“Bouncer”
Review of Failte Hotel

Failte Hotel
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

For no reason one of the Bouncers threatened to kill me & throw me under a car!!! Never experienced this behavior in my life. The other bouncer was very professional. Good bar but awful bouncer ruined the experience. All the other staff were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This review is for the pub.

I loved it because they had live music! And it was a Monday night! There's a lot of seating but if you want a good table to catch the show, you should come early. When we got there, I think the act had been playing for a while so the only tables available were ones in the back where you couldn't see anything, or the table in front RIGHT next to the speaker.

They have Murphy's on tap (I still prefer my Guinness. After all, Guinness is good for you!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just like the others I had to pay upfront. The room we stayed in hadn't been cleaned properly as there was traces of make-up around the room. When I called reception for an iron and ironing board I got an iron but a sheet to use instead of an ironing board! The light in the bathroom was hanging down in the bathroom and we informed staff but the lady who looked at it was rude and tried to put the blame on me and my partner even though we had only walked into the room. The breakfast was poor and tasted like it was cooked early in the morning and left under the grill until customers sat down for breakfast. Also after flushing the toilet a loud ringing noise would last for up to half an hour or more, not the most pleasant sound to sleep through!

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay up front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EilisN_80
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

As a Tour Guide & Chauffeur I travel all over Ireland and eat in lots of good restaurants however The Failte. Restaurant in Killarney is fantastic in all my years eating here I have never had a bad meal, always well priced. The staff are very friendly and ready to help you decide on your meal. I have just had the best T bone steak every,followed by a great dessert . I will be back and I hope when you visit Killarney you will call into The Failte Hotel for a great meal.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were just passing though Killarney on a day trip and just came across this place and needed something to eat so we went in. Very nice pub and old style pub and nice atmosphere and the food was lovely and very tasty and not dear either. Staff friendly and welcoming. Glad we came across it.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had to pay upfront, which was kind of surprising. The key to the door is like an old fashioned skeleton key, and will require lots of time and patience to actually maneuver it around in the key hole. The rooms are nothing special. When I called to ask about internet access, they gave me a password that didn't work. When I called back, the lady on the phone was extremely rude, and basically said for me to leave if I don't like the way she's doing things. Well, that's exactly what I did. I packed up my bags and wheeled them to the Killarney Royal Hotel down the street, and had a wonderful experience there. Stay away from the Failte though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We eat here on the 27th Oct .Seafood chowder was of the highest Quality.Followed by the t bone steak which left me struggling to finish,and at 23 euro was reasonably priced.My wife wanted a sea food salad which was not on the menu,but the propreitor arranged for a selection of different seafood with a side salad which was huge and my wife struggled to finish it.Overall a plesant dining experience with friendly staff and great atmosphereThank you all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple