“Hotel feel with B&B touches”
Review of Killarney Lodge

Killarney Lodge
Ranked #8 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed one night with my family and mother-in-law. They provided 2 rooms for a discounted price. The family room was very spacious with 3 beds in it and still plenty of room. The staff were helpful and friendly and the lodge was within a couple of minutes of the town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review Killarney Lodge.
I hope you all enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had 3 nights booked in another B&B, but the proprietor had written down the wrong start date and couldn't accommodate us. So, she spent a while on the phone and managed to book us a spot at Killarney Lodge for 3 nights. What a find! Lovely rooms, closer to downtown Killarney than our original spot, great breakfast, and with lovely hospitality. I particularly liked this place because it had a quiet, green garden and parking area around the free-standing house. This is not the case for many Killarney B&Bs (in row houses on busy streets).

Please note, this place is a little bigger than the usual B&B ... perhaps 10-12 rooms. Not sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying and for taking the time to give us a great review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your visit to the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Killarney lodge for 5 nights and upon arrival we were graciously welcomed by the owner. First off, the owner, Catherine Treachy, served us tea and scones which were just a taste of what we could expect at breakfast. Each breakfast was custom prepared and cooked to perfection with a large selection of choices. The location was a two minute walk into Killarney but yet far enough to be quiet at night even with the windows open. The rooms were large and very comfortable with good beds and hot showers. Catherine and the staff were very welcoming. They were available to answer any and all questions about the area. They provided guidance on what to see and do in the area and their recommendations were always spot on. When we return to Killarney we will definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Melanie.
I enjoyed meeting you both and thank you for staying and taking the time to review us.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We almost booked a hotel as I am not keen on B&Bs. I am so pleased we didn't. Catherine and all the staff runs this place with great skill and kindness Location was superb as others have said so close to everything without being able to hear the late night partying that is traditional in Ireland. Nothing was too much trouble. Tea and coffee and biscuits always available in the lounge and air conditioning that was a godsend as we hit Killarney in a mini heatwave! Breakfasts delicious and freshly cooked to order. Great rooms with showers that work! We would definitely book again if we have the good fortune to visit this magnificent part of Ireland again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for takihg the time to review and for staying with us.
I am delighted your first bed and breakfast experience was a good one.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I, 40-somethings were traveling with my parents, 70-somethings. This was the favorite amongst all of us during our trip to Ireland. The rooms and baths were more like what my parents had expected, i.e. closer to American sizes. The beds were amazing, the showers hot and the owners and their staff could not have been more helpful. I am gluten free and the owner made sure I had GF toast and muesli for breakfast, she even had GF biscuits waiting for us when we checked in and found tea and coffee waiting for us. If ever my path darkens Killarney again, I will be rebooking here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us a great review.

best regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the Killarney Lodge during a week-long golf holiday. The lodge was a very comfortable, friendly place. Rooms were large and bathrooms were fine with good water pressure. The location was a 5 minute walk to the main street in Killarney which was fine because the lodge itself was in a quiet location. The staff was very friendly and they made excellent breakfasts. Will surely stay here on my next visit to Killarney.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time go to review Killarney Lodge.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just arrived home from a 8 day trip to Ireland. it was fantastic and non-stop from the moment we landed at Shannon Airport. I had heard the true way to see Ireland and enjoy the Irish heritage was to stay at bed & breakfast inns oppose to hotels. When visiting Killarney, we stayed at the "Killarney Lodge". We were not disappointed. First off, on arrival there is hot tea and scones. Catherine Treachy, the inn keeper, was so welcoming and warm. The rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable. They had free wifi, and a computer area to check emails. Breakfast was stupendous, with a large selection. The Cinnamon toast with syrup and bananas was my favorite. The inn was very convenient to the main town (a two minute) walk, but at the same time far enough not to hear a lot of noise at night from the pubs. Catherine and the staff were always so accommodating with anything we needed, such as, laundry, restaurant suggestions, reservations, advice on excursions and they even let me store my bike in their private garbage overnight. I was a little skeptical about staying there at first because I read mixed reviews, but I'm glad we did. Those reviews were wrong, I would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to anyone else. I was traveling with my husband and two children, 23 and 21. We had two rooms 8&9. The kids really liked it too......Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank meg c
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for staying and for your lovely review.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your holiday.