in their advertising and by other trip advisor reviewers. We were travelling with another couple and we both went off to our rooms. Ours was quaint and charmingly decorated with antiques. There was a small balcony with petunias absolutely exploding with blooms out of the planter. The bathroom could use updating. The TV was a little 13" thing. I was happy with it until I went to the other couple's room which was gigantic and had a sitting room with sofa and chairs, two flat-screen TVs, huge 4-poster bed, and an unbelievable bathroom with shower and separate jacuzzi tub. I was so jealous!!! We had paid the same rate and I had actually booked before them. Oh well.... The hotel puts a really helpful guidebook in your room that not only has the usual info about the lodging, but also lots of tourist information. I was delighted to see that for 10 Euros I could get a bag of laundry done. It didn't mention anything about Sunday exclusions, so I stuffed our things into the bag provided and took them to reception. The girl apologized but said the laundress was off on Sunday and the place in town was closed. Ugh! We were leaving on Monday and now our clothes, which we might have gotten another day of wear out of, were wrinkled beyond hope. I wasn't feeling very kindly toward the place at this point, but I got over myself and totally enjoyed the next day and a half there. Breakfast was particularly wonderful and the staff in the breakfast room is so cheerful and upbeat that it just gets the day off to a nice start. We had a rental car and the parking is free and right at the doorstep. Don't hesitate to stay here, but ask for one of the new rooms if you want to be spoiled.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank shelbymom
Reviewed August 7, 2006

I can honestly say I have never been more warmly received as a single traveller at any property. This was my first trp to Ireland, and a fairly imprompu one. What I will remember about Earls Court are some of the same things as other reviewers -- the smashing breakfasts, the spotless and thoughtfully laid-out room, and the air of relaxation that pervades the place. What made it unique was the warmth and local knowledge, freely shared, of hosts Emer and Ray. Killarney town is crowded in summer, but get out for a walk in the National Park and you will get closer to the real Ireland very quickly. National Park entrance is 5 minutes from Earls Court. I will be back, with friends and family, I hope.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank mclib
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We loved Earls Court House!! My husband and I stayed here for three nights while we were in Ireland on our honeymoon. Killarney was our favorite town, and Earls Court House was our favorite accommodation, and we would love to go back again.

Emer, the owner, is very helpful and goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable (she seriously has the answer to any question and graciously takes care of any needs, making reservations, suggestions for tours, etc.). Take advantage of the complimentary tea and cake that she offers upon arrival, it is quite good! Also, for two people who don’t like the morning, we actually got up early to make sure we made the breakfast. The food was amazing!

We stayed in a Deluxe Room with a balcony. The room consisted of a queen size bed and one twin bed, a television, several dressers and an oversized chair. The bathroom was clean and the shower/tub was nice. They provided multiple fresh towels each day and were prompt with the cleaning of the room.

As previously mentioned by other reviewers, it is a bit of a walk into town. We would walk during the day (about 10 minutes into the very heart of town) and at night take a taxi (6 euros one way). Although it is a little bit of a walk, it is nice to stay away from all the hustle and bustle of the actual town. Earls Court House was our favorite stop out of the 6 places we stayed in along the way!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple