“Beautiful Country House!”

Ranked #18 of 140 Killarney B&B and Inns
Garden Grove, California
“Beautiful Country House!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I spent one night in April at the Gleann Fia Country House and we could not have been happier with the house or the setting. The Victorian-style guesthouse is nestled in a beautiful forest which has walking trails surrounding it. We started the day with a morning walk along the stream and through the forest, and were surrounded by peaceful tranquility. The rooms were roomy, beautifully decorated and very clean. We enjoyed the conservatory and the delicious Irish breakfast. Conrad was friendly and hospitable, providing information and answering any questions we had about Killarney. I hope to return and definitely recommend this country house to anyone staying in Killarney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ConorKillarney, Owner at Gleann Fia Country House, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Love2Travelin2s.

This is a lovely review you gave us and we thank you sincerely. Since you have been with us the leaves have all finally arrived and everything around us is a new green, so fresh and clean. Bridget and I hope that you had a safe trip home and all is well. Hopefully one day you will return to visit again.
Our very best wishes to you both.
Bridget and Conor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just sent two nights at Gleann Fia. We were greeted by our terrific host Connor who was full of energy, experience and advice on the Killarney area. We followed his suggestions and were not disappointed. The B&B is ideally located close to everything and even has a river running through the property along which you can walk. The conservatory was a wonderful place to relax, have a drink ( on the honour system) and chat with other guests. Our room was well situated with an ensuite bathroom and the necessities for tea or coffee making. Wifi was available throughout at no extra charge...a must when far away from family nowadays. The breakfasts were outstanding with a variety of choices. It is easy for us to recommend this B&B to anyone who is travelling to the Killarney area in Ireland. We would definitely stay at Gleann Fia again!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear jcn64.

Thank you for your very nice review of our property after your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed the facilities of the property including Bridget's breakfast. Its really nice and fortunate for us to have company / guests like you, positive in your outlook and enjoying life. We hope that the remainder of your trip was a total success, traveled home safe and all is well with you. I hope one day you will get the time to return and complete the full itinerary.
Every good wish now for a nice summer.
Best regards, Bridget and Conor.
Brazil
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at Gleann Fia last August for a weekend because of a booking problem with the other hotel where I liked staying, but the owner called Gleann Fia and explained the situation and they promptly arranged a room for me. I was upset to have to leave but the whole thing ended up coming out beautifully.
Conrad and Brigitte are lovely people who work hard and make every effort to make you feel comfortable and well at their place. The estate is beautiful with a crook right in front of it. I had the pleasure to sit at a chair in front of the crook, read and relax. The decoration of the place is of such taste! My room was small and because of that I had to come down and stay in the living room and other rooms they have, all full of books, magazines, just impeccable taste. Breakfast was very good and I met a group of Italians there who liked Brazil and I still write to some of them. If I would come another time I would choose a larger room, I guess. But the one I had was good enough for the weekend. They keep everything super clean and help their guests in whatever they can. You need a car to stay there and you cannot walk to town, but Brigitte gladly took me to town so I could have dinner. This was really generous of her seeing that she works hard to keep that place. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear rosanebroadway.

Thank you for your very nice review of our property Gleann Fia Country House after your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and comments. We can also say that it was our pleasure to have met you and enjoy your company. Bridget and I hope that one day you will return entertain more of our guests and enjoy some more fireside conversations.
We wish you happiness and health and I know we will meet again.
Bridget and Conor.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Gleann Fia around Easter weekend. I was especially surprised by how affordable the rates were, and wasn't sure what to expect. The hosts, Conor and Bridget, were very friendly and helpful. The facilities are fantastic. All the charm one would expect from an Irish B&B. The location is beautiful and just far enough out of the way to feel secluded. Perfect if you have a vehicle or plan on cycling.
Advice for anyone planning to book, do so through Gleann Fia's website. I booked through goireland and not all of the room options/configurations are available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ConorKillarney, Owner at Gleann Fia Country House, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear M_Verhagen.

Thank you very much for your very positive review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us over Easter 2013.
We are happy that you choose Killarney and especially Gleann Fia Country House for your short break. We hope sooner rather than later you wil return for some more Family time.
With every good wish for your and your family in the comng year
C & B
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for one night with our little dog. The living room is very cosy and nice. Breakfast is great and plenty. The hosts were very kind and helpful. Thank to their advise we found some hidden gems along the coast. Definitely recommend. We are planning to go back in spring again.

• Stayed February 2013
ConorKillarney, Owner at Gleann Fia Country House, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear X_Xiao.

Thank you for your lovely and very kind comments of your stay with us. Sadly your stay was only for 1 night. Its nice for us to have guests who appreciate and respect a property for all it has to offer. I wish you all good health and happiness until we meet again.
C & B.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Killarney and loved staying at Gleann Fia. It was a beautiful setting and we loved the conservatory and warm fireplace for tea or coffee after getting wet in the rain. The breakfasts had a great variety and very delicious!! We loved Bridget- she was so friendly and wonderful! She made us feel at home and gave us alot of great information on the area and helped arrange a pick up for our Ring of Kerry Tour. We were so happy with our stay there and were sad to leave. The only drawback was that we would have liked to walk to town; it was close (about 2km?), but the road was a bit too busy and not a great path. But overall, we loved it and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fishy74
Dear Fishy74.

Thank you for your very nice comments regarding your stay with us. Please also remember it was also a pleasure for Bridget and I to have met you and assist you with your travel in Kerry and Ireland. Hope you had a safe trip home and as for the footpath I will continue to lobby Kerry County Council. Take good care of yourselves please until we meet again.
C& B.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were very excited on arrival al Gleann Fia as it was my job to organise our accommodation for the 3 of us. On arrival it was breath-taking and absolutely beautiful - luckily we had our own car and could travel to and from town - a long walk otherwise!
We had been searching for laundromats/laundrettes all over Ireland before being told by Conor that no they don't have those in Ireland. Every other country we've been to yes, but not Ireland. And Ireland is one of my most loved places in the world. On arrival. we were treated to Conor's knowledge of the local area and told we would have to listen as he would not repeat it if we came back downstairs and asked again. So we were deterred from asking again. Having been a Customer Service Manager I was perhaps a bit sensitive to the welcome. Having said that our stay was wonderful, the conservatory was magnificent (it has inspired our renovation of our own home extensions and Gleann Fia was at the heart - sitting there in the evening being able to take in the outdoors and the stars at the same time in the warmth of the inside - plus the honour system of the bar was outstanding!). I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I would like to see Brigid happier and Conor enjoy his job more - they have a tiny gem in the heart of the world well worth visiting!

Room Tip: Don't know where room 1 is but we had a room with a double and a single and the TV wasn't vi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
ConorKillarney, Owner at Gleann Fia Country House, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Bargain21

Thank you very much for your very nice review of our property - we appriciate you taking time to write.

In reply to some "buts" you had;

In Killarney we dont do self service laundromats/laundrettes but fully serviced laundry, where you hand in your items and they are washed / dryed / ironed or folded for you to collect later the same day on your return after visiting the Ring of Kerry / Dingle or other local attractions.

On your arrival and introduction to the local area, Oh dear; Im afraid you missed the Irish sense of humour - 90% of guests always need a recap or reminder of what I told them. This is very good as it tells me that they are enjoying, interested in the area and need more information.

I am not a psychiatrist but for me Bridget is a lovely natural and caring person with no airs or graces about her - she enjoys her guests company and goes the extra mile for everyone. As for I, well I can very honestly say I love my work 24x7x365.

Again thank you for staying with us and we both hope that you had a pleasant trip home and all is well.
C&B.