$136
  • Breakfast included
$190
$135
Travelocity
The Heights Hotel Killarney(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$114
$100
All reviewshonor barhonesty barrunning brookbeautiful conservatoryring of kerrytown centre of killarneyhomemade jamsmodern bathroomwonderful hostsyogurtbreakfast was deliciousbed and breakfastgreat showergreat adviceminute drivecomfortable stayfull irish breakfast
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We spent 3 wonderful nights at the Gleann Fia guest house. We were welcomed upon arrival by Connor who was very nice, very friendly and very helpful. He recommended what we should see and do during our visit and even made reservations for us. His restaurant reservations were very good too. We loved how his recommendations were perfectly suited for our family with two young children.
The accomodations were perfect - we stayed in room #2 which is a suite (two rooms divided by a curtain), queen size bed and two twins. Plenty of space and a nice sized bathroom.
Breakfast was always nice - cereal, fruits, really good brown bread, jams, etc, and a choice of eggs and bacon (what I would call canadian bacon). Great coffee, constantly being refilled.
The surroundings were beautiful with the river running nearby and deer grazing in the front yard almost like a postcard. We were close to town, too, making trips in for dinner easy.
They have a nice atrium where you can sit and relax, with an honor bar, soft drinks, beer, wine, alcohol. A nice touch for the evenings. Lots of books, fiction, art, travel, to borrow.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Well, I've noticed that the only other people who thought the same as I do are also Irish so maybe this man prefers foreigners! The place is lovely and the hostess and her daughter and I think also a son are gorgeous but I really can't say the same about the host. He also tried to charge us more than the agreed rate he had told us via e-mail and immediately changed it when I questioned him but was not at all nice about it. I also questioned about the booking fee as I booked online and he was rather nasty in the way he tried to explain it telling me that I had got it all wrong. He then went on to say that he had also complained to the company (so it's obvious that there is a problem). On the receipt that they issue the words 'Booking total' 'Booking deposit' and 'Accommodation balance' are used but the accommodation balance figure means nothing as the booking deposit is in actual fact a fee that is not returned.
Anyway, it was a shame as otherwise (besides the tepid shower and fairly cold room on arrival) it was great. I also asked the host about where we should try for dinner and once again he wasn't very helpful. Very unusual, I have to say, in Ireland to meet someone who runs a guest house who doesn't go out of their way to help the guests.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzyDublin
Reviewed March 27, 2009

The location is a very convenient base for exploring the Kerry area and is close to town so you can hit up the pubs after a long day of exploration. We found the rooms clean and well-kept and charming as a B&B should be without the sterility that we dislike about hotels. The house is large with many interesting nooks and crannies including a library and self-pay bar in the patio room. There is also fast, free wi-fi that we made use of with our laptop. The owners were kind, helpful and obviously work hard and enjoy what they do. We felt very welcome. Since we stayed here in March the house was pretty quiet (which we enjoyed very much) and I think the owners went out of their way to give us extra attention. We are in our mid-twenties and disagreed with another review that stated the owners are unfriendly to younger people.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

We spent 2 nights here, and wish we had time for a third night.
We travelled with our teenage son, the room was very nice and clean, with a double bed and a single bed.
Breakfast was very good, and plenty....also in the sun room they kept a coffee/tea pot for self service.
I loved the cozy feeling of their living room area, with fireplace and books, Bridget and Conor made us feel right at home.
The property is very well kept, the woods behind the house with the creek running through....it just gives it a whimsical feel to it.
Not too far from Killarney center.
Overall I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 3, 2009

My Fiance and I booked 2 nights in Gleann Fia Country House to ring in the New Year 2009. We booked online on the hotels website. We rang to comfirm our booking and was told everything was perfect and not to worry about confirmation code etc on arrival. We rang the owner as soon as we got to Killarney as we had no idea where to go. The directions we were given were not very informative but we got there in the end.

The guesthouse is amazing, a stream runs through the property and the whole area is surrounded by woodlands. It looks more like a hotel than a guesthouse....which is always a good thing!!

We proceeded to check in at reception and were waiting behind another couple,to whom the owner was very pleasant. We gave our name and said we would like to settle the bill whilst checking in. This was not a problem...but...he tried to charge us 35euro more than what was agreed during the booking process. When we questioned this he seemed pretty adamant that his price was correct until finally checking it up and changing us the correct amount. He was not at all helpful, just gave us our keys and we had to ask where the room was. This was a bad start to wonderful stay!

The room was lovely with a double and single bed.Lovely views.Ensuite with a great shower.Spotless. Could not fault the room at all!Had a great sleep with luxurious feather pillows.

Breakfast was from 8 to 9.30. The dining room was spacious with a great cold buffet.Everything from chese to fresh fruit,muesli and lovely brown bread.Got bacon and eggs with breakfast.

Overall the Guest house was great and I would thoroughly recommend it for good value and beautiful setting. However the owner seems to prefer older couples and is verging on snobby to be honest. Other than that I loved the place.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Couple2722